Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
But…but…but…they have a piece of paper which says it definitely, definitely is safe! And no British politician who returns from abroad with a piece of paper and a commitment to something has ever been proven wrong before.

View attachment 171095
Sir Starmer has the whole thing covered, next year can't come quickly enough.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Mark François (the uber kynt) has the Government over his knee again.

I almost want the Government to succeed in fighting this horrid turd off along with his Gammony Thickets, but hey, the Tories believe that gaslighting the nation on stopping the boats of the 30k of the 700k net immigrants will be popular. They will find out next year that this will be the last of their existential mistakes.

So I hope François and his idiots give Sunak a bloody nose. A shambles of a Government but next time the Country will not vote in someone to ‘get it done’. They’ll vote in someone to get the Tories done…….the kynts.

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013

Parliament’s joint committee on human rights, which is cross-party and chaired by Labour’s Harriet Harman, has published its own briefing on the human rights concerns raised by the Rwanda bill.

The bill would require all domestic courts to accept that Rwanda is safe and not to consider any review or appeal brought on the grounds that it is not – even if there is compelling evidence in support. This raises difficult constitutional questions about the separation of powers and the rule of law. It would prevent the courts considering arguable claims that removal to Rwanda is unsafe, which would expose individuals to a risk of their fundamental rights not to be subjected to inhuman and degrading treatment being violated, and is inconsistent with the right to an effective remedy guaranteed under article 13 ECHR [European convention on human rights]"

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
If Sunak does lose the vote the bill is dead. He can’t ask parliament to consider the same bill twice in the same session, and with an election expected next year Sunak is out of time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If Sunak does lose the vote the bill is dead. He can’t ask parliament to consider the same bill twice in the same session, and with an election expected next year Sunak is out of time.
for this reason it probably goes through this stage. i cant see ever making the whole way though, as hinted in previous post, it would cause too many precedents for the legal system. its unfanthomable a law can state catagorically a country is safe in perpetuity. (does it or is this just what gets reported?)

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
A trade union is considering legal action to halt the government’s latest Rwanda deportation plan as leaked Home Office documents show asylum seekers could delay removals for a year by pursuing their own individual claims.

The Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS), which represents Border Force guards among other civil servants, said it planned to challenge Rishi Sunak’s safety of Rwanda bill, if it passes into law, on the grounds it is unconstitutional.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Sir Starmer has the whole thing covered, next year can't come quickly enough.
Given the context of your previous political comments, I speculate that is another example of your poor skill in the use of irony. Please feel free to endorse with a thumbs up or make out an alternative case if you are willing and able...

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
This has been a particularly toxic and terrible manifestation of tory political governance but I am sure the more balanced Conservative MPs will also suffer at the next election because the ineptitude and mendacity of the last 13 years...

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
A Survation poll in The Times last month had this for Faversham and Mid Kent:

Faversham and Mid Kent
Winner: Con
Vote share by party

Con 41.4%
Lab 35.8%
Lib Dem 10.9%
Green 4.3%
SNP 0%
Plaid 0%

Tory hold due to the vote being split. Some amazing Tory losses elsewhere though if true.
And even places like Faversham can go if Lab, Lib and Gren give each other a nod and a wink in some seats. We've seen it in by elections.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This has been a particularly toxic and terrible manifestation of tory political governance but I am sure the more balanced Conservative MPs will also suffer at the next election because the ineptitude and mendacity of the last 13 years...
Did you have any in mind?

So many were booted out at the time of passing the brexit bill. I'm not sure who is left which is recognisable as one of the tories of old

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In due course we will learn about the circumstances of the death and at that time we can make an assessment of whether you are right or not.
Ok, I am very angry and very sad, but the fact remains, the asylum seeker died in a place where he shouldn't have been in the first place.
Local fire services and health officials warned the government, the barge wasn't safe.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Ok, I am very angry and very sad, but the fact remains, the asylum seeker died in a place where he shouldn't have been in the first place.
Local fire services and health officials warned the government, the barge wasn't safe.
I understand your anger

I hope all these people are removed from the barge and placed somewhere more secure, probably a hotel, while an independent investigation into the circumstances and safety of the barge are very quickly conducted. Any sensible government should commit itself to following the findings of this investigation.

What's making me angry is the realisation there are some on the fringes and in various chat rooms who will have greeted this news with the comment .... "good"

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Please take a few minutes to scroll through and reflect. The lucky ones are those who have a name. Most of them don't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here