Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Truss has done her best to distance herself from Britannia Unchained and even tried to blame poor old Dominic Raab in the first debate

But this just reaffirms what we already knew, she hates British workers, they drag us down

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Liz for Leadership talks Britain* down.

* well, its workers who also constitute the majority of the electorate, and not the pensioners that will put her into office.

Problem is, there will be quite a few that agree with her. They will rail against how hard they work and how everyone else is lazy and sponging. Probably be discussed at their first tea break 10 minutes after arriving at Doris' house and telling her the price has gone up 35%

*Note for the hard of thinking. This is known as satire before you get all broflakey.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Oh dear. Tory voter all my life although didn't vote Brexit. Voted for Boris to stop Corbyn & Co bringing our country to a standstill. But I didn't elect either Sunak or Truss and the more the leadership battle goes on, the more I wouldn't vote the Tories back in. Obviously that's the simple version. So now it's up to Labour to make themselves electable and earn my vote. Surely it couldn't be easier?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
So now it's up to Labour to make themselves electable and earn my vote. Surely it couldn't be easier?

I'm sure Starmer will do his best.

d5a13357580f34ad2be708c440c69f0d--step-guide-barrels.jpg

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Oh dear. Tory voter all my life although didn't vote Brexit. Voted for Boris to stop Corbyn & Co bringing our country to a standstill. But I didn't elect either Sunak or Truss and the more the leadership battle goes on, the more I wouldn't vote the Tories back in. Obviously that's the simple version. So now it's up to Labour to make themselves electable and earn my vote. Surely it couldn't be easier?

It appears that you have no understanding what you actually voted for or how Parliamentary democracy works in Britain.

I'm afraid that if you don't reside in Uxbridge then you didn't vote for Boris and what you actually voted for was exactly what you have got, this latest f***wittery with Sunak and Truss. You also voted for another 2 and a bit years of it before you get to have another go :facepalm:

It appears that you can only choose between the Tories and Labour but to be honest, if it was me, I wouldn't put too much effort into trying to 'earn your vote' given the fairly good chances of some lying charlatan from the other side mugging you of your vote with a couple of slogans before the election :wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Why? How bad do things have to get before you decide that actually it’s largely irrelevant what Labour are doing, I simply cannot bring myself to vote Tory?

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London

Interested to know how you feel that went.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why? How bad do things have to get before you decide that actually it’s largely irrelevant what Labour are doing, I simply cannot bring myself to vote Tory?

We're there already, one party believes in democracy and the rule of domestic and international law, the other doesn't.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
The veteran retailer Stuart Rose has urged the government to do more to shield the poorest from double-digit inflation, describing the lack of action as “horrifying”, with a prime minister “on shore leave” leaving a situation where “nobody is in charge”.

Responding to July’s 10.1% headline rate, the Conservative peer and Asda chair said: “We have been very, very slow in recognising this train coming down the tunnel and it’s run quite a lot of people over and we now have to deal with the aftermath.”

Attacking a lack of leadership while Boris Johnson is away on holiday, he said: “We’ve got to have some action. The captain of the ship is on shore leave, right, nobody’s in charge at the moment.”

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I know close to naff all about politics and have nearly as much interest in it. However, what I see is a very divided country, with – amazingly – people who still support the Tories/government*. Those are the people that if/when there is a Labour government will be as vocal in their disgust at what is going on as those who hate the tories now. Starmer (or whoever is Labour leader) will not have a magic wand to fix the current mess the country is in, but then nor will Sunak or Truss, so I'm really not sure where we go.

My suggestion would be for a combined Conservative/Labour government to try and represent as many people as they can and come to some sort of 'fairness' for everyone. But that's clearly never going to happen.

*That's said as someone who is essentially politically agnostic – I'll largely argue against whoever is in charge, because they nearly always have their own interests – not anyone else's – at heart.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
WTAF!!

You think this bunch deserve the power to shape the response to this bunches **** ups!

I think that, in the long-term, there should be some kind of hybrid government formed from both 'sides', but that's not saying that anyone involved in the current shitshow should be involved. I guess it's a bit like taking cross-parliamentary groups to the next level.

Clearly, it would take a lot of thought, effort and negotiation for anything like that to be even considered, which is why it will never happen :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Let me guess, Mid Sussex? Did it occur to you why Sir Nicholas Soames was an Independent for six weeks before the Dec 19 election? I know he's 74 but why he refused to stand again?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I know close to naff all about politics and have nearly as much interest in it. However, what I see is a very divided country, with – amazingly – people who still support the Tories/government*. Those are the people that if/when there is a Labour government will be as vocal in their disgust at what is going on as those who hate the tories now. Starmer (or whoever is Labour leader) will not have a magic wand to fix the current mess the country is in, but then nor will Sunak or Truss, so I'm really not sure where we go.

My suggestion would be for a combined Conservative/Labour government to try and represent as many people as they can and come to some sort of 'fairness' for everyone. But that's clearly never going to happen.

*That's said as someone who is essentially politically agnostic – I'll largely argue against whoever is in charge, because they nearly always have their own interests – not anyone else's – at heart.

We don't need a combined Conservative/Labour government but what we do need is Electoral reform!!

Ditch FPTP reform the HOL, give the electoral commission proper power and keep it well away from the ruling executive, Johnson has also demonstrated we need a written constitution. He may be gone but legacy leaves on lasting stain on our political system.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Let me guess, Mid Sussex? Did it occur to you why Sir Nicholas Soames was an Independent for six weeks before the Dec 19 election? I know he's 74 but why he refused to stand again?

Difficult to tell. He didn't reply to any of my emails on anything:lolol:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
It appears that you have no understanding what you actually voted for or how Parliamentary democracy works in Britain.

I'm afraid that if you don't reside in Uxbridge then you didn't vote for Boris and what you actually voted for was exactly what you have got, this latest f***wittery with Sunak and Truss. You also voted for another 2 and a bit years of it before you get to have another go :facepalm:

It appears that you can only choose between the Tories and Labour but to be honest, if it was me, I wouldn't put too much effort into trying to 'earn your vote' given the fairly good chances of some lying charlatan from the other side mugging you of your vote with a couple of slogans before the election :wink:

You come across as the sort of Labour supporter that puts me off voting Labour. Slag off the Tories who are pretty fair game at the moment and slag off the very voters Labour needs to turn. Whatever understanding I have, I have managed to grasp that throughout my life, apart from a brief flirtation with the LibDems, there actually is only a choice between Tories and Labour.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I agree a proper coalition government following Proportional Representation is going to help this country again. There is too much of one party changing everything the previous one did, finger pointing to say it was all their fault etc.
We need politicians to act like adults to run the country and not in it for themselves.

Justice is not something that should be thrown around like a ball. Health likewise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here