Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
The latest Grace novel. Best one I’ve read for ages - half way through and can barely put it down. Not high literature I grant you but a brilliant read.
Sometimes you just need books like that. If I've read anything particularly heavy or a trilogy, then I'll always read a Lee Child or John Grisham afterwards just to refresh the palette for the next one 😁

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The London Embassy - Paul Theroux

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Uses and Abuses - Aldo Busi

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Anatomy of a Soldier by Harry Parker.

Wasn't convinced about this book when it was first leant to me, but with just a couple of chapters remaining I'm really sorry to be finishing it. A fictionalised account of when British army captain Parker stepped on an IED in Afghanistan, the lead up and aftermath, each chapter narrated by the various involved objects (e.g. the bag of fertiliser used to make IEDs, a tourniquet, a prosthetic leg).

Anyone else read it? His dad is General Sir Nick Parker.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Behind The Wall - Colin Thubron

(Looking back through this thread I thought this book was familiar, I read it last August)

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
In Parenthesis - David Jones.

Been looking for this for some time and got it for a fiver at the weekend. A Welsh poet's account of the First World War. Just started it and it looks a fascinating read

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Just finished a book I found outside someone's house .... Bone China by Laura Purcell .... utter escapist readable rubbish ... now on the charity shop pile.
Now re-reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Just finished a book I found outside someone's house .... Bone China by Laura Purcell .... utter escapist readable rubbish ... now on the charity shop pile.
Now re-reading The Road by Cormac McCarthy
RE The Road - probably the grimmest, bleakest book Ive ever read. Very very good...but so traumatising, I refused to go and see the film when it came out. Kudos for going back and rereading!

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Just started Alexandria, the Quest for the Lost City by Edmund Richardson - a biography of a certain Charles Masson, a 19th century explorar, archaeologist & spy, quite brilliant oddball read set in India & Afghanistan

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And Away - Bob Mortimer's autobiography

Naturally funny guy so looking forward to kicking back with a CAPPACHOOCHOO"
Read that a few months back as snuffled out a paperback copy for £2 in a charity shop, trust me you will not be disappointed with this book

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
RE The Road - probably the grimmest, bleakest book Ive ever read. Very very good...but so traumatising, I refused to go and see the film when it came out. Kudos for going back and rereading!
Yeah, I thought the same. It was going on the charity pile, but I decided to give it another go. Strangely enjoying it, mainly 'cos of the good natured boy.
Mind you, can't beat Dickens for bleak

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Chicago Loop - Paul Theroux

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here