Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Peter Kyle ripping Rees-Mogg a new hole on Any Questions right now. Along with Baroness Jones setting the record straight on Johnson and his cronies. Forget Question Time, R4’s AQ’s is where the real stuff happens.

“We all knew he was rotten but I’ll admit, even I didn’t think he would be this awful. He is the worst PM this country has ever had…and he has squandered the majority the people gifted him”.

Yes.

“He delivered Brexit? No he didn’t, it’s not over. It’s a catastrophic mess”

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ooh - thanks! I’ll have a listen back to that AQ on BBC Sounds catch up.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Is it self indulgent to hope the rumours are true that Nadine Dories is hoping to stand as leader ?

Ha! Can you imagine it?! Not that she would even reach the threshold of nominations required to go forward to the ballot, but I assume if she is thinking of standing, her warped plan would be to make Johnson a peer, then appoint him to her Cabinet as Prime Minister.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Bridport audience (53%) Tory are firmly behind Kyle. A real rhetoric and sense in both the audience and the panel that it’s all about a future without a Tory government. Great to hear.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
If this Bridport audience is anything to go by, people are really ready to acknowledge Brexit was a massive mistake based on lies!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whether he stays or goes Sunak etc are only taking calculated punts in terms of their own careers - by resigning, I suspect they’re wagering on him going very soon so they can step in. Nothing much about honesty and integrity involved with any of this cabinet (if there was they would have done something long before now)

:whistle::whistle:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I've got an idea to cut down the ever increasing by the hour field of runners and riders.

I'm not in any way responsible for supporting the current clusterf*** for the last 2.5 years because :

(Please answer in under 40 words)

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
When I hear the term "economic heavyweight" I tend to think of names such as Keynes, Friedman and maybe Rothbard. First though, I think of Rishi, an economic super heavyweight.

Jesus Christ: Rothbard!?
Spare us. If you must include the likes of him and Milton, at least recognise that Hayek was their intellectual giant. Although writing at the same time as Polanyi, Keynes and Schumpeter.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, when you're up against Steve or Suella, what hope is there?

Just a reminder that the shortlist will be compiled by the "honourable" members who've let this shit show carry on past several sell by dates and will be voted for by a small number of reactionary pensioners who thought Boris had credibility.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here