Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Heartwarming to hear Johnson give his valedictory presentation.

My god, he is clearly the most momentous giant of a PM in our history.

The tory MPs are giving him a standing ovation.

And yet....and yet they have just stabbed him in the back.

What a delusional and rum lot these tory MPs are.

Tory MPs should be ashamed; bunch of hypocritical ********. Maybe they were up cheering and clapping because the bungle**** was ****ing off but it didn't look like that to me.

Vote Tory and get an insincere, hypocritical, untrustworthy ****wit.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
seem obvious. too many are concerned about what that might do to labour markets and attracting economic migration, if we accept they're going to stay let them contribute as soon as possible.

Yes, Philippa Stroud, Baroness representing the tories in the House of Lords proposed an amendment to allow it after six months.

She took apart the 'pull factor' argument at the same time: https://www.politicshome.com/thehou...right-to-work-after-six-months-is-commonsense

If memory serves, she was threatened with the withdrawal of the Tory whip as a result. Its an obvious and economically sound solution to two current issues in the UK: the cost of the asylum process and the shortages in the labour market. Resistance to it, IMHO is solely for political gain. Asylum is a wedge issue that scares voters into siding with the right. If the problem is reduced, and the cost is reduced, so is the fear.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This must be bollocks then https://www.cityam.com/30000-uk-hot...ome-office-every-day-to-house-asylum-seekers/

UP to 30,000 hotel rooms across the UK are being requisitioned by the Home Office every day to house asylum seekers waiting for their claims to be processed.

A total of 37,000 asylum seekers are currently in hotel accommodation, at a cost to the UK taxpayer of almost £5m a day, according to a GB News report.

As the Government acknowledges the increasing reliance on hotels is “unsustainable”, the first of around 1,500 asylum seekers are expected to arrive at a former RAF base in North Yorkshire this week.

The move, which has enraged local people in the nearby village of Linton-on-Ouse, is part of a package of measures to help tackle the growing asylum seekers accommodation crisis and reduce the need for costly hotels.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...crossing-migrants-dominos-pizza-b1935008.html

Home Office spent thousands on Domino’s pizza for Channel migrants

Is all of this good (well done Boris!) or bad (labour local authorities - boo!).

Nice to see you have decided to step up to the plate now PPF has 'vanished' and potg has been repeatedly ridiculed. I didn't think you had it in you :shrug:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I didn't know that the homeless people in this country are migrants , thanks for the info

Well now you do. A very significant percentage of them:https://www.crisis.org.uk/ending-ho...tions/chapter-12-ending-migrant-homelessness/.

I know that your remark was intended as sarcasm, but its obvious that those with no recourse to public funds will make up a good percentage of those sleeping rough. Where did you think they all go? To the luxury penthouse flats that The Daily Mail would have us all believe are provided on the public purse?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well now you do. A very significant percentage of them:https://www.crisis.org.uk/ending-ho...tions/chapter-12-ending-migrant-homelessness/.

I know that your remark was intended as sarcasm, but its obvious that those with no recourse to public funds will make up a good percentage of those sleeping rough. Where did you think they all go? To the luxury penthouse flats that The Daily Mail would have us all believe are provided on the public purse?

Another part of the nobber narrative is that once we have left the EU we will be able to control our borders. We have had 12 years of tory misrule and have had 'control' since before we left the EU and yet someone, not the conservatives of course, is responsible for tens of thousands of illegal immigrants being housed in luxury in hotels.

Who do you think is responsible for that [MENTION=13923]carlzeiss[/MENTION]? Jeremy Corbyn? I don't think that blaming your ingnorance (and nastiness) on your poor education will wash in the long run. I'd stick with the music threads if I were you. You are way out of your depth. Disappointing, too. With Das Reich gone I thought we might be spared the tedious tomfoolery .

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
This must be bollocks then https://www.cityam.com/30000-uk-hot...ome-office-every-day-to-house-asylum-seekers/

UP to 30,000 hotel rooms across the UK are being requisitioned by the Home Office every day to house asylum seekers waiting for their claims to be processed.

A total of 37,000 asylum seekers are currently in hotel accommodation, at a cost to the UK taxpayer of almost £5m a day, according to a GB News report.

As the Government acknowledges the increasing reliance on hotels is “unsustainable”, the first of around 1,500 asylum seekers are expected to arrive at a former RAF base in North Yorkshire this week.

The move, which has enraged local people in the nearby village of Linton-on-Ouse, is part of a package of measures to help tackle the growing asylum seekers accommodation crisis and reduce the need for costly hotels.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...crossing-migrants-dominos-pizza-b1935008.html

Home Office spent thousands on Domino’s pizza for Channel migrants

I would guess there is a difference between “asylum seekers whose claims are being processed” and people who are just being rescued off inflatable boats in the channel.

It is actually possible that different people get different treatment, even if they are in the same cohort.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fair enough, but they are pretty common views in Africa. She has Nigerian parents and was partly brought up in Lagos. I just think it unusual that a British white supremicist group would be endorsing someone of her colour and background for those reasons. I just think it odd.

Have you never heard of an 'uncle Tom'? If I were a racist I would be all over her. She's pure gold. What more powerful voice is there for sending them all back than one of their own?

There were black NF supporters in the 70s. I remember seing a couple interviewed. I knew a black student when I was at uni who supported the NF. Posh public schoolboy. Wouldn't listen to 'left wing' reason.

Anyway, as others have shown, the support of Britain First for this person is a fact, regardless of how many people find it to be peculiar. Personally I have no curiosity about what they say their reasons are, or whether they love their dear old mum, or can think of nothing nicer than a lovely cup of tea. :shrug:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Fair enough, but they are pretty common views in Africa. She has Nigerian parents and was partly brought up in Lagos. I just think it unusual that a British white supremicist group would be endorsing someone of her colour and background for those reasons. I just think it odd.

I'm not sure Britain First are white supremacists. Perhaps some of them. They will endorse anyone with extreme right wing views. And if that person is British born BAME they care not. In a sense, they will see it as an objection response for them too. Win win.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I put it in the same category as Pritti Patel who's parents came here from Uganda in the 60s but wants to deport asylum seekers to Rwanda, a place acknowledged to have poor human rights record. A policy supported by Badenoch as well.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Have you never heard of an 'uncle Tom'? If I were a racist I would be all over her. She's pure gold. What more powerful voice is there for sending them all back than one of their own?

There were black NF supporters in the 70s. I remember seing a couple interviewed. I knew a black student when I was at uni who supported the NF. Posh public schoolboy. Wouldn't listen to 'left wing' reason.

Anyway, as others have shown, the support of Britain First for this person is a fact, regardless of how many people find it to be peculiar. Personally I have no curiosity about what they say their reasons are, or whether they love their dear old mum, or can think of nothing nicer than a lovely cup of tea. :shrug:

Yes, I have. Don’t like it much. Best to steer clear of inflammatory language towards people based on the colour of their skin. I am going to continue to take a view of her abilities as a politician based purely on her abilities as a politician.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
That was an article worth reading - thank you.

Interesting that our next PM was also accused of "vilifying the trans community" when she was equalities minister.

they didnt, both Mordaunt and Badenoch made statements that many see as observation, other say is a vile attack on the trans community. the problem is rather than allow healthy discussion on a difficult and nuance subject, some will violently shut down debate with *phobia claims and abuse.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, I have. Don’t like it much. Best to steer clear of inflammatory language towards people based on the colour of their skin. I am going to continue to take a view of her abilities as a politician based purely on her abilities as a politician.

I put it in inverted commas. It was an explanation for a phenomenon you appeared to question. The posts were not about her abilities (covered elsewhere) but about who was supporting her.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I put it in inverted commas. It was an explanation for a phenomenon you appered to question. The posts were not about her abilities (covered elsewhere) but about who was supporting her.

I am questioning why she got the endorsement in the first place. I am also pointing out that illiberal views on other subjects may well come with the territory of migration from illiberal parts of the world. The old comfort zones of tolerant, white, western society do not necessarily apply in the modern world. Finally, I am also saying that this endorsement didn’t do her much good in the leadership race…..
PS, I only mentioned it because I have seen no-one else questioning this episode. Perhaps people are believing what they want to believe.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here