Tommy Elphick

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Kazenga will get all the plaudits tonight, and rightly so, what a strike!

BUT Tommy Elphick was outstanding today, surely one of his best games for us.

Threw himself at the ball whenever it was near him, won pretty much everything in the air, and one outstanding tackle when Easter (I think) was through. Brilliant from him today, delighted we got a clean sheet.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
your spot on clarkey, elphick was sensational today, the tackle you are referring to was bobby moore-esque.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Tommy Elphick was immense today! I cannot recall him making a mistake all game.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon

Zeff

Jun 1, 2009
Southwick
Elphick was quality today, but El Abd also had one of his best games. On review I would not drop either of them, even if Greer is fit.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Elphick was quality today, but El Abd also had one of his best games. On review I would not drop either of them, even if Greer is fit.

El Abd was great as well, especially when Ibehre came on. However, there were a couple of shocking, reckless challenges from him; one being one of the many which the ref claimed took the ball which brought laughter from the whole stadium and benches.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Tommy was good. Thought Bennett was outstanding.

Didn't think he had the greatest first half, but neither did any of the team really. Second half would agree that Bennett played well. Top performance from the back 4 today. LuaLua, well what more needs to be said about this player than... Flair. Promising times for us Brighton fans, roll on next weeks trip to Carlisle. :albion1:

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon
El Abd was great as well, especially when Ibehre came on. However, there were a couple of shocking, reckless challenges from him; one being one of the many which the ref claimed took the ball which brought laughter from the whole stadium and benches.

That was a great challenge!:laugh:

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
However, there were a couple of shocking, reckless challenges from him; one being one of the many which the ref claimed took the ball which brought laughter from the whole stadium and benches.

Yet again thought the ref had a crap game. He was poor for both teams that El-abd decision was ridiculous, also people around me went mental when a similar decision was made agaisnt LuaLua but I didn't see it.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I thought el abd was even better, but they were both superb, can't be dropped for Greer.

Agree with this, provided they keep it up during next few games, depending on how long Greer is out for. Makes people fight for their places and not become complacent.

I have previously posted about how poor El-Abd has played in other games but today he just about shaded it at the back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports