Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well, I am hoping that Wes Streeting has a go at sorting out the NHS. He is certainly making the right noises.
Fingers crossed. A great deal of ward availability officers, outsourcing tendering management planners, appointment recording software updaters, chief executives, assistant chief executives, principal PAs to the assistant chief executives, and equality and diversity sanitation recruitment officers may, alas find they are fearing for their futures.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Michelle Mone admits that she 'stands to benefit' from the PPE £60m. Even her admission of lying is deceitful ffs.
No surprise at all.

Blinded by intense and overwhelming greed, the VIP fast lane obviously landed her husband (and her when he passes) millions of pounds and she has lied about it ever since the deal was struck.

A wonderful example of the type of person a Tory government benefits the most.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So does everyone accused of crime get a slot on the BBC to defend themselves, now?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Michelle Mone admits that she 'stands to benefit' from the PPE £60m. Even her admission of lying is deceitful ffs.

The Covid inquiry has already heard how there was a 'narcissistic orgy' at no 10 while they were supposed to be trying to protect the nation, and how there was no leadership or planning as we careered from one poor decision to the next.

However, I've thought all along that it will really kick off when it gets to the Procurement module covering the Fast Track Program and Track and Trace, as this can't be passed off as total incompetence :mad:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Respectfully I disagree. Remember that in trying to get elected, Labour have to appeal to the swing voter, not the committed Labour voter.

One of the big turnoffs for Conservative voters regarding Labour is that Labour activists frequently seem angry, shouty and rude. That actually plays a bigger part in where people choose to put their ‘X’ than many appreciate.

Shouting “Tory c**ts” and constant criticism plays brilliantly with Wolfie Smith and his chums, but understandably puts off plenty of decent people who prefer their politics conducted in measured tones.

The Conservatives have performed many underhand acts during their time in power, but they have been able to bring decent people along with them because they’ve spoken well, smiled at the right times and effectively seemed “our kind of people.” A lesson that Labour have been slow to learn.

Constant criticism of the Conservative Party assists those who want to paint Labour as a party that complains that everything’s wrong but has no idea what to do about it.

The correct course of action for Labour is: Wait for the election campaign, have solid costed plans of their own, and point to the incumbent government’s record over the last thirteen years. The rest is just noise and activists point scoring on Twitter like that has any meaning.
I'd say most Tory MPS seem "angry, shouty and rude". Why doesn't this turn off the decent people?

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I'd say most Tory MPS seem "angry, shouty and rude". Why doesn't this turn off the decent people?
That’s more the current crop than Conservatives past, and I’m of the opinion that it will be a contributory factor in a drop in their vote come election time.

We’ll never know for certain, but among the older people I speak to there seems to be an element of horror from a sizeable proportion as to the direction the Conservative Party has chosen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

When asked in an interview about all her lying she tetchily said something along the lines of 'well, that's why I'm speaking to you now', as if deigning to give an interview about her lying makes it all perfectly acceptable. Bizarre entitled (in both senses) bat. Isn't she one of Johnson's cast offs, too?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some people seem to applaud those who 'tell it like it is' and 'call a spade a spade'. Or shout at spades. Or something. I agree, very weird.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
When asked in an interview about all her lying she tetchily said something along the lines of 'well, that's why I'm speaking to you now', as if deigning to give an interview about her lying makes it all perfectly acceptable. Bizarre entitled (in both senses) bat. Isn't she one of Johnson's cast offs, too?
She also implied that it was okay to lie to the press because 'it's not a crime'.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Knocked on the door this afternoon, asking me to fill in a questionnaire about my "concerns" locally.

I have none. They lost control of the council round here but still appear to be in shock as the "natural party of power".

Tried to engage about their recent leaflets spouting nonsense, but their quickly changed the subject onto "low traffic neighbourhoods".

They are desperate and so they should be. They live in a world locally where everyone has the right to a 4x4 but at the same time no traffic on their road.

I gave up, gave the questionnaire back and shut the door. I was looked at like a piece of shit, no matter, they won't be round here again.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Utter scumbag, yet another reason the Tories are going to a proper shoeing at the next GE, lets hope there is some way of getting her ill gotten money back?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Utter scumbag, yet another reason the Tories are going to a proper shoeing at the next GE, lets hope there is some way of getting her ill gotten money back?
May well turn out she hasn't broken a law. It's the culture that needs remembering at the ballot box.

Quite happy to make a 60m pound profit out of a national crisis, as a Conservative member of the House of Lords.

The interview was quite remarkable. When it was announced the BBC got quite a bit of flack for "platforming" them, but as it turned out it was pure Prince Andrew again.

But yes, the Tories are going to get one hell of a kicking. They are so desperate press reports suggest they are going full in attacking Starmer not so much on his policies, but his time as a human rights lawyer.

But that was his job. You may as well go after doctors who have saved the life of dubious individuals.

Desperate.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here