Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Jul 30, 2011
London
A difficult but worthwhile book! Although it did take some doing to get into the graph sex descriptions and callousness empty characters! I'm a misanthropist so it suited me...

Jul 30, 2011
London
Michel Houellebecq's Atomised, about the alienation and lack of happiness in a society based on rampant individualism and where everything/everyone is treated as a mere commodity for instant gratification.

Not a cheerful or light read, but much of it seems, sadly, to reflect contemporary life !!!

A difficult but worthwhile book! Although it did take some doing to get into the graph sex descriptions and callousness empty characters! I'm a misanthropist so it suited me...

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Ken Follett's Fall of Giants. Having trouble putting it down. Another recommendation from my mother.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Dark Matter by Juli Zeh translated from German - quite intriguing.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Hells Corner - David Baldacci.
Latest book featuring Oliver and the Camel Club. More unbelieveable than usual. Readable though.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
just finished "the true story of Titanic Thompson" by Kevin Cook,

story of a conman, card shark, golf hustler, Pool player,

great story, entertaining and funny

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Last Shop Standing(Whatever Happened To Record Shops)- Graham Jones.

Author travels round Britain and visits the few remaining independant record shops left. Hundreds of anecdotes from owners. More fun than I am probably making it sound

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Ironically I'm catching up with a Father's Day gift book - I'll Never Get out of this World Alive by Steve Earle

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Psychopath Test - Jon Ronson - I really enjoyed this, although did think JR got a little 'lost', for a bit 2/3rds of the way in, getting side tracked by pharmaceuticals and other mental illnesses.

I'm currently reading, Twisting My Melon Man - Shaun Ryder - Great antidotes but seems a little full of himself.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I really into Stephen Ambrose at the moment, I read Band of Brothers years ago before the tv series and recently brought about 3 other of his books, i really enjoy them, but i see he got into alot of trouble for plagiarism.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Worth Dying For. (Reacher) Lee Child.

"Blackout" by Connie Willis. Time travelling "alternative history" novel set during the Blitz. A bit long and heavy going somewhat but I am determined to stick with it.

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....
images

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here