Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
BTW on this day last year Liz Truss became PM

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
BTW on this day last year Liz Truss became PM
Liz Truss Cheese GIF by GIPHY News

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think I made it fairly clear before the 2019 election that I thought an almighty clusterf*** was coming if Johnson's cabal was elected as it was the same lot who had constantly lied their way through a referendum 3 years earlier and then undermined their own Government in order to make a power grab.

But their constant daily corruption, incompetence, dishonesty, amoral, egotistical, pompous, narcissistic lies, have actually exceeded even my expectations, and this is long before the various enquiries actually reveal the truth of what went on through the early part of their reign and the Covid crisis:shootself

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think I made it fairly clear before the 2019 election that I thought an almighty clusterf*** was coming if Johnson's cabal was elected as it was the same lot who had constantly lied their way through a referendum 3 years earlier and then undermined their own Government in order to make a power grab.

But their constant daily corruption, incompetence, dishonesty, amoral, egotistical, pompous, narcissistic lies, have actually exceeded even my expectations, and this is long before the various enquiries actually reveal the truth of what went on through the early part of their reign and the Covid crisis:shootself
Rather a one-sided poll but reflects the mood. (97.2 for yes}

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Modern Conservatism is a bust. This is a government that should take decades to regroup from.

My hope is that the likes of Braverman and Anderson are finished, and that the party slowly rebuilds itself into something solid and decent (strong opposition is important)

My fear is that having infiltrated the party, the lunatics are now running that particular asylum, and they’ll double down on the politics of hate and division.

Until I can see the far-right ejected from them, my voting record will be strictly:

Anyone
But
Conservative

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Modern Conservatism is a bust. This is a government that should take decades to regroup from.

My hope is that the likes of Braverman and Anderson are finished, and that the party slowly rebuilds itself into something solid and decent (strong opposition is important)

My fear is that having infiltrated the party, the lunatics are now running that particular asylum, and they’ll double down on the politics of hate and division.

Until I can see the far-right ejected from them, my voting record will be strictly:

Anyone
But
Conservative
If Trump wins in the US the Tories loon fringe will feel enpowered and go full batshit

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As she tried to do yesterday but it got overlooked, today she again tried to blame schools for the crisis.

Her words;

“get off their backsides”

…are not an accident. They will have been carefully chosen to speak to the section of the electorate who believes Britain and Brexit could be Great if the wokey-cokey scum just stopped looking for handouts and did some bloody graft.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As she tried to do yesterday but it got overlooked, today she again tried to blame schools for the crisis.

Her words;

“get off their backsides”

…are not an accident. They will have been carefully chosen to speak to the section of the electorate who believes Britain and Brexit could be Great if the wokey-cokey scum just stopped looking for handouts and did some bloody graft.

How is she going to explain the hospitals, Courts etc who also have RAAC concrete? I suppose she can pass the buck to other government departments.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Anyone
But
Conservative
After their coming defeat they’ll go hard right under Braverman, and be suitably punished at the ballot box all being well

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
After their coming defeat they’ll go hard right under Braverman, and be suitably punished at the ballot box all being well

That was Rory Stewart's major worry when being interviewed this afternoon and I think he still speaks for a lot of traditional conservatives, most of whom have now been kicked out of the party or sidelined completely.

However, at the end of the day, they had their chance to reclaim their party, but very few of them were prepared to actually stand up to Johnson, Sunak, Truss, Gove, Patel, Kwarteng, Braverman and the rest of the cabal and the shit they spouted forth, even though they knew and understood it was all lies.

Sensible Conservatives knew and understood exactly what was happening but when actually confronted with a decision, they chose to retain power over doing what they knew was morally right. If it takes generations to reclaim their party, it is down to them :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That was Rory Stewart's major worry when being interviewed this afternoon and I think he still speaks for a lot of traditional conservatives, most of whom have now been kicked out of the party or sidelined completely.

However, at the end of the day, they had their chance to reclaim their party, but very few of them were prepared to actually stand up to Johnson, Sunak, Truss, Gove, Patel, Kwarteng, Braverman and the rest of the cabal and the shit they spouted forth, even though they knew and understood it was all lies.

Sensible Conservatives knew and understood exactly what was happening but when actually confronted with a decision, they chose to retain power over doing what they knew was morally right. If it takes generations to reclaim their party, it is down to them :shrug:
Great post and accurate, IMO.

This is the result of having a cabinet that is made up of “characters”. Bullying thugs who won’t stand for anything but total compliance.
And an outer ring of weaklings who would rather protect their income than take the brown-shirts to task.

Bullies and weaklings. What a government.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

To be fair 21 rebels against No Deal were thrown out in 2019, by Johnson, and local Conservative, due to the big con of Get Brexit Done.
Others like Anderson, Gullis etc eagerly took their place just for power.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I think the problem with Rory (and I've spoken to people who've worked with him) he comes from a background where he really really doesn't understand how the other half live.

Fill the party with those know exactly how the other half live, but seemingly despise them they are where they are.

They took years to try and offload the "nasty party" label and they've ramped it up ten fold.

Not surprising though. They are cornered, run out of ideas and steam all their have is their base.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The government is now filled with the privately educated, posh, good-for-nothing, children of probably quite hard working, well meaning, professionals.

Braverman, Sunak, Keegan, Mogg. And earlier, Truss and Kwarteng et al.

All the useless siblings/children of fairly respectable people.

These are the dregs who blew their allowance, bungled their education, fluffed business deals. There’s nothing left for them but the gravy train of British politics.
Placed in positions where they can funnel funds into the accounts of the elite.
Good for nothing else.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The government is now filled with the privately educated, posh, good-for-nothing, children of probably quite hard working, well meaning, professionals.

Braverman, Sunak, Keegan, Mogg. And earlier, Truss and Kwarteng et al.

All the useless siblings/children of fairly respectable people.

These are the dregs who blew their allowance, bungled their education, fluffed business deals. There’s nothing left for them but the gravy train of British politics.
Placed in positions where they can funnel funds into the accounts of the elite.
Good for nothing else.
But @Wokeworrier still loved them.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

What I'd like to see is a list of reasons why millions of people voted for them.

I say list . . . Half a dozen legitimate reasons would be astounding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here