Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
An Unimportant Officer.

Annotated diary of an officer from the 1st World War. He's currently in his first month at the Somme. Kind of puts the worries of today into perspective.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just finished with The Beano Annual 2011 that Santa brought me this year

An Unimportant Officer.

Annotated diary of an officer from the 1st World War. He's currently in his first month at the Somme. Kind of puts the worries of today into perspective.

And carrying on with the 1st World War theme, I'm currently reading Winged Victory by Victor Yeates and my copy of Gunning for the Red Baron arrived this morning.

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
"Savage" The Robbie Savage autobiography. :smile:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
All this talk of BUILD A BONFIRE on here recently - I have just read it again.
The whole book in just a couple of days.
Some bits still bring a lump to my throat, like Fans United and Hereford.
If you haven't got a copy, get the reprint - out soon.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Peter Ward's biography - bringing back a lot of happy memories.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
"Clash Of Kings", the 2nd book in the series "A Song Of Ice And Fire" by George R. R. Martin (the series on which the TV show Game Of Thrones is based).

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Dissolution by CJ Sansom - early doors but think it could be a cracker.

Whole series is brilliant.

I'm reading "To The River" by Olivia Laing. She described her walk along the length of the river Ouse in ten days following her break-up with her partner. Lovely prose (almost poetry really) and a very engaging read. SHe's also a naturalist, so she describes the flowers and the other flora in beutiful detail. Completely in love with this book and would highly recommend it. Coincidentally she is a Brighton girl.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Conjectures and Refutations by Karl Popper :smokin:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Currently reading "Soccer Calling" by Alec.E.Witcher who some older members will remember was a Director at Brighton,he also wrote the "The Ace of Games". Inside the book is written the profits from this book will be devoted to the funds of Brighton and Hove Albion.

Extract....Corinthians. Then there were the three cup games with Brighton and Hove Albion in the 1932-33 season,the first drew a 20,000 spectators to the Goldstone,the result being a 1-1 draw.Norman Creek observed that these games were thoroughly enjoyed ny the "Corinth" and were played in the best possible spirit.I saw them all, and what impressed me was that the fouls were conspicuous by there absence!
Tommy Cook scored the all important goal in the third game at Stamford Bridge,and the legality of that goal is still discussed. As a matter of fact,Tommy told me himself that he thought he was off-side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here