Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Absolutely no comment on the actual substance of the post then, how many minutes through did you get :wink:

It's a simple observation, highlighting factual information at odds with what the current cabal are telling you. I'm not trying to change anybody's mind about them, and certainly wouldn't try to change yours, I know my limits :lolol: So, consequently, there is no measure of 'success' for me in anything I post relating to them.

I thought I made it quite clear when you voted for Johnson and co to become the UKs Government, that I was stepping back to the role of bemused bystander :thumbsup:

I’ve got him on ignore, but I can imagine. :facepalm:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I was listening to Radio 5 yesterday and there was an excellent interview with Dr S Chelvan, Head of Immigration and Public Law, who very succinctly explains why the Rwanda plan cannot ever work no matter what laws this current cabal invent or change.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m001t26d

From 50 mins to 60 mins, it explains how this current cabal are still lying everytime they mention flying 'illegal immigrants' to Rwanda and how it's a simple last ditch attempt to keep votes at the next election, but can never work.

I do appreciate that I am asking a lot, for those who back the Rwanda plan to concentrate for 10 minutes, so they can go from 54 -59 minutes and still get the gist :wink:
His advice is "draw a line under it and move on", the treaty will fail....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
His advice is "draw a line under it and move on", the treaty will fail....

Of course it's going to fail. I'm dying for a Rwanda fan to tell us how it's going to actually work ?

But to be fair, 7 years on, i'm still waiting for a Brexit fan to tell us how the Northern Ireland border is actually going to work :laugh:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Of course it's going to fail. I'm dying for a Rwanda fan to tell us how it's going to actually work ?

But to be fair, 7 years on, i'm still waiting for a Brexit fan to tell us how the Northern Ireland border is actually going to work :laugh:
Wokewarrior or whatever he’s calling himself this week will pop up any moment now with a solution

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

I can't help you on the latter as it was never going to work. I can't really help you in the former either, but it's frustrating because it should have been able to work. Of course the Tories are going way too far now trying to force it through by smashing international law, but the overall concept made sense.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
'UK paid Rwanda an extra £100m for asylum deal'

About halfway down the article, I blinked when I read this:

'The payment was made when Suella Braverman was home secretary, though allies of hers say it was signed off by the prime minister.'

So that'll be another, additional 100 million of taxpayers' money spaffed on Suella's watch, during which thankfully no asylum seekers were sent to Rwanda, and for which she is now denying responsibility. The fact that this cost was buried, with ministers previously refusing to disclose updated figures, deciding to set out the costs annually, is entirely to be expected, and makes it that little bit more special.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Imagine if this government had spent exactly the same amount of time and money on potholes as it has Rwanda.
I'm in Scotland at the moment and the majority of the roads I've been on are wonderful. Plus, there's loads of roadworks going on to fix the ones that aren't. A stark contrast to England, where they are SHITEHOUSE!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
'UK paid Rwanda an extra £100m for asylum deal'

About halfway down the article, I blinked when I read this:

'The payment was made when Suella Braverman was home secretary, though allies of hers say it was signed off by the prime minister.'

So that'll be another, additional 100 million of taxpayers' money spaffed on Suella's watch, during which thankfully no asylum seekers were sent to Rwanda, and for which she is now denying responsibility. The fact that this cost was buried, with ministers previously refusing to disclose updated figures, deciding to set out the costs annually, is entirely to be expected, and makes it that little bit more special.
£250m, getting up toward Lady Mone type numbers

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I can't help you on the latter as it was never going to work. I can't really help you in the former either, but it's frustrating because it should have been able to work. Of course the Tories are going way too far now trying to force it through by smashing international law, but the overall concept made sense.
The concept was a lie. We were told asylum was to be processed in Rwanda when it was no such thing. A one way ticket to a country with a dubious human rights record.

Attachments

• IMG_0177.jpeg
    IMG_0177.jpeg
    188.6 KB · Views: 32

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The concept was a lie. We were told asylum was to be processed in Rwanda when it was no such thing. A one way ticket to a country with a dubious human rights record.

And it's Rwanda's record that is the reason the BRITISH Supreme Court found the plan to be illegal. And no amount of new or changed British laws, bribes and backhanders, is going to make Rwanda's record disappear from the evidence in front of British Courts :facepalm:

It really is that simple. Still, chuck a few more hundred million at it to to try and retain a few thousand votes at the GE :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here