Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Listening to Nicky Campbell now....caller after caller complaining the Johnson has been badly treated and was doing a great job. Doing the right thing for the right reasons (in Ukraine). One bloke, half an hour or so, launched a bitter attack on the "Labour-supporting" BBC and accused Campbell of running a campaign against Johnson when he should instead be attacking Blair over "the war in Iraq".

There are some very odd people around, willing to shape a soothing narrative that confirms their biases, leaving the facts untouched and untroubled. Weird, and sad. Especially given they have a vote that has the same weight as my own :eek:.

Nothing wrong with criticising Blair over Iraq but that is ancient history - no different from criticising Oliver Cromwell over Ireland.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Genuinely depressing and, very worrying, the people and views that Truss and Sunak are pandering to.

It's really not far off Farage's recent speech to CPAC, he doesn't seem to bother hiding what he thinks these days

I'm not losing 15 minutes of my life to listen to that oddball waffling on.

During this campaign, Thickie has dissed 2 of our geographically closest PMs or whatever. That sort of diplomacy deserves a word I'd get reported for using.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It appears that if you elect a sufficiently incompetent, dishonest Government and give them a big enough majority, that they can totally f*** over a whole country's economy in less than 2 years.

You have to admit, whoever you support, that is pretty impressive :lolol:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Does Liz Truss know what NATO is, and that France is as much a part of it, as Britain?

Also in 2010 Cameron and Sarkozy signed a 50 year deal defence agreement?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2010/nov/02/anglo-french-defence-agreement

She isn't just stupid, she is dangerously stupid.

Liz Truss doesn’t know whether she is scratching her watch or winding her arse.

She does not have mental capacity.

She is going to get the U.K. into deep water. Deep water with turds floating around.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Liz Truss doesn’t know whether she is scratching her watch or winding her arse.

She does not have mental capacity.

She is going to get the U.K. into deep water. Deep water with turds floating around.

Fortunately, Emmanuel Macron has got the measure of her, and her predecessors.

[tweet]1563109772336852992[/tweet]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It appears that if you elect a sufficiently incompetent, dishonest Government and give them a big enough majority, that they can totally f*** over a whole country's economy in less than 2 years.

You have to admit, whoever you support, that is pretty impressive :lolol:

Even weirder is that it seems to be a global phenomenon - the economy really isn't great anywhere. Whether that is down to the global pandemic and a war in an important zone or if it's down to your guys putting a wine-drinking muppet with bad hair in charge of your country... could be the latter, but I'd say that is just a simplifcation of reality.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have zero doubt that Liz Truss will put British troops on the ground in Ukraine. No doubt. She wants to be Thatcher. She will try and get us into this conflict, guaranteed. And it'll be to save her own bacon near the next GE.

Mark my words.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Even weirder is that it seems to be a global phenomenon - the economy really isn't great anywhere. Whether that is down to the global pandemic and a war in an important zone or if it's down to your guys putting a wine-drinking muppet with bad hair in charge of your country... could be the latter, but I'd say that is just a simplifcation of reality.

I think that it's probably our perceptions of reality which is where the difference occurs. For instance, in my reality Sweden's inflation rate has just dropped from 8.7% to 8.5%, whilst Britain's has increased from from 9.4% to 10.1% :smokin:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Does Liz Truss know what NATO is, and that France is as much a part of it, as Britain?

Also in 2010 Cameron and Sarkozy signed a 50 year deal defence agreement?

She isn't just stupid, she is dangerously stupid.

Whilst she was playing to a gammon gallery there, there was no way saying anything so mind numbingly moronic was not going to go further. To call her as thick as mince seems unduly harsh on mince.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have zero doubt that Liz Truss will put British troops on the ground in Ukraine. No doubt. She wants to be Thatcher. She will try and get us into this conflict, guaranteed. And it'll be to save her own bacon near the next GE.

Mark my words.

Call me a weirdo but I'm not against that.

Well I wouldn't be if we had real leadership and a picture of what winning would look like.

Sitting back while Russia ****s Ukraine with equanimity is wrong.

That said I don't see cosplay Thatcher doing anything decisive. After all, what happened to the Chinse pork markets, and the disgrace of imported cheese? ???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Call me a weirdo but I'm not against that.

Well I wouldn't be if we had real leadership and a picture of what winning would look like.

Sitting back while Russia ****s Ukraine with equanimity is wrong.

That said I don't see cosplay Thatcher doing anything decisive. After all, what happened to the Chinse pork markets, and the disgrace of imported cheese? ???

There is definitely an argument for troops going into Ukraine to put the Russians back in their place. But these are not decisions that should be left to a mentally defective individual like Liz Truss.

But as you say, she can’t even decide what voice to use from one day to the next so I will expect some dithering on an Alzheimer’s scale.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
There is definitely an argument for troops going into Ukraine to put the Russians back in their place. But these are not decisions that should be left to a mentally defective individual like Liz Truss.

But as you say, she can’t even decide what voice to use from one day to the next so I will expect some dithering on an Alzheimer’s scale.

Whilst I share many of your concerns re Liz Truss, I have long thought she is merely a puppet for those behind her.

And it is those behind her that concern me the most.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whilst I share many of your concerns re Liz Truss, I have long thought she is merely a puppet for those behind her.

And it is those behind her that concern me the most.

I fear she may have ideas of becoming a real girl.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The energy crisis is a classic case of the Tory’s and big business seizing an opportunity to remove savings from decent working people and transfer that money into the bank accounts of the ultra wealthy. They never miss an opportunity to thieve and level down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here