Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The right wing smear campaign on Starmer (and as a result, defence lawyers) is going to cost a lot of money.

In essence, the Mail and others must convince the uneducated majority that Starmer and by proxy, defence lawyers, are inherently evil and corrupt and have no issue with the crimes of the defendants they are representing. It’s part of the whole ‘lefty lawyer’ campaign and is high risk indeed.

Meanwhile, a lot of that money could also be used to fund the super injunction protecting the identity of Boris Johnson’s half sister who was given a seat in the lords by him.

Well it worked perfectly last time :shootself

Daily_Mail_enemies-20180608092712253-20180608020933551.jpg

Who's to say they won't 'convince' the same people all over again :dunce:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Non story. Just a twat making an unfunny private joke with his wife and friends.
To an extent, yes. But this is the Home Secretary. One of his main roles is law and order and keeping people safe - including women. It's in the 'private' moments when people's real character comes out. He thinks that mild (and illegal) use of a date rate drug is 'funny'. That doesn't make him, in my eyes, the best person qualified to be Home Secretary.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Non story. Just a twat making an unfunny private joke with his wife and friends.
He’s Home Secretary … he doesn’t have a private life and that goes way beyond ‘an unfunny private joke’. This lot need to remember that they are public servants paid by the tax payer to do our bidding.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
To an extent, yes. But this is the Home Secretary. One of his main roles is law and order and keeping people safe - including women. It's in the 'private' moments when people's real character comes out. He thinks that mild (and illegal) use of a date rate drug is 'funny'. That doesn't make him, in my eyes, the best person qualified to be Home Secretary.
It's not even a private joke though. It was at a Downing Street reception

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Indeed. A ‘work do’.

Told to a group of women apparently.

I’d get sacked for the same.
I'd struggle to keep my job as well. He effectively said it to clients.

I've been watching him for a few years, because I thought he was a borderline under the covers leadership candidate.

But there is something about him, the way he conducts himself on social media. A nasty vindictive side that sometimes comes out.

Appears to treat politics like competitive business, but that of a nasty photocopy salesman.

I come to the conclusion he's just a bit of a twat who is completely out of his depth, the sort of person you would learn to avoid at a Christmas party.

For Partridge fans, he's basically Gareth Cheeseman.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Everyone is so desperate to be offended these days. A stupid non story about a stupid non joke
At a Downing Street reception, the Home Secretary joking about a rape drug being used on his wife.

Let me tell you what has changed, because you clearly have a very short memory.

Before you'd even heard the word "woke", before you'd even heard the phrase "political correctness" as a senior politician he'd be gone.

In 1970 Kenny Everett was by sacked the BBC for making an innocuous joke about the transport ministers wife's driving test.

These days they get away with anything, happily backed by your belief that they can't they say anything.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Everyone is so desperate to be offended these days. A stupid non story about a stupid non joke
If it's illegal, it's illegal - and so the Home Secretary, who is in charge of law and order, should not be saying 'it's okay to break the law so long as you only do it a bit'. That way lies anarchy.

Is stabbing someone okay, if it was just a 'little bit'?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed. A ‘work do’.

Told to a group of women apparently.

I’d get sacked for the same.
Me too.

Happy Christmas, though, if you're still reading :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At a Downing Street reception, the Home Secretary joking about a rape drug being used on his wife.

Let me tell you what has changed, because you clearly have a very short memory.

Before you even heard the word "woke", before you even heard the phrase "political correctness" as a senior politician he'd be gone.

In 1970 Kenny Everett was by sacked the BBC for making an innocuous joke about the transport ministers wife's driving test.

These days they get away with anything, happily backed by your belief that they can't they say anything.
Roll on next year when they will be ploughed into the metaphorical ditch by the electorate. Shame we have to think about such filth on Christmas eve. Just a scroll though while between jollity A and jollity B, though. Have a lovely Christmas, CG. I salute your fortitude punk::bigwave:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course, joking about drugging a woman and rape is hilarious, especially from the man in charge of the police forces, courts and the criminal justice system, whilst in his place of work.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Why shouldn't you be allowed to tell jokes about sedating women with rape drugs when you hold a senior position in the U.K. government?

It's all about context.

I'm sure that following legislation being passed to tighten laws regarding prosecution for rape drugs was the perfect time to drop a zinger rape drug joke and was entirely appropriate to get some light hearted giggles.

I think it's the duty of the Home Secretary to make light or these matters and can't wait to hear his upcoming routine about spousal abuse ... I only wish I could be there to see it live.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
An Italian environmental technology investor who has lived in the UK for 14 years has discovered she could be removed despite getting a “permanent residency” card after Brexit.

She is one of potentially tens of thousands of EU citizens who were unaware the Home Office changed the rules in 2019 requiring them to apply for a different scheme, called EU settlement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here