[Misc] veterans / football lads to march on sunday 12 nov

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It says clearly the veterans have asked for their help
The wording is the vets.

Veterans will be on Horseguards and then go through Admiralty Arch onto Whitehall. The ‘football lads’ won’t be allowed anywhere near the veterans.

i can’t believe you believe such nonsense, honestly!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Seems as though they realise the confusion….Saturday appears to be ‘kicking off’ day

View attachment 169391
Should that read 'There will now be meets on both days' as well as 'Oh shit, some us will be at the football on Saturday...' ?

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing
Its a rabble raised by Tommy Robinson's demand that people 'ProTeCt ThE CenOtApH!'

They are going to be very disappointed when they march about and don't encounter any Muslim types at all - the Pro-Palestine march being as it is on the Saturday (and not on Remembrance Day, as the right wing papers are nefariously implying).
Saturday is Armistice Day, Sunday is remembrance Sunday. Both are significant to many.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
The wording is the vets.

Veterans will be on Horseguards and then go through Admiralty Arch onto Whitehall. The ‘football lads’ won’t be allowed anywhere near the veterans.

i can’t believe you believe such nonsense, honestly!
I apologise, was being sarcastic

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Saturday is Armistice Day, Sunday is remembrance Sunday. Both are significant to many.
We know. But the fact that some are saying that Armistice Day has some kind of holy significance and saying the march should not go ahead, whilst having no problem with the Lord Mayor's Show, sporting events and all sorts of other stuff suggests there is more at play here.

If this was, say, a march against the ban on fox hunting, would the Home Secretary be screaming for an (unhelpful) policeman ?

Take a closer look buddy.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing
We know. But the fact that some are saying that Armistice Day has some kind of holy significance and saying the march should not go ahead, whilst having no problem with the Lord Mayor's Show, sporting events and all sorts of other stuff suggests there is more at play here.

If this was, say, a march against the ban on fox hunting, would the Home Secretary be screaming for an (unhelpful) policeman ?

Take a closer look buddy.
Jeez, I was merely pointing out that your post seemed to imply that Saturday is an ' ordinary day', making no reference to Armistice Day.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Seems as though they realise the confusion….Saturday appears to be ‘kicking off’ day

View attachment 169391
So, basically, they are just ensuring that they can go and beat some people up on Saturday – the 'day of action'? And, thanks to politicians, RW media and goodness knows who else, they'll be seen as the 'good guys' for doing so.

Twats.

I'm going up Saturday to pay my respects at The Cenotaph and meeting a few other Forces Veterans as well.
Looks like we are all far right wing football hooligans if you believe the media.
Brilliant, I am going to services on both days, always very moving and poignant.

I am not however, calling people who attend services and those at the Cenotaph far right nut jobs. The far right nut jobs however, are wanting to counter the Palestinian protest, and protect statues from said protest when the protest isn’t going near, It is just a smoke screen for them to shout their grim views and be thugs.

Fwiw I am REALLY uncomfortable with the Palestinian protest due to it’s choice of day, but at the same time respect if it wasn’t for the fallen, we wouldn’t be able to peacefully protest and have these freedoms and those in that protest wouldn’t be able to protest in the first place.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
From their (Democratic Football Lads Alliance) facebook page……

View attachment 169390
Presentation2.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So the issue seems to be with the idea that a few members of a larger collective could cause trouble in London on a Saturday? Sounds like most Millwall matches TBH.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports