Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
And then there were two... Sunak and Truss.

Just eight votes between Truss and Mourdant.

Mordaunt seemed the best if those 3. The party almost split equally into thirds is not a good look. I think the Tory members will vote for tax cuts but will end up with 10+ year or Starmer as Truss will get found out pretty quickly. She is awful.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Say hello to the new PM

EJBsQI6W4AIlxjM.jpg

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Cosplay Thatcher vs the Law-breaking Lightweight

This is fantastic. A whole summer of the Tories destroying themselves. Marvellous. I'll get the beers in.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I am questioning why she got the endorsement in the first place. I am also pointing out that illiberal views on other subjects may well come with the territory of migration from illiberal parts of the world. The old comfort zones of tolerant, white, western society do not necessarily apply in the modern world. Finally, I am also saying that this endorsement didn’t do her much good in the leadership race…..
PS, I only mentioned it because I have seen no-one else questioning this episode. Perhaps people are believing what they want to believe.

I really think it's quite simple. As an extreme right winger, she and Britain first have an awful lot of policies and political beliefs in common and that is why they endorsed her. I really don't think there is anything more to it :shrug:

It looks like this subject may have just been sidelined and surpassed :wink:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Would the members vote for someone of colour?

I think they would. Although there will naturally be a small percentage straight into the Maggie impersonator's camp..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am questioning why she got the endorsement in the first place. I am also pointing out that illiberal views on other subjects may well come with the territory of migration from illiberal parts of the world. The old comfort zones of tolerant, white, western society do not necessarily apply in the modern world. Finally, I am also saying that this endorsement didn’t do her much good in the leadership race…..
PS, I only mentioned it because I have seen no-one else questioning this episode. Perhaps people are believing what they want to believe.

Fair enough. I guess, from my point of view, I didn't find the endorsement odd. Nor her apparent lack of disavowal of it.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I really think it's quite simple. As an extreme right winger, she and Britain first have an awful lot of policies and political beliefs in common and that is why they endorsed her. I really don't think there is anything more to it :shrug:

It looks like this subject may have just been sidelined and surpassed :wink:

Yeah, fair enough. I’m sure it will rear its head in the future though, at which point we can resume our debate on whether or not her blackness might be a dealbreaker for Britain First and friends :thumbsup:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Definitely not. Truss is quite pale which should increase her vote significantly over average women. Hang on though, I forgot, she’s a woman. They definitely won’t vote for her.

All joking aside, Liz 'it's a puppet' Truss was looking very pale on the ITV debate the other day, she really did not look well at all. Like she's been living in a cave for the past few years.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As I may have mentioned once or twice before, we are totally f***ed economically, probably for the next decade, whatever happens in this 'leadership race' by the last 2.5 years of total f***wittery :shootself

So, as a bemused bystander, the disappointment I suffered when they said no more of those 'debates', has just been surpassed by Liz Truss making the final two. Absolutely tremendous entertainment value :clap::clap::clap:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Yeah but Truss won't get to the membership with Rees-Mogg and Dorries as her primary backers. I agree that the more right wing candidate will win the members vote, which is why its the job of the MPs to make sure the most right wing ones are filtered out beforehand. Although I wouldn't put it past them to nominate Badenoch.

My money is on Sunak and Mourdant as the final two, with Mourdant winning, but I wouldn't stake too much on it.

This aged well :ffsparr:

Truss, jeez...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I feel sorry for this country but PM Truss is going to result in some extremely funny moments.

After the last 6 years we're once again getting the PM we deserve, I'm afraid. We handed in our "sensible country" card in June 2016 and now we're basically just being the class clown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here