Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Party of Business.

That should really tell you everything you need to know in terms of their interests, and it ain't us, our education, our wellbeing, our .... etc.

Are they ? Or the party of the consumer ?

I'd be happier if they were the party of business, at least you know where you stand with them.

The Rees Moggs of this world are quite happy for manufacturing and farming to disappear to be replaced by cheap imports.

He's very very open about it, it's all about the market.

The Conservatives are an utterly confused mess, when a new faction appears it splits in two. Farage clearly hovering to be a leader at some point in opposition.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
they are scum. It’s as simple as that

The inference that there were under a particular special form of stress and deserved to party still makes me angry.

It takes a particular type of young self entitled privileged over ambitious twat that goes to to work in that sort on environment anyway.

I pray they feel guilty to their dying days.

Many will come out with credit, but we will never know them. Over a number of weeks I got talking to a patient in hospital in the same ward as a family member.

Their son was right in the middle of it and this was well before we knew the full details.

I think it is fair to say here that the family were from a working class and the son had clearly batted above his average to get a job in number 10.

He saw what was going on and completely avoided it. I believed his mum, I had details of how rotten it was well before the papers got the full story.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A rare visitor to such threads. Just seen the Farage dancing :facepalm:. So he’s back in the mainstream fold then.

That seals a Tory party for years to come that’ve morphed into the Sarah Palin / Trump Party of the UK. The coup d’etat has taken place in stages. The Rudd’s etc were ousted, then it will be Sunak and Hunt booted out, leaving total control to a rabid cabal. Who’ll eventually deny climate change etc.

In first past the post, 25% of polling according to Betfair odds equates to a predicted 150 Tory MP’s losing their seats, leaving 200.

But in 1997 Major got 31% of the vote and just 165 seats.

I’m wondering if 150 seats is about right?

Unique times imho. Labour and Tory parties in the Commons have each always represented a broad cross section of views. The Tory party until now contained swathes of pro Europeans, pro environmentalists, believers in a mixed economy …. they’re all being squeezed out.

Hopefully a party led by Braverman, Farage etc will never be popular at the polls. It’s up to Starmer to not waste or screw up at no 10. In tangible actions he has to be far more than just Not Braverman’s Tories.

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
A rare visitor to such threads. Just seen the Farage dancing :facepalm:. So he’s back in the mainstream fold then.

No just one of the many factions in the party. He was interviewed at the conference saying he knew they would lose the next election and then return to being "conservative".

Clearly taking a punt at being a member of the opposition.

An opposition with Braverman as PM and Rees Mogg / Farage fighting to be chancellor.

Rather than the slowly deteriorating days of the John Major years who irrespective of his politics was fundamentally a good man, this lot are a death cult.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No just one of the many factions in the party. He was interviewed at the conference saying he knew they would lose the next election and then return to being "conservative".

Clearly taking a punt at being a member of the opposition.

Rather the slowly deteriorating days of the John Major years who irrespective of his politics was fundamentally a good man, this lot are a death cult.

Farage, as in the hours after the Brexit vote, looks like the cat that got the cream.

I was always under the impression, confirmed by writers, that Tory grandees, PM’s and former PM’s couldn’t stand the person and everything about him. They probably still do. But they’ve either retired or like Sunak/Hunt are about to in effect be booted out. Leaving weirdo’s such as Patel and Braverman to welcome him back. Analysed on LBC today that they’re planning for 2029.

I bet they want that vote winning stardust. Sadly he is still popular among many, many millions in England and Wales.

In a media and social media age it’s weird to watch this in real time, caught on smart phones. The dinner dance, part of an insurrection to boot Sunak and Hunt out.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I still can't decide if it's hilarious or depressing that our current Prime Minister lost a popularity / competency contest with Liz Truss who, let's not forget, was outlasted by a lettuce.

Because right wing blue rinsers in 632 constituencies were always going to vote for a right wing candidate promising tax cuts. And she was seen as loyal to Boris. I said at the time she’d crush Sunak.

Sunak was candid that there was no room for tax cuts after the pandemic, something credit rating agencies and the markets agreed with.

The thick as shit constituencies went with the out of her depth idiot.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
IMG_2047.jpeg

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I wish more journalists were like Victoria Derbyshir.

Mrs DiS and I were talking about this stuff last night, and considered that someone ought just to call it all out at some point - this is rubbish, this is fiction. Then, lo and behold, Victoria Derbyshire does exactly that.

more of this sort of thing….

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The Party of Business.

That should really tell you everything you need to know in terms of their interests, and it ain't us, our education, our wellbeing, our .... etc.
But they're not the party of business.

They're the party of businesses with Tory party interests.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

That seals a Tory party for years to come that’ve morphed into the Sarah Palin / Trump Party of the UK. The coup d’etat has taken place in stages. The Rudd’s etc were ousted, then it will be Sunak and Hunt booted out, leaving total control to a rabid cabal. Who’ll eventually deny climate change etc.

In first past the post, 25% of polling according to Betfair odds equates to a predicted 150 Tory MP’s losing their seats, leaving 200.

But in 1997 Major got 31% of the vote and just 165 seats.

I’m wondering if 150 seats is about right?

Unique times imho. Labour and Tory parties in the Commons have each always contained a broad cross section of views. The Tory party until now contained swathes of pro Europeans, pro environmentalists, believers in a mixed economy …. they’re all being squeezed out.

Hopefully a party led by Braverman, Farage etc will never be popular at the polls. It’s up to Starmer to not waste or screw up at no 10. In tangible actions he has to be far more than just Not Braverman’s Tories.
Well summarised, its been a gradual process. Whilst I hate Farage the guy is a very strong communicator and could well become leader assuming they lose the election. They will shift to the right, the moderates are in decline.

Starmer clearly sees the centre ground is well and truly vacated and sees the opportunity.

Last edited:

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Because right wing blue rinsers in 632 constituencies were always going to vote for a right wing candidate promising tax cuts. And she was seen as loyal to Boris. I said at the time she’d crush Sunak.

Sunak was candid that there was no room for tax cuts after the pandemic, something credit rating agencies and the markets agreed with.

The thick as shit constituencies went with the out of her depth idiot.
I thought it was more to do with white female versus brown male. No contest.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The most worrying aspect of the heckler seems to have been missed by most of the media. Namely why the police were involved. The man in question broke no laws that I’m aware of. The event will have private security to enforce their own rules within the conference, but that doesn’t make it a police matter.

Why is my tax money being used to silence dissent of the government?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here