Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Valentín Barco **Signed 20/01/24**

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
Down to wages then and if he wants to actually play or just pick up a larger pay packet and not play.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Joins us his agent will get 2 paydays, when he signs and when he leaves!
This.

And the club gets two paydays also. They only need to look at Independiente del Valle who are now building the Caicedo football academy out of pure South American gold.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sign for Man City now... agent gets their cut of the release fee.

Sign for us... agent gets this same amount and a shot at their cut of a mega fee...

:shrug:
I wonder if the club could give us exclusivity on release fee in exchange for a sell-on?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sign for Man City now... agent gets their cut of the release fee.

Sign for us... agent gets this same amount and a shot at their cut of a mega fee...

:shrug:
The agent would also take their cut of his player's monthly pay packet...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I’d like to think the Mac Allister family will be pointing the lad in the right direction!

canlison

Jan 28, 2022
If it’s a release clause then surely a sell on is irrelevant? We’re paying effectively to cancel his current contract, anything subsequent to that is not Boca’s business.
Reporters in Argentina have said that he doesn't want to leave by release clause because of that

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
There was an interview with Max Allister after the World Cup where he was asked who Brighton should sign and he mentioned a young lad from Argentina. I don't know if it is this one or not because I can't find the link.
It was his Boca teammate Ezequiel Fernandez that Alexis said we should sign.

Juventus were heavily linked with Barco in April.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Tim Vickery on TalkSport described him as a talent.

Club want to keep him due to their South American Champions League commitments.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
When we bought Alexis didn’t we loan him back to his Argentinian club until the end of the calendar year?
Shouldn’t be an issue with this guy if it means that he comes.
I expect we are lining him up as our Pervis replacement and so better that he plays in Argentina regularly rather than paying for our u23s whilst Pervis is still here.
Integrate him in the second half of this season, ready for appearances next season.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
When we bought Alexis didn’t we loan him back to his Argentinian club until the end of the calendar year?
Shouldn’t be an issue with this guy if it means that he comes.
I expect we are lining him up as our Pervis replacement and so better that he plays in Argentina regularly rather than paying for our u23s whilst Pervis is still here.
Integrate him in the second half of this season, ready for appearances next season.
That’s how I remember it and yes, I agree. Only 4 months difference and if he’s as much of a talent as he looks (reminds me of a young Bale looking at the videos) well worth it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here