Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Even Truss’s own father refused to campaign for her when she went stood for election to Parliament as a conservative.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As I thought ... your 'apology' yesterday wasn't exactly sincere!

Are you wearing your 'All Tories Are Sc*m' t-shirt today?

No.

I’m wearing a rather nice Massimo Dutti shirt. Made in a light cotton and linen blend. Perfect for the recent spell of lovely weather. Not too loose, not too tailored. White with sky blue pinstripe. Just the thing!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I really don’t think so. The Liberals still irrelevant. Labour without its 2019 vote losers (Corbyn and its EU policy) will, in my opinion, walk it. There is now no reason for the northern red wall to vote blue.

Look at the blue wall in the south crumbling.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Not a chance. Even with Starmer, Labour will get in, propped up by the SNP (at the price IndyRef2), and a few LibDems in the South.

I can’t see Labour agreeing to that. Much better to win the seats back from the SNP. Scotland is split on independence, despite what the SNP would have us believe. Labour needs those seats back as much as it needs the north of England. Labour is also much more of a threat to the SNP than the Tories are, despite the rhetoric from Sturgeon and the rest.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Pathetic

[tweet]1550049436482641921[/tweet]

Skip committees, delay damaging reports, prop up liars. And people still happy to vote for them.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Not a chance. Even with Starmer, Labour will get in, propped up by the SNP (at the price IndyRef2), and a few LibDems in the South.

Starmer will never sanction indyref 2. Jocko Independence would equal death for labour. He'd rather stay in opposition.

In any case, this will be the Tories main election campaign attack line. Starmer will have to unequivocally rule out an SNP coalition

I can see a Labour minority government and a confidence and supply type arrangement with the SNP, but that won't come cheap.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Starmer will never sanction indyref 2. Jocko Independence would equal death for labour. He'd rather stay in opposition.

In any case, this will be the Tories main election campaign attack line. Starmer will have to unequivocally rule out an SNP coalition

I can see a Labour minority government and a confidence and supply type arrangement with the SNP, but that won't come cheap.

He has

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/ukne...lection-deal-with-snp-says-starmer/ar-AAZmGuy

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

You're right of course.

More interesting is to look at this from the Scottish side.

As Blackford has specifically said yesterday, the SNP are doing very well out of this tory government.

The interests of the nation of Scotland is for a sensible, inclusive Labour government. The interests of the SNP is for ongoing tory chaos. Would they consent to propping up a minority Labour government? I'm unsure

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
But ultimately there is only one chance long term of preserving the union of the UK. To make peace with Europe and probably to rejoin the single market. Starmer absolutely can't campaign for that on this election and it is out of the question for the next parliament.

I believe he will win the election with a small majority. Then explicitly make the case for application for the single market as a last ditch attempt to prevent the break up of the UK at the next election.

Plenty of water to go under the bridge before then, not least when we lose the queen, one of the most important bits of glue binding the UK together will no longer be there. An enormous challenge.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The sad thing is, I think they’ll win the next GE.

We shouldn't underestimate the erosion of democracy by the Tories. The introduction of voter ID will deprive many of those in the lowest social group a vote, then there's boundaries, the electoral commission and so on.

The Tories are mid way through a Victor Orban style project...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Pathetic

[tweet]1550049436482641921[/tweet]

Skip committees, delay damaging reports, prop up liars. And people still happy to vote for them.

This is why Pritti Patel is refusing to appear before the Home Office affairs committee.

In the meantime

[tweet]1549993750012825600[/tweet]

Parliament is sovereign in this country, and trade deals have to be ratified in the House. We are almost in a dictatorship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here