Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
This may well boil down to two shirtless Tory's in The Strangers Bar, arm wrestling for the role :lolol:

This is definitely Johnson's "Get Big Dog Back In The Kennel" strategy coming into effect. By the time every declared candidate has been mauled by the press to the point where they withdraw from the contest, the only options left for the membership to choose between will be Boris Johnson and Chris Pincher.

Stop the world, I wanna get off.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is definitely Johnson's "Get Big Dog Back In The Kennel" strategy coming into effect. By the time every declared candidate has been mauled by the press to the point where they withdraw from the contest, the only options left for the membership to choose between will be Boris Johnson and Chris Pincher.

Stop the world, I wanna get off.

Yep, this is one of the reasons he wanted to stay on. They are all a bunch of morons for letting him get his way again.

Jesus! Imagine if Johnson used his powers for good! We'd be living in a utopia.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Back to basics II for the Tories?

If only the issue was just Johnson for them, its not. They have a real problem, how many of them stood up against the Paterson scandal?

I need reminding....

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Do Johnson and his wife actually have a home of their own at present? Did they keep her flat in south London (That of "Get off my ****ing laptop!" fame). Or did they sell it?

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Someone on another forum brought up an interesting theory ---- Madge can't be around for much longer, if she goes before he's booted out he'll declare a constitutional crisis and demand to stay in position too ' steady the ship ' and hope that all the kerfuffle blows over - it won't...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Someone on another forum brought up an interesting theory ---- Madge can't be around for much longer, if she goes before he's booted out he'll declare a constitutional crisis and demand to stay in position too ' steady the ship ' and hope that all the kerfuffle blows over - it won't...

Her mother lived to 104, so hopefully she’ll last that long. She only has mobility problems at present.
From a constitutional point of view, the armed forces serve her, not the PM.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Nice theory but the monarchy really doesn't work like that. It's "The King is dead. Long live the King!" They have been effecting seamless transitions from one sovereign to the next for centuries. The moment the queen passes, her heir becomes monarch and it really is as simple as that. No drama, no constitutional crisis.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I don't like popcorn. Can anyone suggest something to nibble on over the next few weeks and to be clear, I'm not after a job in central office.

[tweet]1545826444760195072[/tweet]

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I don't like popcorn. Can anyone suggest something to nibble on over the next few weeks and to be clear, I'm not after a job in central office.

Buckle in. This is going to be awesome.

Just a shame that there is a country that actually needs putting back together whilst they are all tearing each other to shreds in a blind fury of naked ambition and the people trying to prop up our crumbling public services and educate our kids are queuing up at food banks.

BrianB

Sleepy Mid Sussex
Nov 14, 2020
Nice theory but the monarchy really doesn't work like that. It's "The King is dead. Long live the King!" They have been effecting seamless transitions from one sovereign to the next for centuries. The moment the queen passes, her heir becomes monarch and it really is as simple as that. No drama, no constitutional crisis.

True , but given that a significant number of monarchists don't want Charlie on the throne that could throw a spanner in the works. She has been ill recently.
As I said ,it's only a theory but ticking it off the list is a defence against the slimeball..

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I bet the senior Tory nipple licking drink spiker that was never named isn't running for the leadership.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
True , but given that a significant number of monarchists don't want Charlie on the throne that could throw a spanner in the works. She has been ill recently.
As I said ,it's only a theory but ticking it off the list is a defence against the slimeball..

I think you can safely tick that theory off the list. Charles will be king, it will go smoothly and according to the long standing plans for the transference of power.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
My wife doesn’t often make me laugh out loud, but tonight we have just been watching News at Ten, before getting our jimjams on, while the newsreader was rattling off the list of nonentities jockeying for the top job in No 10.

Getting up and heading for the bathroom, she said “I think I’ll put my name in” - made me really laugh that someone as unpolitically motivated could see the monstrosity of what’s going on. Having said that, I think she could do a job!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here