Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
By no means a fan of hers, but she may have a point.
She doesn't have a point on anything. One of the worst (if not the worst) member of a front bench in living memory in a very competitive field.

This is the minister who before committees and interviews stated ->

1) Channels Four is in receipt of public money. It's commercially funded.
2) Channel Five was more successful after being privatised. Channel 5 has never been publicly owned.
3) Channel Four used actors (as opposed to real people) in a documentary she appeared in. Subsequent investigations by Channels Four and the production company proved the statement to be incorrect.

None of her statements above are true, not even opinion but she refuses to correct the record.

.. and whilst making a public and immediate resignation from her post, hasn't gone anywhere whilst she argues for her gong back.

She's straight out of the Johnson playbook.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
But does she though? Leaving aside the massive hypocrisy of suggesting there might be 'gongs' in wait for those that do their masters' bidding, 3 of the 4 Tories are already in safe seats and 2 are already knights of the realm. What exactly does she think they are being lined up for?

It's just the ranting of a fan-girl stooge who is having a strop because she has found out that all those years of work defending the indefensible won't get the pay-off she was promised.

It's amazing how gullible people can be.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
She doesn't have a point on anything. One of the worst (if not the worst) member of a front bench in living memory in a very competitive field.

2) Channel Five was more successful after being privatised. Channel 5 has never been publicly owned.
3) Channel Four used actors (as opposed to real people) in a documentary she appeared in. Subsequent investigations by Channels Four and the production company proved the statement to be incorrect.

None of her statements above are true, not even opinion but she refuses to correct the record.

.. and whilst making a public and immediate resignation from her post, hasn't gone anywhere whilst she argues for her gong back.

Yes, but when she's up against Failing Grayling and, my personal nadir, Gavin Williamson (as Education Secretary, of all things), that's some seriously stiff competition.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did I read that the inquiries outcome was voted on unanimously by the committee? if so the attacks on Harriet Harman are vile, but not unexpected. And as for mad Nad's :oops:
Unanimous. Yes.

Stand by for more lies and defamation from the Johnson gang.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
What the actual feck are you taking about?
Which is what?

That she will try anything to get herself a Damehood - by any means - even if it means putting other MP's at potential physical risk?

She is a thick drunken nutjob who has somehow brown nosed her way into a position of power.

FFS Lenny

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As others have said.....you're wrong on this occasion.

We are being offered (and some have been sold) the lie that anyone who investigates an MP for contempt of parliament is by definition corrupt and involved purely for personal gain.

Many years ago I was asked to investigate an accusation of scientific fraud, the complainant a contract research company (CRO). I wrote a very long report (52 pages, yes, I know :facepalm: ) that concluded that while there had been some sloppy work done by the accused, and that a published paper should be retracted, I could find no evidence of fraud. In this case the accused had nothing to gain from their sloppy mistakes. But....

The head of the CRO lost his shit and wrote to the principal of my university claiming that by not finding scientific fraud, I was therefore guilty myself of scientific fraud. My employer felt bound to undertake an examination. I was fully exonerated.

The committee investigating Johnson has my sympathies. They will certainly be hounded by the Johnson gang. It is a quite horrible look.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Supporters of Boris Johnson have vowed to target Conservative members of the privileges committee and Tory MPs who endorse its findings for deselection, as the aftermath of the report prompted vicious internal infighting.

One ally of the former prime minister said they expected Bernard Jenkin, the most senior Tory on the committee, which said Johnson misled parliament in denying any lockdown-breaking parties, could be a particular focus in his Harwich and North Essex seat.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No, she doesn’t. Not one. She’s just trying to smear the committee especially now they’ve been warned that calling it a kangaroo court is contempt of Parliament itself. (Ps she did yesterday)

And three of the Tory members of the committee have seats with massive majorities - only one is in a marginal. I'd be shocked if he moved however

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Supporters of Boris Johnson have vowed to target Conservative members of the privileges committee and Tory MPs who endorse its findings for deselection, as the aftermath of the report prompted vicious internal infighting.

One ally of the former prime minister said they expected Bernard Jenkin, the most senior Tory on the committee, which said Johnson misled parliament in denying any lockdown-breaking parties, could be a particular focus in his Harwich and North Essex seat.
I think they need to read the room. The tide has turned and whilst it is a small but vocal minority in support, everyone else thinks he’s a ****. Well I think he’s a ****, they most probably think he actually a bad egg.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017

Let's not forget Johnson is a man who, while a journalist, 'facilitated' an agreement by which fellow former Bullingdon Club acolyte Darius Guppy and a few thugs would beat up a rival journalist

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

And still doesn't know the difference between Rugby League and Union

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Let's not forget Johnson is a man who, while a journalist, 'facilitated' an agreement by which fellow former Bullingdon Club acolyte Darius Guppy and a few thugs would beat up a rival journalist

He got away with everything, this is one I remember clearly when he was London Mayor.

Oh and this one:

Personally I think there are questions to be asked about the composition of the Committee, the potential bias of the chair and a prominent member having a well known dislike him.

But I couldn't give a f@@@.

They got Al Capone on tax eventually didn't they ?

Bye bye Boris.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here