Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Sunak is being shredded by Laura K and just keeps talking over her. Way, way out of his depth as someone to BS to her questions. Surely that is the one quality you need?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sunak is being shredded by Laura K and just keeps talking over her. Way, way out of his depth as someone to BS to her questions. Surely that is the one quality you need?
There is a war on don’t you know?

The “war on motorists”.

Rishi is going to help the nastiest, thickest c***s in our society drive at more than 20mph with gas guzzling non-ULEZ compliant cars in built up residential areas. This appears to be his flagship policy/gas lighting escapade. If these Tories don’t run your kids over, they’ll make them sick with respiratory diseases all the time reminding their most selfish supporters that JSO are the real enemy of the people.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
There is a war on don’t you know?

The “war on motorists”.

Rishi is going to help the nastiest, thickest c***s in our society drive at more than 20mph with gas guzzling non-ULEZ compliant cars in built up residential areas. This appears to be his flagship policy/gas lighting escapade. If these Tories don’t run your kids over, they’ll make them sick with respiratory diseases all the time reminding their most selfish supporters that JSO are the real enemy of the people.
Yes, the smoke and mirrors campaign is only just beginning - and a lot of the electorate will buy it. He's probably asked Kate and William if they could pop out another sprog so we can get the bunting out and forget about more pressing matters.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Are there any other healthcare systems apart from the UK and the USA? It seems to be a general assumption that there are no alternatives to the NHS, the system that used to be called the "envy of the world", other than the US model. Surely other countries, perhaps those in the beloved EU, have healthcare systems that we could investigate?
Yes yes there are - but the NHS was sold to me as a free service, my whole life I always assumed that the NHS would look after me and my family. That’s what I paid taxes for
Are you saying you would move to the US model?
If ever one of my kids was Ill on holiday in Europe, the service we received was just amazing. Didn’t have to wait 24 hours in an overcrowded A and E
Your problem is that you’ve been levelled down so much you forgot what to expect from this wonderful country of ours.
Your wonderful Tories have done this to us
Or maybe Burnley is now a beautiful sunny utopia in the UK and you haven’t noticed what the rest of us have to put up with.

Sheesh. Honestly Das - think

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yes yes there are - but the NHS was sold to me as a free service, my whole life I always assumed that the NHS would look after me and my family. That’s what I paid taxes for
Are you saying you would move to the US model?
If ever one of my kids was Ill on holiday in Europe, the service we received was just amazing. Didn’t have to wait 24 hours in an overcrowded A and E
Your problem is that you’ve been levelled down so much you forgot what to expect from this wonderful country of ours.
Your wonderful Tories have done this to us
Or maybe Burnley is now a beautiful sunny utopia in the UK and you haven’t noticed what the rest of us have to put up with.

Sheesh. Honestly Das - think

The unbelievably wealthy targeting the votes of the bigoted, naïve and poor. That'll never work ................. oh :shootself

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So essentially you want British people to pay millions of pounds to US Healthcare service for worse services. And that's your priority in life?
That's always the go to line

"You want a US healthcare service" which is absolutely shite

I'd quite like a German one instead thanks, many options between NHS and USA options.

Till we take the emotion out of the discussion, the health care will never improve here.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'd quite like a German one instead thanks, many options between NHS and USA options.

Till we take the emotion out of the discussion, the health care will never improve here.
The reason the US healthcare is mentioned so often on this thread, is that there is plenty of evidence that it is exactly what the Conservatives are doing.
Health data has already been sold to insurance companies, current MPs are accepting donations from the same, and they were gutted Trump was defeated because it was in the trade deal with the USA.

The French have a good hybrid system where 70% is State paid but from first hand knowledge there is a chronic shortage of doctors and dentists, there too.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The reason the US healthcare is mentioned so often on this thread, is that there is plenty of evidence that it is exactly what the Conservatives are doing.
Health data has already been sold to insurance companies, current MPs are accepting donations from the same, and they were gutted Trump was defeated because it was in the trade deal with the USA.

The French have a good hybrid system where 70% is State paid but from first hand knowledge there is a chronic shortage of doctors and dentists, there too.

There isn't evidence they are doing it, im sure some would love to do it, but they won't because they know it will be suicide.

It's likely Labour will be in power next year, they have also called for reforms rather than more money

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

It's nothing to do with emotion it's to with what's been happening for the last ten years.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
It's nothing to do with emotion it's to with what's been happening for the last ten years.
It's absolutely to do with emotion, we can't touch the NHS because it's "the best in the world" it's not, it's nowhere near the best and it's certainly nothing to be proud of, the service and not some of the staff of course.
Is there any other major nation that has the same sort of healthcare system?

Healthcare needs to be taken out of politics and looked after by an independent body.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
It was quite remarkable - He's not going to 'speculate' on whether or not HS2 to Manchester will happen - It's not speculation if it's your decision you thick tw@t.

He also mentioned the 'uprising' in Wales over the default 20mph limit like it was the civil rights movement in 1960s US rather than what it actually is. A few morons who find driving so difficult that apparently none of their cars have a gear that allow them to drive at 20.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's absolutely to do with emotion, we can't touch the NHS because it's "the best in the world" it's not, it's nowhere near the best and it's certainly nothing to be proud of, the service and not some of the staff of course.
Is there any other major nation that has the same sort of healthcare system?

Healthcare needs to be taken out of politics and looked after by an independent body.
On the last line we agree completely. On the rest I'm not sure I'm the one putting emotion in there

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It was quite remarkable - He's not going to 'speculate' on whether or not HS2 to Manchester will happen - It's not speculation if it's your decision you thick tw@t.

He also mentioned the 'uprising' in Wales over the default 20mph limit like it was the civil rights movement in 1960s US rather than what it actually is. A few morons who find driving so difficult that apparently none of their cars have a gear that allow them to drive at 20.
I think the question you should be asking is what people on the doorsteps are saying as I go around the country.

See, I can do it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There isn't evidence they are doing it, im sure some would love to do it, but they won't because they know it will be suicide.

It's likely Labour will be in power next year, they have also called for reforms rather than more money
There is evidence. You don’t want to believe it.
I could post half a dozen links

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

there isn't even a "US healthcare service", there are half a dozen or so programmes across national, state, employer, insurance schemes. it's a mess they wouldn't do if starting again, it's not a design. they have parts that look a lot like NHS with state based insurance, while others have no insurance or coverage at all. there's plenty of other models to look at to help modify our health system. people say healthcare is great in France, Germany or Sweden, then say we cant change ours because we'll go for a caricature US model. simply fear mongering that impedes change.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
there isn't even a "US healthcare service", there are half a dozen or so programmes across national, state, employer, insurance schemes. it's a mess they wouldn't do if starting again, it's not a design. they have parts that look a lot like NHS with state based insurance, while others have no insurance or coverage at all. there's plenty of other models to look at to help modify our health system. people say healthcare is great in France, Germany or Sweden, then say we cant change ours because we'll go for a caricature US model. simply fear mongering that impedes change.
Fear mongering? No.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

He's rather rubbish at not answering questions.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I could post half a dozen links

That's not really evidence of the Tories want to turn the NHS into the US Healthcare service, they have had 13 years, if they wanted to do it they would have already have done it, how many years in charge do they need to do it?

The mirror one lists names and haven't listed anything they have done wrong, and it's been disclosed, I'd agree MPs shouldn't take money from any one other than the wage they get from the job being paid to lobby shouldn't be a thing.

As I said previously, I'm sure some would like to take it private and in line with the states, but it's not going to happen is it, it would lead to that party being blown away for years.

Pushing the idea of it's US or NHS is rubbish, and blocking any chance of change

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's not really evidence of the Tories want to turn the NHS into the US Healthcare service, they have had 13 years, if they wanted to do it they would have already have done it, how many years in charge do they need to do it?

The mirror one lists names and haven't listed anything they have done wrong, and it's been disclosed, I'd agree MPs shouldn't take money from any one other than the wage they get from the job being paid to lobby shouldn't be a thing.

As I said previously, I'm sure some would like to take it private and in line with the states, but it's not going to happen is it, it would lead to that party being blown away for years.

Pushing the idea of it's US or NHS is rubbish, and blocking any chance of change
The Conservatives change things one step at a time. It took from 1992, with the Eurosceptics to 2016 to enable Brexit, and another 4 years to leave. They work on propaganda knowing people would resist if they tried to change things too quickly.
It’s like being in an abusive relationship. Promise much, and gradually break every promise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here