Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
No problem. I guess I thought with the departure of Boris a new era of mature political debate might break out. I guess the truth is that Emily and your good self just love the new era of Trumpian politics too much.

Sometimes you say sensible things, but then you come out with this sort of crap :shrug:

In case you've forgotten, you campaigned for and voted for Johnson all over NSC twice across 6 years, the second time to run the country for 5 years. I know that since then, you have tried to claim he was simply a 'useful buffoon' obviously simply a pawn in your master plan, and that was why you voted for him, but the simple fact is that if you had got what you voted for, he'd still be in charge for another 2 years :facepalm:

Maybe you can see why people may think your quote above using Johnson as some sort of example of immature political debate, may display a certain lack of culpability ???

Last edited:

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I disagree [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION], I would much rather read a post which has been researched and includes the published findings than to click a link not knowing whether it is relevant or interests me. Each to his/her own admittedly. I personally appreciate a direct avenue to a posters information rather than a link to a tweet which invariably leads onto other links which although can be interesting really waste my time. At this point I would like to thank [MENTION=33965]FatSuperman[/MENTION] for his excellent post and content.

Thanks Golddene. I did appreciate Sims’ call out though - I intended to post Russ’ links as there is more content on there. And he’s a bloody good follow if you want to depress yourself with the state of affairs in this gov. But yep I thought the content was worth posting directly with a few edits for clarity.

Russ does a fairly regular ‘week in Tory’ wrap up of what they’ve been up to, and honestly it’s utterly bewildering how much sleaze they can achieve in a handful of days.

Fats

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sometimes you say sensible things, but then you come out with this sort of crap :shrug:

In case you've forgotten, you campaigned for and voted for Johnson all over NSC twice across 6 years, the second time to run the country for 5 years. I know that since then, you have tried to claim he was simply a 'useful buffoon' obviously simply a pawn in your master plan, and that was why you voted for him, but the simple fact is that if you had got what you voted for, he'd still be in charge for another 2 years :facepalm:

Maybe you can see why people may think your quote above using Johnson as some sort of example of immature political debate, may display a certain lack of culpability ???

I suppose you are a better example. To be fair.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We've only ourselves to blame if the awful Liz Truss is the next PM.

People need to join the Tory Party to get a vote on future PMs.

I'll be joining in summer 2023 - when current financial "challenges" are finally behind me - purely to vote for future sane Tories in leadership contests and to dilute the blukip vote.

I wish loads of others would do the same.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

I'll be joining in summer 2023 - when current financial "challenges" are finally behind me - purely to vote for future sane Tories in leadership contests and to dilute the blukip vote.

Think you'd be better making a donation to an opposition party to get the Tories out. We won't see another leadership contest before the next election

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Think you'd be better making a donation to an opposition party to get the Tories out. We won't see another leadership contest before the next election
Don't think just a donation to Labour will do the trick. Anneliese Dodds popped up on TV looking like she'd just got out of bed and thrown on yesterday's clothes. Hair a mess and showing her grey roots. Yes, I'd criticise a man for poor appearance too. First impressions count. Content wise, she played the classic politician's card that makes them unpopular. Wouldn't answer questions and treated it like a party political broadcast, spouting on about the bad Tory years and what it would have been like if Labour had been in power instead. Which they weren't and with good reason. Still no answer to the question. A perfect example of who I wouldn't vote for if she were standing as an MP.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We won't see another leadership contest before the next election

I wouldn't bet on that. IDS was kicked out before he fought an election - the Tories are ruthless when it comes to deposing leaders. If Truss is bombing in the polls, she'll be out on her ear

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

I agree to an extent but I don’t believe we are to blame.
Why should one have to join a party like the conservatives to try and ensure liars, cheaters, and incompetent nincompoops don’t end up in office.
Our whole political system is ****ed but even that being the case, I could not in all good conscience have my name associated with that nest of r-soles.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Our political system is out dated first past the post gives us more often than not terrible government’s with this current one the worst I have seen with the worst PM possibly in the history of the UK Boris was uselessI am no expert but I could see he was not up to the job and wrote to my MP Tim Loughton pleading with him not to vote for him pointing out his lies the fact he had been sacked from every job, I was instead urging him to supper Rory Stewart, Tim wrote back defending Boris dismissing my concerns out of hand before it was put to the blue rinse brigade who ultimately choose Boris and it’s all the same people

That's not the fault of the system. It's the people.

Tory MP on the radio this morning explaining why he is supporting Sunak:

"I voted remain, as did Liz Truss. Now we have left the EU we need a prime minister who supported Brexit from the start".

Christ. And people will nod in agreement with that.

PR won't save us from this, and we will always end up with the governments we deserve.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
From the archives

[tweet]1549876085352980482[/tweet]

I do hope she wins the 'race'. It will be comedy gold. Short-lived comedy gold, but gold nevertheless.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here