Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
I think the problem with Rory (and I've spoken to people who've worked with him) he comes from a background where he really really doesn't understand how the other half live.

Fill the party with those know exactly how the other half live, but seemingly despise them they are where they are.

They took years to try and offload the "nasty party" label and they've ramped it up ten fold.

Not surprising though. They are cornered, run out of ideas and steam all their have is their base.
I listened to a podcast interview with Stewart. He is an intellect and took time out before going to into politics, travelling and getting know and understand people. It is quite incredible the complete imbeciles in ministerial roles when there is a wealth of talented and respected politiicians on all sides sitting on the back benches powerless

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The government is now filled with the privately educated, posh, good-for-nothing, children of probably quite hard working, well meaning, professionals.

Braverman, Sunak, Keegan, Mogg. And earlier, Truss and Kwarteng et al.

All the useless siblings/children of fairly respectable people.

These are the dregs who blew their allowance, bungled their education, fluffed business deals. There’s nothing left for them but the gravy train of British politics.
Placed in positions where they can funnel funds into the accounts of the elite.
Good for nothing else.
Get a grip man.

'children of probably quite hard working, well meaning, professionals.'

This bit . . . . Fiction at best.

You don't become a 'greedy, self serving, f*** the populous, at all costs' millionaire by accident. . . It's learned behaviour.

It is entirely possible to be successful, entrepreneurial and profitable without being a total **** and shafting as many people as you can, but that's not the tory way.

For balance, it's not just tories, there are plenty of other ****s out there, but in Little Britain they are the best at it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I listened to a podcast interview with Stewart. He is an intellect and took time out before going to into politics, travelling and getting know and understand people. It is quite incredible the complete imbeciles in ministerial roles when there is a wealth of talented and respected politiicians on all sides sitting on the back benches powerless
Dare I say it? Of course I do . . . . . . If he'd won the leadership contest, and won the election, we'd be in a better position now than if anyone else had won, from any party.

Far too rational and intelligent to succeed as a politician with power in this country.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

In the desert.

When you speak to the people who actually work for these people their public persona is often very different from behind the scenes.

I'd look at his voting record before deciding what a nice guy he is.

But yes I agree. This administration are highly ideological and equally "useless". But I'm often surprised by the ones who come across terribly in the media but are deeply respected by their civil servants.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Get a grip man.

You don't become a 'greedy, self serving, f*** the populous, at all costs' millionaire by accident. . . It's learned behaviour.

It is entirely possible to be successful, entrepreneurial and profitable without being a total **** and shafting as many people as you can, but that's not the tory way.

For balance, it's not just tories, there are plenty of other ****s out there, but in Little Britain they are the best at it.
I think we broadly agree on the issue.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Gillian Keegan has questions to answer over a £1million schools IT contract given to a firm her husband is a director of….

…A Mirror investigation found the deal with Centerprise was paid for from the same pot of cash earmarked to rebuild classrooms at risk of collapse because they contain potentially deadly concrete.”

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Gillian Keegan has questions to answer over a £1million schools IT contract given to a firm her husband is a director of….

…A Mirror investigation found the deal with Centerprise was paid for from the same pot of cash earmarked to rebuild classrooms at risk of collapse because they contain potentially deadly concrete.”

Only a million?

Pah, calls herself a Tory?

Sunak will not be impressed with that.

Look Gillian, we've put you in charge of this department and there are some serious sums of money involved. Early suggestions are that you may have been involved in misappropriation of a million pounds. Well, it's just not good enough. I expect.more from my senior ministers. 10 times, no, a hundred times that.
The laziness and blaming everyone else I like, the incompetence, super. But come on Gillian, you're a modern Tory FFS, now get back to work and get your nose in that trough, we haven't got much time left. I don't want to hear anymore until at least £500million has been siphoned off.

Last edited:

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Geoff Barton from the ASCL used a helpful analogy on R4 Today today, which he'd picked up from a historian.
The government are currently boasting that they've refurbished 50 schools a year. Given that there are 22,000 schools in England, that would mean that the next one up for refurbishment would be the one built in 1583.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Geoff Barton from the ASCL used a helpful analogy on R4 Today today, which he'd picked up from a historian.
The government are currently boasting that they've refurbished 50 schools a year. Given that there are 22,000 schools in England, that would mean that the next one up for refurbishment would be the one built in 1583.
Eton was established in the 15th Century so at least that will have been looked after. Harrow 1570s ...phew.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

This is one of the least surprising new stories I've seen.

But also highlights a lack of investigative journalism. Yes to story was found eventually, but if it wasn't a for a few bits of concrete falling down, we'd have never known.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

But also highlights a lack of investigative journalism. Yes to story was found eventually, but if it wasn't a for a few bits of concrete falling down, we'd have never known.

Not strictly fair, The Times highlighted a year ago, but in amongst all the other corruption, backhanders, incompetence and lies, it really needs something more (like taking it from education and leaving schools unsafe) to constitute a story these days :shrug:

Official deals worth £35m given to firm with Tory’s husband on board​

A Conservative minister’s husband who works for a company that was awarded £35.2 million of government contracts has agreed to change his role to avoid the perception of a conflict of interest. Michael Keegan, 60, the husband of Gillian Keegan, 54, a health minister, works as a Cabinet Office civil servant responsible for the government’s relationship with suppliers and holds a non-executive role on the board of Centerprise International.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/official-deals-worth-35m-given-firm-tory-husband-latest-3zcl78660

We have now got to the stage with this cabal where simple corruption is so commonplace it isn't really newsworthy. But people knew what they were voting for :shootself

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Not strictly fair, The Times highlighted a year ago, but in amongst all the other corruption, backhanders, incompetence and lies, it really needs something more (like taking it from education and leaving schools unsafe) to constitute a story these days :shrug:

Official deals worth £35m given to firm with Tory’s husband on board​

A Conservative minister’s husband who works for a company that was awarded £35.2 million of government contracts has agreed to change his role to avoid the perception of a conflict of interest. Michael Keegan, 60, the husband of Gillian Keegan, 54, a health minister, works as a Cabinet Office civil servant responsible for the government’s relationship with suppliers and holds a non-executive role on the board of Centerprise International.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/official-deals-worth-35m-given-firm-tory-husband-latest-3zcl78660

We have now got to the stage with this cabal where simple corruption is so commonplace it isn't really newsworthy. But people knew what they were voting for :shootself

Over £35 million?

That's much more like it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

And I’m sure there’s much more we’ll never know about 😞

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Get a grip man.

:shrug:

Braverman: parents were a nurse and "worked for a housing association", both immigrants from Africa

Sunak: parents were a GP and a pharmacist, both immigrants from Africa

Keegan: parents were an office manager and a secretary; state school educated

Mogg: all right, you may have a point here...

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
1694017614766.png

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
:shrug:

Braverman: parents were a nurse and "worked for a housing association", both immigrants from Africa

Sunak: parents were a GP and a pharmacist, both immigrants from Africa

Keegan: parents were an office manager and a secretary; state school educated

Mogg: all right, you may have a point here...
I'll give you Keegan. She's done well for herself from humble/ordinary beginnings.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Which is what makes their attitude towards others trying to achieve the same all the more disgraceful.
I spent 6 weeks in India, working, the Indian middle/upper classes are worse than the tories . .at least some of those I met were. Treat the majority like absolute filth and are only interested in themselves.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here