Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Foreigners
Unemployed
The poor
And now the disabled.

The fascist playbook .

We should have a definitive list of all the minorities that the Tories have scapegoated to deflect from either their gross incompetence, their corruption, or their need to be abhorrent for no other reason than they can.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Is Stockton North a shit hole or not? I don’t know, I cannot recall ever going there.
Yes, whatever ‘Not so’ said, he shouldn’t have said it, but hey, shit hole shouldn’t come as too much of a shock to us NSC’ers, it is often used (or similar language) on here to describe places we’ve been to and grounds we don’t like.
I can’t get shock horrored about it I’m afraid.😁😉

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is Stockton North a shit hole or not? I don’t know, I cannot recall ever going there.
Yes, whatever ‘Not so’ said, he shouldn’t have said it, but hey, shit hole shouldn’t come as too much of a shock to us NSC’ers, it is often used (or similar language) on here to describe places we’ve been to and grounds we don’t like.
Talking about other areas of Britain on Nsc or at football grounds is fairly innocuous.
The House of Commons supposedly has a code of conduct. An MP can be thrown out for telling the truth, but calling a minister a liar.
MPs know this. Even the Tory mayor of Stockton is up in arms about Cleverly.

Nobody is shock horrored, but expect the breach of code of conduct to be suitably dealt with by the Speaker. Some chance!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I hold my politicians to a higher standard than you, clearly.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm looking forward to dinner tonight, we're having my favourite Toad In The MP.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
difference being, of course, that none of us are the HOME SECRETARY

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I'm sure someone will be along shortly to explain this is a special type of hammer or task for which this is an appropriate technique... right?

EDIT:

Tweet has been deleted. Because it was an advised technique:

Last edited:

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Not really, it covers Stockton (basically fine town for it's size, has the widest high street in Britain), Billingham (which has a football team and cricket team named after the artificial fertiliser they make/made there), and some inoffensive countryside.
There are obviously nicer places, and clearly more prosperous places, but there's plenty of places higher up my "christ, this is a shithole" list.

Anyway, as has been established elsewhere, it's not really the point.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
One would hope that ‘lessons are being learnt’ by politicians, boffins, NHS and civil servants. If not, what is the point of an enquiry taking up God knows how much time, except to point the fingers of blame?
I don’t think you can remove the decision making process from the politicians. As our elected representatives, it is their job to make these decisions. Thankfully, (or hopefully), we won’t see the likes of another Boris Johnson in the top seat for the foreseeable!
the politicians would have to justify why they have gone against received wisdom. Blimey, your last point, you've blanked trussterfuk already? i wish i could forget so easily

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
the politicians would have to justify why they have gone against received wisdom. Blimey, your last point, you've blanked trussterfuk already? i wish i could forget so easily
Well, we were discussing Covid times and decisions that is why I made my remark re Johnson. As for Trussterfuk, thankfully, Mad Liz wasn’t around long enough to completely wreck the economy, but she did have a good go.
The main point I was making was that our elected representatives should be the decision makers and as I said in a previous post, they have to weigh up the bald advice given to them by the ‘boffins’ and set that against all the other factors involved……jobs, the economy, mental health, education, social cohesion etc. No easy task for a Government of any political colour. For instance, there are still discussions being had today about the closing down of schools which quite possibly caused more harm to the youngsters involved than Covid did.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Well, we were discussing Covid times and decisions that is why I made my remark re Johnson. As for Trussterfuk, thankfully, Mad Liz wasn’t around long enough to completely wreck the economy, but she did have a good go.
The main point I was making was that our elected representatives should be the decision makers and as I said in a previous post, they have to weigh up the bald advice given to them by the ‘boffins’ and set that against all the other factors involved……jobs, the economy, mental health, education, social cohesion etc. No easy task for a Government of any political colour. For instance, there are still discussions being had today about the closing down of schools which quite possibly caused more harm to the youngsters involved than Covid did.
Yep it needed the best politicians possible in charge (if there are any)
We got the very worst of the lot ever

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Just a shame that the country decided we no longer needed experts in 2019 and elected a Cabal that would totally ignore all and any advice given to them for the first time in my lifetime, unless of course, they could use it to shift responsibility and blame. 'We are led by the Science' as Johnson, Cummings and co were far too busy indulging in a self confessed 'narcissistic orgy' to do any leading.

So what are we 'led by' now, the Economics ? :facepalm:

:lolol:

Last edited:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Just a shame that the country decided we no longer needed experts in 2019 and elected a Cabal that would totally ignore all and any advice given to them for the first time in my lifetime, unless of course, they could use it to shift responsibility and blame. 'We are led by the Science' as Johnson, Cummings and co were far too busy indulging in a self confessed 'narcissistic orgy'.

So what are we 'led by' now, the Economics ? :facepalm:

:lolol:
‘Totally ignore all and any advice given to them.’
Not strictly true, Watford, or did I imagine lockdowns, masks, social distancing, closure of businesses, schools, etc.?
You don’t have to exaggerate to make clear your low regard for this Government. Plenty of people agree with you, including me.
PS. I’m not sure the country ever decided we no longer needed experts. By the way, cast your mind back to the 2019 election , the choice was between Johnson and Corbyn, neither the ideal candidate for PM. Just imagine if Corbyn had been PM , he could have employed his nutty brother Piers as a Covid adviser. That would have ended well, wouldn’t it!😁

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes but nobody on NSC is an elected politician.

(well, almost nobody).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here