Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Mark Steel is on this week's The Bugle

https://www.thebuglepodcast.com/the-bugle

Despite everything! I'm expecting a tour de force, so far I'm 2 minutes in and haven't been disappointed.

I like Mark Steele for a Palace fan, but there are numerous left wing commentators and comedians who quite obviously dislike Johnson.

Unfortunately those on the right (of which there were many) who despised this horrible narcissistic lying chancer based on personal experience were roundly ignored.

When someone with the voting record of Rory Stewart and the editorial output of Max Hastings warn you this excuse for a man is the worst thing to happen in British public life you should really sit up and listen.

Unfortunately millions voted for him, but then again this is the country voted for a dog to win Britain's Got Talent.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Is it self indulgent to hope the rumours are true that Nadine Dories is hoping to stand as leader ?

#gonads has been trending on twitter.

Just remember our nation's fate will be in hands of Tory members, any shit can happen

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Has anyone talked about Andrea Jenkyns being appointed parliamentary under secretary of state at the Department for Education literally a day after flipping the bird at the British public?

An apt, literal gesture mirroring what Tory scum have been metaphorically doing to the British public for 12 years.

It's a real shame this incident has mostly gone unmentioned because jostling and jeering with all the other Hooray Henry's and Harriet's in the Commons is one thing but turning on the electorate with abuse and rude hand gestures is too much.

A very real illustration of just how low that exasperating mob of porcine mountebanks has sunk.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I can’t argue with the logic and clearly potential truth of this article.

In that light, this bit is very very chilling:

“In fact, when their interests are thwarted, dark triad personalities often unleash the vengeful side of their nature, and purposely cause chaos and destruction.”

We’re in for a tough couple of months aren’t we!

Tomorrow's headlines tell us that he is forging ahead with the Rwanda transports.

By what definition has he resigned?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Has anyone talked about Andrea Jenkyns being appointed parliamentary under secretary of state at the Department for Education literally a day after flipping the bird at the British public?

Yes, I mentioned it this morning, and she was screaming at them He who laughs last, laughs loudest.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Peter Kyle ripping Rees-Mogg a new hole on Any Questions right now. Along with Baroness Jones setting the record straight on Johnson and his cronies. Forget Question Time, R4’s AQ’s is where the real stuff happens.

“We all knew he was rotten but I’ll admit, even I didn’t think he would be this awful. He is the worst PM this country has ever had…and he has squandered the majority the people gifted him”.

Yes.

“He delivered Brexit? No he didn’t, it’s not over. It’s a catastrophic mess”

That was a masterclass from Peter Kyle.

Crowd was incredibly hostile to Tories. Dorset hardly the centre of Marxism

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mark Steele" is on this week's The Bugle

https://www.thebuglepodcast.com/the-bugle

Despite everything! I'm expecting a tour de force, so far I'm 2 minutes in and haven't been disappointed.

I like Mark Steele for a Palace fan, but there are numerous left wing commentators and comedians who quite obviously dislike Johnson.

Unfortunately those on the right (of which there were many) who despised this horrible narcissistic lying chancer based on personal experience were roundly ignored.

When someone with the voting record of Rory Stewart and the editorial output of Max Hastings warn you this excuse for a man is the worst thing to happen in British public life you should really sit up and listen.

Unfortunately millions voted for him, but then again this is the country voted for a dog to win Britain's Got Talent.

"He stands out of all the people who went to boarding school at aged 4, sent to Eton and by dent of your birthright will be a supreme leader and you are superior to all the people in the world who haven't been born into you family line...

..even amongst that demographic...

...he was a ****".

Mark Steele - The Bugle.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I see Steve Baker has dropped out and will be supporting Suella Braverman, a woman whose only redeeming feature is that her name sounds a bit like Floella Benjamin.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I see Steve Baker has dropped out and will be supporting Suella Braverman, a woman whose only redeeming feature is that her name sounds a bit like Floella Benjamin.

Has put the anti-woke agenda at the forefront of her campaign.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'll have a listen to Kyle on AQ who, for me at least, has a fairly similar profile/career trajectory in the Labour Party as Wes Streeting -- who I think is about the most effective communicator in the party alongside, off the top of my head, Burnham and Nandy.

But back to AQ, it's a great programme, although probably carried by the excellent Chris Mason (it'll be interesting to see if its quality can be sustained without him). I tuned into the televisual equivalent, QT, this week, and it's a pale shadow of AQ. Not convinced by Fiona Bruce, and (as much as I am intrigued by and have respect for him) Campbell was painful, speaking over others far too much. I won't be tuning in again in a hurry.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That was a masterclass from Peter Kyle.

Crowd was incredibly hostile to Tories. Dorset hardly the centre of Marxism

They have been for some time actually.

Unlike QT or 5Live who can easily ‘rent-an-idiot’, the BBC simply can’t find the sort of Times, Telegraph, Guardian or Independent reading listeners to be in the audience to vocally support this lot on Any Questions. They have totally lost the educated classes (with the exception of those making a lot of money out of PPE deals or backhanders etc).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is there a definitive list of the Johnson Governments corruption?

I read things like, his Caribbean holiday, and the mystery of who paid for it, and even his lost Italian weekend with Lebedev, and think”Christ, I’d forgotten that”.

In the coming years I think we will find that Johnson is the most corrupt PM in our country’s history, outstripping such luminaries as Robert Walpole, David Lloyd George and a certain Tony Blair.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Has put the anti-woke agenda at the forefront of her campaign.

Indeed. I almost had to turn off her smug schoolgirl voicing meaningless claptrap routine from Today earlier in the week, and that was on one of the most interesting mornings of all. Desperately disappointed that she wasn't asked to define what she meant by "woke". I bet she can't. No one can.

What we all need now is a renewed culture war. That'll fix everything.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

She sounds like a better-educated and less drunk version of Mad Nad:

In March 2019, Braverman stated in a speech for the Bruges Group that "[a]s Conservatives, we are engaged in a battle against Cultural Marxism". Journalists present at the event included Dawn Foster, who challenged Braverman's use of the term "cultural Marxism", highlighting its anti-Semitic history and its connection to the manifesto of the mass murderer Anders Breivik. Braverman responded, "Yes, I do believe that we are in a fight against cultural Marxism. We have a culture evolving from the far left which is about snuffing out freedom of speech." Her use of the term was initially condemned as hate speech by other MPs, the Board of Deputies of British Jews and the anti-racist organisation Hope Not Hate, among other anti-racist charities. Braverman denied that the term was an antisemitic trope, saying, "We have culture evolving from the far left which has allowed the snuffing out of freedom of speech, freedom of thought. [...] I'm very aware of that ongoing creep of cultural Marxism, which has come from Jeremy Corbyn." After meeting with her later, the Board of Deputies of British Jews said in a subsequent statement that she is "not in any way antisemitic", saying it believed that she did not "intentionally use antisemitic language", while finding that she "is clearly a good friend of the Jewish community" and that they were "sorry to see that the whole matter has caused distress".

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

On a lighter note, her real name is Sue-Ellen. Just like the lucky lady in the picture below. Could they be in any way related? ???

Sue Ellen.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here