Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
The most recent figures I can find is Dec 2022 for Doncaster Royal Infirmary.

Patients waited an average of five hours and 32 minutes to be either admitted to an inpatient ward, transferred elsewhere or discharged from hospital.

Meanwhile, the shortest waits were between 9am and 10am on Thursdays, when patients waited an average of two hours and 29 minutes.

I went to Doncaster for a weekend at the end of August, for a friend's Diamond Wedding anniversary. We had a river trip on the Don. He is talking out of the back of his neck.
He is the first Tory to be elected to this area, with a small 3K majority. I suspect he will be out of work at the next election.
Well I'm very pleased that taxpayers are going to continue paying his wages for a couple of months. It would also be very distressing to hear that he might have to claim Universal Credit & wait 5 weeks for any money. I'm also very happy that taxpayers will help find him a job because if he had to receive UC he'd be at risk of being sanctioned. :rolleyes:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Why? Because people have very, very short memories. Labour need to be highlighting the Tory’s criminality and corruption in a sustained and continuous fashion.
and because they have short memories, there’s no harm at all saving the battering for the short sprint to the finish line of a General Election campaign.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
GAdgGambQAA6Gfe.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was going to put this on the 'what should the incoming Labour government do' thread, but I'll put it here.

I just heard someone on the radio, sounded like a chief executive of a hospital, defending the current waiting list and A&E carnage on the grounds that 'there is always high demand at this time of year' and 'there is nothing unusual about this and of course we are all working to provide the highest standards of service' etc etc.

The tories have appointed as chief executives, or whatever they are called, of hospitals, people who are essentially spokespersons for the government. These are people who are 'realist's and will work within budgets available. Like in my uni where the leaders decided to save money by sacking 250 lecturers 5 years ago rather than cut their own bureaucratic architecture. To be appointed to these leadership roles you need to be a nodding-dog bureaucrat. NOT someone there to fight to ensure the hospital, the NHS works better. It is all about doing their best with available resources. It is NOT about looking at the piece and working with others to create a plan to identify the problems and solve them.

As others have said on this topic we need root and branch reform. That will have to start at the top and these nodding dogs, wordsmiths, smooth talkers, these people with a degree in 'empathy' from the university of north west England (formerly Wigan technical college), these people need to be sacked and replaced by problem solvers. I hope Labour realize this. I fear they may not. Smooth talkers are seductively persuasive, after all.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that there's going to be some major money shuffling over the Xmas/New Year period ?...
No insider information but logic tells me that hedge funds are in for a golden moment if they can Roger an economy over a holiday period..

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I was going to put this on the 'what should the incoming Labour government do' thread, but I'll put it here.

I just heard someone on the radio, sounded like a chief executive of a hospital, defending the current waiting list and A&E carnage on the grounds that 'there is always high demand at this time of year' and 'there is nothing unusual about this and of course we are all working to provide the highest standards of service' etc etc.

The tories have appointed as chief executives, or whatever they are called, of hospitals, people who are essentially spokespersons for the government. These are people who are 'realist's and will work within budgets available. Like in my uni where the leaders decided to save money by sacking 250 lecturers 5 years ago rather than cut their own bureaucratic architecture. To be appointed to these leadership roles you need to be a nodding-dog bureaucrat. NOT someone there to fight to ensure the hospital, the NHS works better. It is all about doing their best with available resources. It is NOT about looking at the piece and working with others to create a plan to identify the problems and solve them.

As others have said on this topic we need root and branch reform. That will have to start at the top and these nodding dogs, wordsmiths, smooth talkers, these people with a degree in 'empathy' from the university of north west England (formerly Wigan technical college), these people need to be sacked and replaced by problem solvers. I hope Labour realize this. I fear they may not. Smooth talkers are seductively persuasive, after all.
Well, I am hoping that Wes Streeting has a go at sorting out the NHS. He is certainly making the right noises.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here