Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Oracle Bones - Peter Hessler

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Hills of Adonis - Colin Thubron

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Phantom by Jo Nesbo

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
After reading the quite excellent new Robert Harris book about the escape of two of the regicides who signed charles1 death warrant Act of Oblivion I am back to reading the medieval books by Howard of Warwick … I am on 13 of 20 ish. They are a bit of gentle fluff which are not belly laughs but amusing books featuring King William”s investigator hermitage the monk and watt the weaver ( weaves very dirty tapestries) and Cwen the radical feminist weaver. I recommend them as holiday or bed time reading.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Chasing Che - Patrick Symmes

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The 6.20 Man
David Baldacci
Not as gripping as most of his others.... so far

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Some often lauded sci-fi in Shards of Earth - The Final Architecture trilogy by Adrian Tchaikovsky.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I've got a copy of that but haven't got round to it yet. Let me know what you think.
Half way through. We'll written and brilliant research, but just endless brutality and swept under the carpet. Also discovered what my Grandfather was up to under Wingate in Palestine - nasty business. Apparently when Ireland gained independence we sent the Black and Tans to terrorise the Palestinians, whilst Bomber Harris practiced tactics. Monty was also pitching in to crush the Arab uprising.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The latest Grace novel. Best one I’ve read for ages - half way through and can barely put it down. Not high literature I grant you but a brilliant read.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here