Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just watched Baroness Warsi on the news in 'Tory peer speaks sense again shocker'

Tories see Muslims as ‘fair game’ says Baroness Warsi​

Baroness Warsi said the Tories’ response to comments by Lee Anderson showed that “anti-Muslim racism is tolerated” by the party.
She criticised as “mealy mouthed” deputy prime minister Oliver Dowden’s defence of the party’s handling of the incident.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tory-mp-lee-anderson-islamist-comments-resign-labour-sgddwrgtt

It's actually refreshing to see that somewhere behind this ruling cabal, there are actually a few sensible conservatives, even if they are all from another generation of conservatism completely ???

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Just watched Baroness Warsi on the news in 'Tory peer speaks sense again shocker'

Baroness Warsi said the Tories’ response to comments by Lee Anderson showed that “anti-Muslim racism is tolerated” by the party.
She criticised as “mealy mouthed” deputy prime minister Oliver Dowden’s defence of the party’s handling of the incident.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/tory-mp-lee-anderson-islamist-comments-resign-labour-sgddwrgtt

It's actually refreshing to see that somewhere behind this ruling cabal, there are actually a few sensible conservatives, even if they are all from another generation of conservatism completely ???
Sensible *on this subject*

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sensible *on this subject*

She is a member of the Conservative party so I would be surprised if her views matched yours on lots of things, but I believe she speaks a lot of sense (as do some honest politicians from all sides of the spectrum).

To make it absolutely clear, it's this current cabal who have taken over the Conservative party that I completely agree with @The Clamp, should be ploughed into a ditch :thumbsup:

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
This is good no?

I fail to see any downside to trying to clean up AI use.

Plenty to dig out the government on, getting this sorted isn't one
Definitely.

Call me cynical but there's no universe in which they don't try and claim some sort of AI influence over a GE they just lost.

But as you say - it's a dangerous emerging technology that needs controls

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Definitely.

Call me cynical but there's no universe in which they don't try and claim some sort of AI influence over a GE they just lost.

But as you say - it's a dangerous emerging technology that needs controls
To be honest, we have the previous x amount of years being told the election here, USA and Brexit was fiddled by Russians.
Just a new thing to blame for a defeat

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

As I suspect you're well aware, she's been banging this particular drum for about a decade now. Because Islamophobia in the Conservative Party, and in wider UK society is alive and well. And yet we hear so little about it. It's hiding in plain sight, while all the noise is generated elsewhere.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Grassroots Conservative supporters have called Rishi Sunak a “snake” over Lee Anderson’s suspension as MPs on the Tory right said he should be given a route back in.

In leaked WhatsApp messages obtained by the Guardian, members of the Conservative Democratic Organisation (CDO), which was founded by disgruntled Tories after Boris Johnson and then Liz Truss were ousted, attacked the prime minister for kicking Anderson out of the parliamentary party.

Several of the activists endorsed Anderson’s comments and some went further in decrying “the threat of Islam”.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Grassroots Conservative supporters have called Rishi Sunak a “snake” over Lee Anderson’s suspension as MPs on the Tory right said he should be given a route back in.

In leaked WhatsApp messages obtained by the Guardian, members of the Conservative Democratic Organisation (CDO), which was founded by disgruntled Tories after Boris Johnson and then Liz Truss were ousted, attacked the prime minister for kicking Anderson out of the parliamentary party.

Several of the activists endorsed Anderson’s comments and some went further in decrying “the threat of Islam”.
The lunatics have taken over the asylum, burnt it down, pissed on the embers and then blamed the Muslamic Fundamentalismists for the fire.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The lunatics have taken over the asylum, burnt it down, pissed on the embers and then blamed the Muslamic Fundamentalismists for the fire.

It's really a measure of where the party has gone.

Without stereotyping Muslims (that's clearly now the job of the Conservatives) you'd have thought a small c conservative religious community with a strong sense of the family would naturally find their home with the party.

Not that I'm a Royalist (read previous posts) but if they took a bit more of a Prince Charles approach they'd have the whole thing wrapped up.

Morons.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sunak may be a follower but on this occasion he has followed the right path.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's really a measure of where the party has gone.

Without stereotyping Muslims (that's clearly now the job of the Conservatives) you'd have thought a small c conservative religious community with a strong sense of the family would naturally find their home with the party.

Not that I'm a Royalist (read previous posts) but if they took a bit more of a Prince Charles approach they'd have the whole thing wrapped up.

Morons.
The defender of all faiths?

I'm not sure they need defending.

Protected by law to prattle on, providing they don't defame other faiths. Tick.

Required to pay taxes. They ain't charities. They are businesses. Tick.

And kept out of decision making. f*** off out of the House of Lords. You have no right in there. Tick.

Defended.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
i'm surprised the Resolution Foundation knows the budget ahead of time. that said, what do we want then: spending cuts, more taxes increases, more borrowing?
Send a few refugees to Rwanda - that should solve the issue

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Jeremy Hunt’s financial planning is “dubious” and “lacks credibility” and the chancellor should not announce tax cuts in next week’s budget if he cannot lay out how he will fund them, an economic thinktank has said.

The Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS) calculates that Hunt would need to find £35bn of cuts from already threadbare public services if he plans to use a Whitehall spending freeze to pay for pre-election giveaways.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Tobias Elwood on Peston last night said that Lee Anderson is explicitly racist, while the Transport Secretary Mark Harper just persisted in saying he was “wrong”.
it seems clear that the word from Conservative Central Office is that he was “wrong” rather than racist. Pathetic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Air Rwanda?
I must say I do smirk whenever I see the Arse playing at home on the telly.

Visit Rwanda.

Come and see how your terrorists are doing.

Mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here