Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Take the piss at your peril. The tories have an election to fight in 2 years and know that the only chance that they have or retaining a majority is by making it all about Brexit. This sort of blame-the-EU-for-everything rhetoric appeals to people that put Johnson firmly into power in 2019.

Exactly. I've almost given up hope that the brexit cultists will at any point reflect on the damage it's done to the country. No, far more pressing issues facing us like trans rights and being ant woke.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Will they still fall for this rubbish when they have been shivering and starving in their red-wall houses for 2 years...that's if they have not been repossessed of course.

Sadly, a lot probably will. They’ll be told that the EU is to blame and that only the conservative PM (probably Truss) can get Brexit done properly over the next 5 years.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
for anyone who believe the Tories are best at handling the economy

torydebt.jpg

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Papa New Guinea has got our number.

[tweet]1556582470262341633[/tweet]

The nobody can afford a meter line is beautiful.

I was about to post that myself - just brilliant!

My favourite snippet: "the birthplace of Newtonian physics... ...is now likely to be led by a woman so dense that light bends around her"

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I'll leave this little nugget here

Pressure is mounting on the government to announce a fresh support package for struggling households as energy bills are now forecast to top £4,200 from January.

The consultancy Cornwall Insight said on Tuesday that it expected the energy price cap to reach £4,266 a year for the first three months of next year.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'll leave this little nugget here

Pressure is mounting on the government to announce a fresh support package for struggling households as energy bills are now forecast to top £4,200 from January.

The consultancy Cornwall Insight said on Tuesday that it expected the energy price cap to reach £4,266 a year for the first three months of next year.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

same source predicted £3,615 a week ago, things are changing under our feet. https://www.cornwall-insight.com/pr...cantly-above-3000-a-year-until-at-least-2024/
eventually we'll realise the base cost of energy is the problem, and maybe address that.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Before someone else points this out, I have my doubts that the above article is from a PNG publication but it's great nonetheless.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Exactly. I've almost given up hope that the brexit cultists will at any point reflect on the damage it's done to the country. No, far more pressing issues facing us like trans rights and being ant woke.

Brexit is the gift that keeps giving for the cultists - in their eyes it will never have been properly done, and they can keep blaming the EU for every disaster they bring upon us. And remember, the trade deal needs to be reviewed by 2026 (and every 5 years after that), so the petty squabbles and negotiations will continue to distract us, eat up time, and generally get in the way of us ever being able to focus on the REAL issues.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Brexit is the gift that keeps giving for the cultists - in their eyes it will never have been properly done, and they can keep blaming the EU for every disaster they bring upon us. And remember, the trade deal needs to be reviewed by 2026 (and every 5 years after that), so the petty squabbles and negotiations will continue to distract us, eat up time, and generally get in the way of us ever being able to focus on the REAL issues.

'look over there!' tactic... and it works on the terminally gullible. Thank you, clear and accurate post....

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
[tweet]1557078216249987073[/tweet]

Is this shit for brains really one of the best we’ve got ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Fortunately the Cult of Brexit gets smaller and smaller as the days clock by.

More and more people will care about affording food, heating and vehicle fuel more than some abstract idea which when it comes to it doesn't actually put food on the table, and instead just causes aggro to their lives.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'm beginning to think that these 2 are doing their best to lose the vote. Its a shame that they both can't lose. What a fukken sad state of affairs.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1557078216249987073[/tweet]

Is this shit for brains really one of the best we’ve got ?

Aren’t we supposed to be retiring farmers and flooding the market with cheap hormone beef from Oz?

Make ya mind up Lizzy..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm beginning to think that these 2 are doing their best to lose the vote. Its a shame that they both can't lose. What a fukken sad state of affairs.

Getting either of these is like a choice between contracting typhoid and cholera.

Some of the policies aimed at Tory members are borderline fascistic

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
We have an impending (if not already here) cost of living crisis which the 'prospective' Prime Ministers are refusing to debate and instead, we have this desperate scramble for votes

Truss backs powers to override financial watchdogs, says FT
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/truss-backs-powers-to-override-financial-watchdogs-says-ft/ar-AA10uG1P?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAnZ9Ug

Liz Truss's cost-of-living plan is 'suicidal', Lord Howard warns
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/other/liz-trusss-cost-of-living-plan-is-suicidal-lord-howard-warns/ar-AA10v8RL?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBoPWjQ

Rishi Sunak video vowing to shred EU rules branded ‘absurdly stupid and irresponsible’
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/rishi-sunak-video-vowing-to-shred-eu-rules-branded-absurdly-stupid-and-irresponsible/ar-AA10rjID?ocid=mailsignout&cvid=ba195dbc85c24744afd02812b65d7647

Liz Truss: I’d vote to scrap investigation into whether Boris Johnson lied over partygate
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/08/09/abandon-kangaroo-court-whether-boris-johnson-lied-partygate/

Rishi Sunak defends move to take funding from deprived urban areas
https://www.itv.com/news/2022-08-09/rishi-sunak-defends-move-to-take-funding-from-deprived-urban-areas

How the F*** did we get here :shrug:

Don't bother, it's rhetorical and I think the penny is starting to drop, even for the terminally naïve :glare:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm so bored of this, now. When do all the ***** actually vote for which **** gets to erode our quality of life still further?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here