Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Another clip from QT showed not a single member of the audience supporting the Rwanda policy. Despite Bravermen's statement that the majority of us support it.

Again - an example of how out of touch they are.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Rumours doing the rounds in Westminster that the Government are going to hold a referendum on our membership of the ECHR, so they can force through their rancid Rwanda policy.

If true( I’m not convinced) who would vote to have the human rights we have removed?
This stinking cesspool of a Government have been bad enough even with the ECHR, without it, how bad would it get?

I have never thought that they are full on Fascist, although some amongst their number are probably fellow travellers, if we come out of the ECHR, there would be a lurch to the far right, and that, quite honestly, petrifies me.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Rumours doing the rounds in Westminster that the Government are going to hold a referendum on our membership of the ECHR, so they can force through their rancid Rwanda policy.

If true( I’m not convinced) who would vote to have the human rights we have removed?
This stinking cesspool of a Government have been bad enough even with the ECHR, without it, how bad would it get?

I have never thought that they are full on Fascist, although some amongst their number are probably fellow travellers, if we come out of the ECHR, there would be a lurch to the far right, and that, quite honestly, petrifies me.
Leaving the ECHR would break the Good Friday Agreement, so I think it is just a threat and scaremongering. They know they only have 18 months left at the outside. I'm not sure they can lurch any further to the right.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
There are plenty out there; you know, like the ones that voted to remove their own free movement around the EU. They do not believe they need human rights and only see people they don't like seeking reliance on them.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It's not a 'club' as such - just a court that rules on the various human rights legislations once the national court processes have been exhausted. They would still be bound by British court decisions (and it's a British court that has just ruled it illegal).

It would be a difficult thing to opt out of the ECHR - because they would still have to overturn the relevant legislation to force something through.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It's not a 'club' as such - just a court that rules on the various human rights legislations once the national court processes have been exhausted. They would still be bound by British court decisions (and it's a British court that has just ruled it illegal).

It would be a difficult thing to opt out of the ECHR - because they would still have to overturn the relevant legislation to force something through.
A referendum wouldn’t be legal in making such a decision.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Steve Barclay is one slimy so and so. Sophy Ridge just congratulated him on getting in his tagline about cost and I am fairly sure he winked at her.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Leaving the ECHR would break the Good Friday Agreement, so I think it is just a threat and scaremongering. They know they only have 18 months left at the outside. I'm not sure they can lurch any further to the right.
Well I suppose our Jacob could do a ministry of silly walks goose step up the Mall but that would probably be spotted even by the more stupid of their reducing support.
God, they really are a mad bunch of loons
And they’re running our country. 😨

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020

They would have to get it through the house - not a chance in hell

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Their policies

Attachments

• pnc.jpg
    pnc.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What a shitshow!

They can't even control their own party (political one, not the covid-rulebreaking ones!).

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Their policies
They really are a nasty horrible bunch. I’ve g felt like I’m stuck in a type of purgatory for the last 2 years waiting for it to end. I just hope the electorate can see past the nasty, divisive policies and rhetoric and get rid of this shower.
Anderson and Braverman should be nowhere near government let alone any positions of power.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How much longer do we have to put up with these children in charge?
Actually that’s an insult to children. What was the Speaker thinking?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here