Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Good work. Not an evil right wing media conspiracy after all then ... the absolute state of some people on this thread. :facepalm::lolol:

Not in this case, but I can give you countless examples of the press media ignoring stories like this (if not the BBC) who have given it lots of coverage.

I've just happened to have followed this story very closely, because I knew what he got up to as London Mayor.

If YOU had bothered to follow that, you'd be appalled he ever became PM....

If you are a decent human being.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good work. Not an evil right wing media conspiracy after all then ... the absolute state of some people on this thread. :facepalm::lolol:
Have the Non Dom media reported the Lebedev story at all?

Still found 12 front pages in a row on Starmer’s legal curry

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This is a good opportunity for Rishi to show her the door but will he take it? Of course he won’t, a coward with extra small balls, no?
He can't show her the door, an MP can only be removed by his/her constituents. Normally at a General Election but an election can be called if enough constituents sign a petition (I think it's 10%). If an MP is suspended from the House for, I think, 30 days, then that will also trigger an election.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He can't show her the door, an MP can only be removed by his/her constituents. Normally at a General Election but an election can be called if enough constituents sign a petition (I think it's 10%). If an MP is suspended from the House for, I think, 30 days, then that will also trigger an election.
10 days suspension or a prison sentence of more than 12 months will trigger a recall if 10% of constituents want it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is a good opportunity for Rishi to show her the door but will he take it? Of course he won’t, a coward with extra small balls, no?
He’s terrified of the by-election it’d cause. He might be even more terrified after the upcoming two.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Russian politics is so complicated it's quite easy to put individuals into good and bad guy boxes.

The younger Lebedev wrote an open letter to Putin asking to stop the invasion.

However it's very clear why the Johnson's of this world stay so close and it's simply about the money.

Nothing to do with their potential political influence over the Russian regime. Putin doesn't need their money, he's got billions stashed away.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Russian politics is so complicated it's quite easy to put individuals into good and bad guy boxes.

However it's very clear why the Johnson's of this world stay so close and it's simply about the money.

Nothing to do with their potential political influence over the Russian regime. Putin doesn't need their money, he's got billions stashed away.

older Lebedev owned the major opposition paper, critical of Putin until he shut it down just after the start of the war. didnt help him much with the west, our politics is complicated too.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
He’s terrified of the by-election it’d cause. He might be even more terrified after the upcoming two.
It should 1 of 4 up coming by elections. Why bother fighting 4 by elections, would be better to have a general election.

Obviously we won't have a GE as they would be trounced so we have a zombie government for another year.

Sunak is only talking about his pledges and priorities and isn't bringing in any new legislation because his party doesn't support him so even their parliamentary majority is meaningless

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

The far bigger deal is how Johnson went straight from a NATO summit to a Lebedev party and emerged dishevelled holding a war strategy manual (actually reported in the DM, for about 5 minutes they had a decent editor) Then there was the unprecedented move by Johnson to give Lebedev a peerage against MI6 advice on security grounds. The Queen was asked intervene and refused.

We can't estimate what a liability Johnson has been to national security. But it doesn't matter to him, its all about personal elevation and rewarding cronies and donors.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The far bigger deal is how Johnson went straight from a NATO summit to a Lebedev party and emerged dishevelled holding a war strategy manual (actually reporting in the DM, for about 5 minutes they have a decent editor) Then there was the unprecedented move by Johnson to give Lebedev a peerage against MI6 advice on security grounds. The Queen was asked intervene and refused.

We can't estimate what a liability Johnson has been to national security. But it doesn't matter to him, its all about personal elevation and rewarding cronies and donors.

Of course. On my other previous point though, their wasn't much discussion on here when the story broke, a story that was covered extensively on television and in the newspapers.

Just because Channel Four decided to bring it up again, doesn't make it a cover up. THIS Government as it has done on a number of issues just decided to ignore the concerns,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Of course. On my other previous point though, their wasn't much discussion on here when the story broke, a story that was covered extensively on television and in the newspapers.

Just because Channel Four decided to bring it up again, doesn't make it a cover up. THIS Government as it has done on a number of issues just decided to ignore the concerns,
Brush it all under the carpet, until someone lifts the corner up again. These things never actually go away.

Ukraine froze Alexandr Lebev's assets in the Crimea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here