Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Peter Boneo is also at risk now - our local upstanding member
Wish we could get the lot of them to lose their jobs right now and not in over a years time. Then they can all feck off to the their highly paid consultancies

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It’s been washed away by other news, but some of the stuff continuing to come out of the COVID Inquiry remains awful

Edmunds was one of the first to suggest heard immunity, which is frowned upon it seems.

Just a load of people covering their backs, sage notes released show they delayed the lockdown at the start.

That's not suggesting the Government were poor (which ever side of the fence you sit) but this is just a giant waste of time and money.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
I hope now Starmer will have the confidence to finalise and lay out every proposed policy that makes up his vision for the country. Not so much to inform us why we should vote labour (thats a done deal now) but so they they can hit the ground running on day one.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I hope now Starmer will have the confidence to finalise and lay out every proposed policy that makes up his vision for the country. Not so much to inform us why we should vote labour (thats a done deal now) but so they they can hit the ground running on day one.
That's what happens in a election campaign via a manifesto. They can always know what's going in it, and what they're going to do, well in advance of that. They've also shared much of what will go in that manifesto already.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I doubt very much that Labour need many seats in Scotchland for a healthy majority in the election next year but they’ll get them as the SNP are shot. The Tories will be destroyed.

Reform UK are starting to do very well and seemed to have lured a lot of the ‘uneducated nationalists’ away from the Tories in these two by elections.

Now over to you Starmer. Stop pandering to the right wing press (of which we know you are terrified). You really can’t lose the next election. Ignore the Mail, Sun and Express.

Time to be bold.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
I doubt very much that Labour need many seats in Scotchland for a healthy majority in the election next year but they’ll get them as the SNP are shot. The Tories will be destroyed.

Reform UK are starting to do very well and seemed to have lured a lot of the ‘uneducated nationalists’ away from the Tories in these two by elections.

Now over to you Starmer. Stop pandering to the right wing press (of which we know you are terrified). You really can’t lose the next election. Ignore the Mail, Sun and Express.

Time to be bold.

I’m actually supportive of Starmer’s current strategy, he’s got the Mail, Sun and Telegraph (plus to a slightly more balanced extent the Times) acting as Tory Rottweiler’s. The more he announces, the more red meat he’s feeding them to come up with attack strategies.

I’m encouraged that they haven’t found much to attack in Labour’s energy policy (it’s a relief just to have a government that has one) but why give the opposition more time to come up with attack lines/strategies, he’s already got to deal with a largely hostile press.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Time to be bold.
He needs to make the right press terrified, f**k em, their owners don't live here or pay tax here. I'm looking forward to indepth analysis on the Mad Nads shows on the Murdoch channel tonight

Must admit, I thought the Tories would come through the middle in mid-Bed after the LD's decided to make a fight for it also (a bad idea). Absolute collapse of the Tory vote here, no representation for years here, no voice, a disgrace really...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Tamworth..

Tories leaking votes to Reform and Britain First who both beat the Greens and the LD's.

They'll look at that and say "OK lets go full fash..."

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Behaviour in defeat is usually far more of an indication of character than behaviour in victory. This guy’s just shown the world he’s a monumental arse.

andyrevell

Nov 16, 2009
I am really relieved and happy at the two By-election results primarily because it shows so many people are recognising the increased danger that the Tories posed over the past 13 years in office.

It may be that after the election, a rump of the remaining Tory MPS veers still further to the right; we need to be proactive in condemning them. However, my main feeling is that this First Past the Post system is awful because fundamentally it reduces us to voting for what we don't want rather than positively....

PR must be the aim for democrats in this country.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I am really relieved and happy at the two By-election results primarily because it shows so many people are recognising the increased danger that the Tories posed over the past 13 years in office.

It may be that after the election, a rump of the remaining Tory MPS veers still further to the right; we need to be proactive in condemning them. However, my main feeling is that this First Past the Post system is awful because fundamentally it reduces us to voting for what we don't want rather than positively....

PR must be the aim for democrats in this country.
Labour won't go anywhere near PR unless they're forced into it by a LD coalition. Its what we need FPTP has had its day.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here