Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Time Wasting

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Not a fan of it at all.

But that's the first time I can remember when we've deliberately time wasted; 25 mins to celebrate the goal and casually saunter back into our half, Verbruggen taking ages to release it, the subs, the final sub with (Leaping Salmon) Barco when they're trying to take a quick free kick, the pissing around in the corner with the 3 players and messing about, the age to take a throw in. As well as refreshing the midfield.

Beautiful. Just see the game out, get that win in the bag rather than going for a second and conceding an equaliser.

Great game management. Just loved it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not a fan of it at all.

But that's the first time I can remember when we've deliberately time wasted; 25 mins to celebrate the goal and casually saunter back into our half, Verbruggen taking ages to release it, the subs, the final sub with (Leaping Salmon) Barco when they're trying to take a quick free kick, the pissing around in the corner with the 3 players and messing about, the age to take a throw in. As well as refreshing the midfield.

Beautiful. Just see the game out, get that win in the bag rather than going for a second and conceding an equaliser.

And all the 'come on' arm waving to the crowd.

Quality.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yes, don’t usually like it but doing it against Emery’s Villa is karma, as it would be against Fulham.
Absolutely this. Hate time wasting from any side. Except today against the biggest time wasters ever. Hate Villa. So happy we beat them today.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
There's not been that many occasions under RDZ where we've had a one goal lead to protect in Stoppage time. But when we have the only time I recall us being under the kosh was with ten men at Forest.

Good keepball and game management

el punal

Not a fan of it at all.

I think it was around the 90th minute we took the ball into the corner by the North and East stands, my feeling at the time was that it’s too early for corner flag shithousery as there were 9 minutes of added on time. But you’re right - we took a leaf out of Villa’s book from previous encounters and completely frustrated them. I would say the boot was definitely on the other foot for a change. Marvellous! :thumbsup:

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
We do it quite a lot away from home. The amount of time we would waste at a throw in or goal kick used to be laughable. I swear steele was booked this season for it?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
We do it quite a lot away from home. The amount of time we would waste at a throw in or goal kick used to be laughable. I swear steele was booked this season for it?
Steele was booked at Bournemouth last season for time wasting…the old routine where he puts the ball down and lets Dunk take the kick. We were taking the piss!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ironic that people like it when we do it but hate it when Villa or other teams do it. Its just part of football these days.
Indeed. Especially Barcos & Pedros theatrics, people would be going crazy if an opposing player did the same

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Absolutely this. Hate time wasting from any side. Except today against the biggest time wasters ever. Hate Villa. So happy we beat them today.
Brilliant lots of teams do it ----y shouldnt we

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here