Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Everyone else has sat on their **** eh?

Cheers Gill
She has come out of this looking worse than Sunak. Which is bloody hard to do!

Saw her on telly this morning claiming to not know anything about a £32m refurb at her office.

“Uhm yes, we’ll, uhm I have been working on a different floor than normal so I suppose yes, uhm there could be a refurb going on, I suppose yes it might have needed, uhm buildings do uhm yes, that makes sense because I’ve been on different floor, you see. Yes uhm”

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
"Why aren't you thanking me for doing a good job?" asks Education Secretary at the same time as schools are having to be closed because they're not safe for children

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
"Why aren't you thanking me for doing a good job?" asks Education Secretary at the same time as schools are having to be closed because they're not safe for children
It's almost like they've scraped through the bottom of the rotten barrel and are scratching at the dirt underneath now

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Oh, they haven’t got the questionnaires back yet. That’s why they have made such slow progress. Those bloody questionnaires.
Presumably this is an attempt to shrug some of the blame onto headmasters? Building surveyors?

And apparently it’s been “going on since 1994”.
So that’s two Tory governments that have failed to act then?

This lady is quite a piece of work.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It seems she has a history of bullshitting….

“The education secretary has claimed teachers are “probably in the top 10 per cent of earners in some parts of the country”, and over-stated the average head’s salary by over £20,000.

Speaking to LBC this morning, Gillian Keegan also claimed teachers’ salaries were “a lot higher than the average salaries across the country”.

But that doesn’t fit with salary data published by the Department for Education. The latest school workforce data shows the average classroom teacher earned £39,000 in 2020-21”.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
From the Guardian comments page.

1693861461310.png

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
From the Guardian comments page.

View attachment 166031
In 'Building Schools for the Future', Brown's government had a long term plan to resolve these issues. He was probably the most serious, committed and decent person to have been PM during my lifetime. Voted out, seemingly because he seemed a bit miserable and called a bigoted woman bigoted after she said something bigoted.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In 'Building Schools for the Future', Brown's government had a long term plan to resolve these issues. He was probably the most serious, committed and decent person to have been PM during my lifetime. Voted out, seemingly because he seemed a bit miserable and called a bigoted woman bigoted after she said something bigoted.

To be fair he had a number of personality if not moral flaws (all well documented in a number of books) and never really got over not getting the big job in the first place.

Brilliant in a crises though (as the financial crises showed), much better than Blair.

I spent the whole pandemic hoping the Government would bring him in as an advisor. Never going to happen, when the current administration took an ideological spin as they do with everything.

Looks to me that Starmer has been greatly influenced by Brown, less so Blair.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
probably whoever is responsible for maintenance and management of the estate. obvious to blame politicans, just interesting there are many different politicans involved in this matter. they all got it wrong. much is said about budgets, seems to me it's more a prioritisation issue.
You can’t prioritise something if you haven’t got the budget to do it.
both Gove years ago and Sunak as Chancellor cut or completely wiped out budgets/ plans to try and address this.
or do you just get rid of all the teachers just to make sure the buildings are ok?

Last edited:

abc

Jan 6, 2007
Keegan is a fine example of what is wrong with politics. She started out with principals (she even campaigned on the streets against brexit in direct conflict to her party’s orders). She then decided she wanted to further her career and get power and became a yes person to whatever Johnson et al demanded. No longer interested in whats best for her constituents or the country now, only whats best for her career (which will happily take a step backwards at the next GE, even in chichester!)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Keegan is a fine example of what is wrong with politics. She started out with principals (she even campaigned on the streets against brexit in direct conflict to her party’s orders). She then decided she wanted to further her career and get power and became a yes person to whatever Johnson et al demanded. No longer interested in whats best for her constituents or the country now, only whats best for her career (which will happily take a step backwards at the next GE, even in chichester!)
Chichester Harbour is full of tish and so is she.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Keegan is a fine example of what is wrong with politics. She started out with principals (she even campaigned on the streets against brexit in direct conflict to her party’s orders). She then decided she wanted to further her career and get power and became a yes person to whatever Johnson et al demanded. No longer interested in whats best for her constituents or the country now, only whats best for her career (which will happily take a step backwards at the next GE, even in ca ahichester!)
Keegan started off OK, she isn't a 2019 loon, a toff or a Tufton Street luvy.

But if you join the cabal you get will get contaminated and have to defend the indefensible, wrong party Gillian

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Keegan started off OK, she isn't a 2019 loon, a toff or a Tufton Street luvy.

But if you join the cabal you get will get contaminated and have to defend the indefensible, wrong party Gillian
Keegan has been exposed by a whistleblower.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here