Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Utter corruption

Getting passed on Monday.

And people can't work out why someone with such obscene family death wants to be PM.
And people ask that if Labour don't publish, today, a plethora of policies in a manifesto that will instantly, clearly and indisputably reverse the national decline caused by the tories, then why vote for them?

As if this justifies allowing a bunch of venal ****s to carry on gorging on public resources, redirecting public money into their own bank accounts. Even voting for it. Sake. :shrug:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Utter corruption

Getting passed on Monday.

And people can't work out why someone with such obscene family death wants to be PM.

The NHS, Education, Judiciary, housing and all aspects of British Infrastructure falling apart after years of Austerity, Brexit exposed by the stark reality, Covid inquiry Procurement module coming up, even the most frighteningly naive starting to wonder what they've done to themselves. We're literally down to months left.

Desperately fill your pockets while you can, it really can't be a surprise can it ? :shrug:

Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Resigned as a Conservative MP.

download.png

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Keegan’s experience in the IT sector includes holding senior leadership roles at the Royal Mail Group/Post Office Ltd,"
Seems he had a very important crossover role The Tories have kept this quiet . Surely he must have something relevant to say

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill

Keegan’s experience in the IT sector includes holding senior leadership roles at the Royal Mail Group/Post Office Ltd,"
Seems he had a very important crossover role The Tories have kept this quiet . Surely he must have something relevant to say
I'm sure he will

abc

Jan 6, 2007
And people ask that if Labour don't publish, today, a plethora of policies in a manifesto that will instantly, clearly and indisputably reverse the national decline caused by the tories, then why vote for them?

As if this justifies allowing a bunch of venal ****s to carry on gorging on public resources, redirecting public money into their own bank accounts. Even voting for it. Sake. :shrug:
Personally, I want Labour to publish because I want to be inspired to vote Labour by well thought out policies that will make a real difference. I will vote for them regardless in order to have a government that (hopefully) will not be corrupt, dishonest and completely devoid of ability. So they have my vote, but I do not believe they have a clue as to what they are going to do to make a difference, apart from integrity. As I have said before, that is enough , but then if they wont admit to not having workable policy then they are not being honest even before they become a government.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Personally, I want Labour to publish because I want to be inspired to vote Labour by well thought out policies that will make a real difference. I will vote for them regardless in order to have a government that (hopefully) will not be corrupt, dishonest and completely devoid of ability. So they have my vote, but I do not believe they have a clue as to what they are going to do to make a difference, apart from integrity. As I have said before, that is enough , but then if they wont admit to not having workable policy then they are not being honest even before they become a government.
I'm not sure that they won't admit to not having a workable policy. I would imagine they think they do have a workable policy. But policy is very different from strategy, tactics and plan. A lot of that will need months to roll out. It's a bit like football management. Birmingham changed their policy when they brought in Rooney. Get rid of the anonymous plodder and replace him with England's second greatest goal scorer. There was no thought to strategy tactics or plan. Brighton didn't change policy when we brought in RDZ. Another bright young manager untested in UK football, who had achieved above expectation with unfashionable clubs. Our strategy didn't change a great deal either (in terms of spending on players - albeit it may have done so and we don't know about it because it is secret) but our tactics did. A different way of playing, and a different type of man management and training. I see good politics being like how Brighton is run. And that does not mean explaining in advance how every team selection over the next 5 years will achieve a win, or having to apologize and resign whenever we lose. And we put our trust in Bloom without his explaining the strategy tactics or plan. For the moment I'm content to cut Starmer some of the slack I cut Dick Knight when he took over from Archer. Whether the country is a f***ed as we were when we lost the Goldstone is a matter that only history will be able to determine.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
During some of the Horizon/Post Office shenanigans, guess who was CEO of Fujitsu.

Why, it was Secretary of State for Education, Gillian Keegan’s husband Michael Keegan.
Moved across from the Post Office 🤣🤣
I'm not sure that they won't admit to not having a workable policy. I would imagine they think they do have a workable policy. But policy is very different from strategy, tactics and plan. A lot of that will need months to roll out. It's a bit like football management. Birmingham changed their policy when they brought in Rooney. Get rid of the anonymous plodder and replace him with England's second greatest goal scorer. There was no thought to strategy tactics or plan. Brighton didn't change policy when we brought in RDZ. Another bright young manager untested in UK football, who had achieved above expectation with unfashionable clubs. Our strategy didn't change a great deal either (in terms of spending on players - albeit it may have done so and we don't know about it because it is secret) but our tactics did. A different way of playing, and a different type of man management and training. I see good politics being like how Brighton is run. And that does not mean explaining in advance how every team selection over the next 5 years will achieve a win, or having to apologize and resign whenever we lose. And we put our trust in Bloom without his explaining the strategy tactics or plan. For the moment I'm content to cut Starmer some of the slack I cut Dick Knight when he took over from Archer. Whether the country is a f***ed as we were when we lost the Goldstone is a matter that only history will be able to determine.
I worry that this country is in worse state than the Albion under Archer
At least under Dick Knight there was hope of some sort of recovery with the full support of everyone behind him.
Despite everything that has happened and how bad it has become, Starmer will not get full support as he tries to turn around a generational downward shift in our fortunes.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Moved across from the Post Office 🤣🤣

I worry that this country is in worse state than the Albion under Archer
At least under Dick Knight there was hope of some sort of recovery with the full support of everyone behind him.
Despite everything that has happened and how bad it has become, Starmer will not get full support as he tries to turn around a generational downward shift in our fortunes.
Well....I was going to tweak my post in that direction, but decided to be less hyperbolic. We don't yet have to rent part of Belgium and move the population there for two years while we find an uninhabited island to build a new society :wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A 34-year-old Spanish woman was forcibly removed from the UK after returning from a Christmas holiday near Málaga despite presenting Brexit paperwork to border officials showing she has a right to live and work in the country.

She was flown back to Spain after being detained overnight in Luton airport on 26 December and told she was “wasting her time” if she thought the Home Office documentation she had showing her right to live in the UK was valid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here