Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What Book are you Currently Reading?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Country Driving (A Chinese Road Trip) - Peter Hessler

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Journey Into Cyprus - Colin Thubron

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Currently reading Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing, by Matthew Perry (of Chandler from Friends fame). I’m not one for reading ‘celebrity’ memoirs, save for the odd football autobiography, but having experienced some of the challenges Perry has faced (albeit on a lesser scale, and without $30m or so to keep me company), I was intrigued by this.

It’s a hard-hitting account for sure, of an absolute car crash of a life and a man very lucky to still be of this mortal coil. There’s no fúckibg about either; as he goes straight in with the story of the time his colon exploded due to years of drink and drug abuse.

Worth a read.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Glamour Boys by Chris Bryant. It's a look at the MPs, many of them openly gay, who were opposed to appeasing Hitler from an early stage.

It may get more interesting later but at the moment it just appears to be about a bunch of posh boys living off trust funds shagging a lot of working class lads.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Running a Hotel on the Roof of the World - Alec Le Sueur

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Second Sleep by Robert Harris
Good book. It took a few pages to twig what was happening. I like Harris's stuff, they're very well written. Looking forward to reading his latest, Act of Oblivion, about tracking down the regicides during the Restoration.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The Telling Room - Michael Paterniti

theboybilly

Norman Hunter's autobiography 'Biting Talk'. No wonder it was reduced from the publisher's price of 18.99 to three quid in The Works. Insanely f***ing DULL.

Don't make me post extracts... :lol:
I have to be honest in that I never believed the hype about Hunter, Bremner & Co. Only Giles was really hard but even he was a cheat. Anti - football and that came from Revie at the top. I'm so glad that for all their time at the very top they actually won very little. And nothing compared to Clough's Forest. Karma

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm Off Then - Hape Kerkeling

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thought I might try this one next :moo:

Attachments

• 51mYvJqO6kL._AC_SY1000_ (1).jpg
    51mYvJqO6kL._AC_SY1000_ (1).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 27

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Currently reading Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing, by Matthew Perry (of Chandler from Friends fame). I’m not one for reading ‘celebrity’ memoirs, save for the odd football autobiography, but having experienced some of the challenges Perry has faced (albeit on a lesser scale, and without $30m or so to keep me company), I was intrigued by this.

It’s a hard-hitting account for sure, of an absolute car crash of a life and a man very lucky to still be of this mortal coil. There’s no fúckibg about either; as he goes straight in with the story of the time his colon exploded due to years of drink and drug abuse.

Worth a read.
Got it reserved at the library (reservation number 9 of 10 so will be a few weeks). Looking forward to it, if that’s the right terminology.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here