Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Chelsea

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
It does concern me somewhat though that the winners of the "European CHAMPIONS League" only finished 6th in teh domestic league are we seriously to believe they are the best side in Europe?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Would always rather an English team won, this time though its wrong that spurs have to miss out after deserving a top four place after 38 games to a team that have got lucky in a few one off games.

The icing on the cake is redknob getting fcukall out of this season

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I wish it would go back to the old format of only league winners in the CHAMPIONS league and the holders so just man city & Chelsea would be playing next year , so many forgone conclusion games in group stages it would make the Europa cup a better competition as well with the likes of Man Utd,Arsenal & Barcelona in it
This,manure and arse are not champions so should not be eligable to play in a competition called the champions league

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
It does concern me somewhat though that the winners of the "European CHAMPIONS League" only finished 6th in teh domestic league are we seriously to believe they are the best side in Europe?

It sometimes happens like that. Nottingham Forest finished 5th, Liverpool finished 5th in 1981, Aston Villa finished 11th in 1982.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
They all knew at the start of the season that finishing 4th doesn't guarantee Champions League qualification so I really don't see whats wrong about it. Chelsea won the Champions League and in doing so have earned the right to defend it next season.

Couldn't agree more. Some Spurs fans have been making out that they are hard done by. They are unlucky, nothing more.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Well it was mainy a light-hearted comment but aren't you a bit embarrassed seeing a Brighton fan wildy celebrating the victory of another team?

What if he was celebrating the fact that Gus won't be going to Stamford Bridge as the new boss any time soon? Would that be more acceptable?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It sometimes happens like that. Nottingham Forest finished 5th, Liverpool finished 5th in 1981, Aston Villa finished 11th in 1982.

But they were Champions the previous season. It was much harder to win the cup under the old format than it is today.

Blue Goon

Sep 2, 2011
How is it a great night for English football when Chavski won without playing any football. This is a team built on a dubious billionaire's dodgy blood money and like Man Shitty winning the premier league sums up all that is wrong with our society and football.

Money rules. It is a kick in the balls for all honest clubs like Bayern Munich which are well run and self substantiated. It will ensure that the clubs with all the money can flout the fair play rules and steal players from everybody else but offering them more money.

Last night was another nail in the coffin for the beautiful game.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
But they were Champions the previous season. It was much harder to win the cup under the old format than it is today.

Purely in terms of numbers, it is easier to get in to the competition nowadays, but there are more teams you have to get past once you're in it. With there being only one club that wins it each season, I wouldn't necessarily say it was easier.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
How is it a great night for English football when Chavski won without playing any football. This is a team built on a dubious billionaire's dodgy blood money and like Man Shitty winning the premier league sums up all that is wrong with our society and football.

Money rules. It is a kick in the balls for all honest clubs like Bayern Munich which are well run and self substantiated. It will ensure that the clubs with all the money can flout the fair play rules and steal players from everybody else but offering them more money.

Last night was another nail in the coffin for the beautiful game.

Was Drogba's goal not football? Defending for your life is as much 'football' as doing fancy stepovers with the ball.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Was Drogba's goal not football? Defending for your life is as much 'football' as doing fancy stepovers with the ball.

Totally. Chelsea accepted they weren't the better team and executed a plan that many teams would struggle to emulate & show the required discipline.

Made me think of Dope on a Rope, Ali knew he couldn't out box Foreman at that time, and executed a plan to win. It wasn't pretty but it remains one of the most famous sporting moments in history.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Fantastic result - English club wins, Tottenham kept out of Champions League - what's not to like?

Had Schweinsteiger's penalty (that hit the post) deflected in off Cech's back - would it have counted?

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Happy days for me. Albion finishing top half, Chelsea Champions of Europe and Spuds back to playing Thursday night. For those moaning about Chelsea finishing 6th and winning the thing, hand on heart, tell me you would be as pissed off if Albion were in the exact same situation? No, I thought not.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here