Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Let’s see.

All they’ll have to do is end peace in Northern Ireland, party through a major pandemic against their own rules, come up with a hair brained and illegal schene to move migrants to Africa, double the cost of everything, go through three leaders unelected by the population and have half the country on strike.

Should be a doddle.
🤣🤣🤣 Post of the week

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The Conservatives have constantly improved their share of the vote since 1997.
Every single election.

In 2015, it was at the expense of the Liberal Democrats popularity falling off the proverbial cliff. SNP and Brexit parties improved, but still the Tory share increased as did Labour's marginally.

In 2017, Corbyn provided a sharp shock, taking share from UKIP etc, but the Tories still improved, despite May.

In 2019, Flopsie's Get Brexit Done meant a big fall off in Labour support to the Tories and the Liberals, a combination of the reduced Corbyn effect (that had been successful two short years earlier), and a one off Flopsy slogan.

So, I think that we are now in somewhat uncharted territory with the next election.
Where will SNP votes go?
Will Liberal support return to pre 2010 levels?
What happened to the UKIP, Bexit party support? is it still with the Tories?

And will the Tories support fall away more than it did in 97. We need a bigger swing than 97, (the worst performance in their history), to see them out

Please God

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Will be interesting looking at NSC in 2025. Will the Labour government get the bile as things haven't got much better?
Based on the usual content nope.
It depends. If they haven't made any moves towards discussing joining the EU Single Market, I'll be *seething*.

Lol.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Let’s see.

All they’ll have to do is end peace in Northern Ireland, party through a major pandemic against their own rules, come up with a hair brained and illegal schene to move migrants to Africa, double the cost of everything, go through three leaders unelected by the population and have half the country on strike.

Should be a doddle.
But first of all, Labour should unite their party.
And if that means dividing the electorate and damaging the country in doing so by asking an ill informed electorate to vote on a referendum based on lies, then that is clearly a price worth paying.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
have you voted tory in every election?
I cannot vote but when I did I voted for all 3 at different elections unlike some on here who are so loyal to their party regardless.
My point is that the Labour supporters Hate the tories with a venom whereas the supporters of other parties just don't agree.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I cannot vote but when I did I voted for all 3 at different elections unlike some on here who are so loyal to their party regardless.
My point is that the Labour supporters Hate the tories with a venom whereas the supporters of other parties just don't agree.
what motivated you to vote against the tories?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Eh ?

Elections are won and lost by people voting for a different party than they did before.

It's not a game of football.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
What are you even talking about?
Why are you so bothered unless you have kids and Grandkids here?
And if you do, the Tories have fecked their future as well as all of ours.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Eh ?

Elections are won and lost by people voting for a different party than they did before.

It's not a game of football.
Some people vote for their party regardless. Rather like they support their team. That was my point. Sorry if it was too difficult for you.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What are you even talking about?
Why are you so bothered unless you have kids and Grandkids here?
And if you do, the Tories have fecked their future as well as all of ours.
I have both. And I wait for the solution from Starmer

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
you've never voted against the tories
How do you know this? Why are you so quick to label everyone and their voting habits? You did this to me for ages too. Stop this naughtiness, it’s very silly. Silly goose.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I have both. And I wait for the solution from Starmer
Well you need to be patient and wait for the manifesto.

I've already decided Starmer's offer to the electorate ( small sample of my household ) is utter shite so I will be voting against him in my constituency.

But his manifesto in theory could change that so who knows ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here