Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
You've gotta really give it some to stand out at Tory Conference. Penny M doesn't disappoint:

You could get more than five minutes of that in Kemp Town, in a far better outfit and for far less than the price of a Conservative Party conference ticket :wink:

Or so I've heard :blush:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
She asked ChatGPT to write a Tory conference speech in the style of Braveheart? Absolutely bonkers.
If you’re going to stand on stage and use rhetoric like “Stand up and fight” you have to absolutely 100% mean it from your heart.
You can’t fake passion and that speech is a perfect example of someone reciting words they neither believe nor have a passion for.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just finished watching the excellent Channel 4 docu-drama #Partygate.

If you missed it, watch it on catch up, it will became a defining television programme.

How am I meant to get to sleep now, being this angry.
Just watched it on catch up, a timeline of what we were all doing while they were taking the piss.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
If you’re going to stand on stage and use rhetoric like “Stand up and fight” you have to absolutely 100% mean it from your heart.
You can’t fake passion and that speech is a perfect example of someone reciting words they neither believe nor have a passion for.
It's a party who have nothing to offer, nothing interesting to say and completely out of touch with public feeling

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It's a party who have nothing to offer, nothing interesting to say and completely out of touch with public feeling
I’m not so sure about that.

The honesty shown by Michelle Donelan is a change in direction from the ‘conference of lies’. I don’t like what she is saying but at least she is stating the truth:
"I believe that we should stand up for things that are divisive, and promote hatred."

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm not convinced she understands the meaning of some of the sounds she's been trained to make.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
You've gotta really give it some to stand out at Tory Conference. Penny M doesn't disappoint:

Jeeez, looks like carrying that sword went to her head a bit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here