Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Truss putting the knife into Dominic Raab over Britainnia Unchained

That’s pure gold

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ. How can Sunak bear to be in the room with someone so much dimmer than him?

She will win the contest though.

Nobody* likes a shouty Indian.

*Among the geriatric blue rinse voters who have a vote in this contest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Yes agree - Rishy is butting in far too much but overall it’s really dire and indicative of the low quality of leadership candidates. I can’t say I was inspired by Keir’s speech this morning but generally the opposition has a stronger team imo. BJ surrounded himself with mediocre politicians in the Cabinet and that is coming to fruition now.
Labour HAS to be getting its act together now. They and whatever partners needed MUST replace this shower of a Govt asap

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rishy should let her speak. The more she speaks the more clueless she appears.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
B3E58A76-D228-4B99-9922-653261CF68FC.jpeg

When you hear Rishi speak, Does anybody else think of Will from The Inbetweeners ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The sad thing is after the election these two will be in government together, air kissing each other and bigging each other up.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ooh it’s a corner;10328783 said:
Yes agree - Rishy is butting in far too much but overall it’s really dire and indicative of the low quality of leadership candidates. I can’t say I was inspired by Keir’s speech this morning but generally the opposition has a stronger team imo. BJ surrounded himself with mediocre politicians in the Cabinet and that is coming to fruition now.
Labour HAS to be getting its act together now. They and whatever partners needed MUST replace this shower of a Govt asap

Sunak is actually a very smart individual with a strong track record of senior positions so I'm not sure if he is low quality. Whether his lived experiences have equipped him with the necessary empathy, understanding and compassion to lead the country at this point is another matter of course. What does seem apparent is that freed from the shackles of Johnson, he is far more on the front foot.

Given that there can be no other outcome than one of these two becoming the next PM, it seems clear to me Sunak is the far better option.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Climate change proposals shows it’s not a priority

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The correct answer to any question about military action is 'of course I'm not going to reveal the UK's strategy'. Both of these dimbots ****ed that one up. :facepalm:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Liz's voice is malfunctioning ???

It's reverting back to Liz-before-voice-coaching

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Sunak is actually a very smart individual with a strong track record of senior positions so I'm not sure if he is low quality. Whether his lived experiences have equipped him with the necessary empathy, understanding and compassion to lead the country at this point is another matter of course. What does seem apparent is that freed from the shackles of Johnson, he is far more on the front foot.

Given that there can be no other outcome than one of these two becoming the next PM, it seems clear to me Sunak is the far better option.

Oh yes I agree completely - he is the least bad of the available options. I still stand by my view of the Govt as a whole

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If Sunak doesn't win I don't reckon he will hang around in Parliament for long.

Maybe. I have always liked him (and as you know I'm a member of the sweaty socks party). He seems like a non-partisan patrician, with a long view, and a working mind.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have to say that, look, y'know, Rishi sounds a lot like Tony Blair.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Liz's voice is malfunctioning ???

It's reverting back to Liz-before-voice-coaching

I think that's a good thing.

Slagging off your upbringing isn't a good look.

Rishi gets the first and only clap of the night!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here