Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
from state of social media, looks like their biggest threat is from the left that dont like Starmer. i can see him picking up votes from the centre and losing from the traditional core.

It's probably your best Hope since Bob passed on :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We’re in agreement. As I meant from 1997 onwards. Whilst Redwood et al was lying from 1992 onwards.

And before you jump on me, I loved and love the influx of people. Anyone who’s used hospitals see a united nations of wonderful folk. Then hard working eastern Europeans work as couriers, run catering and retail businesses, keeping the country ticking over.

I wouldn't jump on you, my back wouldn't take it :kiss:

It is worth publishing actual figures around immigration, refugees, boat crossing etc, because as in this case. they rarely support the MSM narrative :thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The inference that there were under a particular special form of stress and deserved to party still makes me angry.

It takes a particular type of young self entitled privileged over ambitious twat that goes to to work in that sort on environment anyway.

I pray they feel guilty to their dying days.

Many will come out with credit, but we will never know them. Over a number of weeks I got talking to a patient in hospital in the same ward as a family member.

Their son was right in the middle of it and this was well before we knew the full details.

I think it is fair to say here that the family were from a working class and the son had clearly batted above his average to get a job in number 10.

He saw what was going on and completely avoided it. I believed his mum, I had details of how rotten it was well before the papers got the full story.

There were a lot of people there that were disgusted at the time by the lying, incompetence and partying. It was always reported in the MSM as 'Civil Servants' although the vast majority were SPADS (political appointments paid as Civil Servants - not one of Tony Blair's greatest moves) together with a few senior Civil Servants turning a blind eye or partaking.

The vast majority of the Civil Servants in Whitehall had nothing to do with it but were professional to the last and didn't leak. All of this was known at the time and if anyone could be bothered to trawl through NSC, there were plenty of references to it when it was happening :down:

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
from state of social media, looks like their biggest threat is from the left that dont like Starmer. i can see him picking up votes from the centre and losing from the traditional core.
Nah. It's just that the far left shout louder than pretty much anyone else, including the nasty GB News types.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We’re in agreement. As I meant from 1997 onwards. Whilst Redwood et al was lying from 1992 onwards.

And before you jump on me, I loved and love the influx of people. Anyone who’s used hospitals see a united nations of wonderful folk. Then hard working eastern Europeans work as couriers, run catering and retail businesses, keeping the country ticking over.
Well yes

Without a lot of immigration our NHS and social care sector is going to collapse entirely.

We owe these people who come here an immense debt of gratitude. But all they get is cheap racist jibes from senior government ministers

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Fantastic parody speech by Penny Mordaunt.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
People aren't satisfied when life isn't going their way, so need someone to blame.
The youngsters nowadays
Old people
Immigrants nicking jobs
Immigrants taking our benefits
Immigrants taking our place in the queue for the NHS

etc etc

Rarely do people blame politicians, apart from the 'They're all the same'

The same people who can't be bothered turning out to vote because 'it makes no difference'.
Oh, they'd be blaming a Labour government if it had been in power for the last few years; but when it's a Tory government...silence!

I still encounter people who are silent about the £ billions spaffed since Covid, but who bang on about Gordon Brown selling our gold reserves.

The same people, I expect, who tell us to 'move on from' the Johnson/Truss premierships, but who will then remind us about the 2008 crash, or 1978-79 'winter of discontent', when Labour was in power.

I've never worked out whether a lot of Tory voters are total hypocrites or just completely thick?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This is what happens when you quietly disagree with the Home Secretary.

Just Stop Oil ? No he's the Conservative Chair of the London Assembly :lolol:

Quite ironic that as he is being dragged out, for speaking his mind, in disagreement, in her speach she is accusing the left if having created a culture where you could be in bother if you speak your mind, in disagreement.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Oh, they'd be blaming a Labour government if it had been in power for the last few years; but when it's a Tory government...silence!

I still encounter people who are silent about the £ billions spaffed since Covid, but who bang on about Gordon Brown selling our gold reserves.

The same people, I expect, who tell us to 'move on from' the Johnson/Truss premierships, but who will then remind us about the 2008 crash, or 1978-79 'winter of discontent', when Labour was in power.

I've never worked out whether a lot of Tory voters are total hypocrites or just completely thick?
I think it's cognitive dissonance, engendered by fear

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Check your bingo cards

2 Thatchers, 1 Corbyn, submarines, tax cuts

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fantastic speech from Rishi! It was Aspirational for his grandparents to come to the UK for a better life..but migrants fleeing war, poverty and persecution not so good today ?...Absolutely shameful that Starner changes his mind about anything but, it's brave, decision making when Sunak cancels HS2 ? ...a bit naff trumpeting our national multicultural status while his Home Secretary deplores it ? ...so, so much to look forward to as Rishi puts right the last 13 years of his government...a lot to deliver in the months he has left in office.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sunaks joke at nicola sturgess’s expense may come back to bite him as she hasn’t been charged with anything, whilst he was charged and convicted of 2 things.

the press will be all over this

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Their channel isn't having a good day.

Lawrence Fox finally sacked and he was arrested at his home in Stockwell this morning for an unrelated reason.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Not sure if Sunak, as the leader and current Prime Minister, of a party which has been in charge for 13 years and overseen scandal after scandal, financial calamities, an oven-ready Brexit deal (whilst forgetting to turn the oven on) and has forced out two (or is it three?) previous Tory Prime Ministers through infighting and backstabbing, is particularly wise in emphatically saying "it's time for a change".

I do agree though. It is indeed time for a change mate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here