Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The real ticket issue?

That is correct. Due to the operators inability to check every passenger and the number of people that took advantage both the club and travel operator lost huge sums, so now every fan contributes whether they use the travel or not.

Or to put it another way, we're back to the same situation with public transport as when at Withdean following an ill conceived, impractical and expensive experiment by the then Club management that chose not to fully engage with the service providers until after implementation and didn't figure on their being an underlying dishonesty in some elements of the fan base. Poyet out!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When I suggested onWednesday evening to Paul barber that we could be losing up to 20% STH he thought I was miles out, and it wouldn't be that many.

I hope he's right, and in wrong.

One thing to bear in mind is that 1901 members are included in season ticket sales and they still have a year to go. I am not sure how many of them there are but their inclusion will make the drop appear less than it is likely to be in a year on year drop. I have seen nothing to make me think that the club aren't going to take a big hit on sales next season. 1901 renewals next year will be telling too.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So when do we expect renewal details to be sent out ?

And I think there will be at least 15% less STHs next season

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
So when do we expect renewal details to be sent out ?

And I think there will be at least 15% less STHs next season

It's announced this weekend said PB at a meet during the week.

Ps: why 15% not 25 or 5 or 10 ? Lots of gloomy numbers on here which I understand but is that 15 a hunch or based on normal pattern you'd expect of a club having a bad season. Lots of data out there that says it could be a lot less...and it's dependent anyway on pricing/packages etc to some extent ...
What if prices froze or went down? Still 15 ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Ps: why 15% not 25 or 5 or 10 ? Lots of gloomy numbers on here which I understand but is that 15 a hunch or based on normal pattern you'd expect of a club having a bad season. Lots of data out there that says it could be a lot less...and it's dependent anyway on pricing/packages etc to some extent ...

Just a hunch given the apathy around where I am in WSU. This season has been a shambles whilst goods are cheaper giving people a bit more spare cash that will not last long. At some point interest rates will go up and wages are stagnant with a lot fearful of their jobs.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So all will be revealed at 18:30 tomorrow night

Rip off alert ?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The underlying point is that account customers paying by dd represent fantastic business for the club, smoothing out the cash flow and decimating marketing and admin costs. We'll see if they understand that simple truth shortly, when the ST renewal letters arrive.

Jan 30, 2008

don't think a lot of that applies , genuinely think people have had enough of the Amex experience , fair comment???
regards
DR

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If season ticket prices are frozen (or if there are other offers - perhaps an early renewal discount ?) will you regard that as a rip off ?

Frozen yes, early renewal no

Jan 30, 2008
Do you still go to the Amex ? Were you there this afternoon ?
first of all you haven't answered my question??? In reply to yours, no and no, reason being ,crap ambience feeling ripped off and sub standard on field entertainment from some "proffesionals" getting paid stupid amounts of money
regards
DR

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If the season ticket sales aren't down at least 20%, a lot of people on here are going to be really pissed off.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If the season ticket sales aren't down at least 20%, a lot of people on here are going to be really pissed off.

I would rather ST sales remain constant however I just cannot see it given the poor season and squeeze on house finances

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
first of all you haven't answered my question??? In reply to yours, no and no, reason being ,crap ambience feeling ripped off and sub standard on field entertainment from some "proffesionals" getting paid stupid amounts of money
regards
DR

If its ok to ask . How do you follow the Albion ? Do you listen to the radio commentary ? (Interested - because you spend a lot of time on NSC but you don't seem to go to matches or want to go to matches)

Jan 30, 2008
If its ok to ask . How do you follow the Albion ? Do you listen to the radio commentary ? (Interested - because you spend a lot of time on NSC but you don't seem to go to matches or want to go to matches)
Yeah listen to the radio , offered a ticket for leeds game but turned it down , more important things to do with my time rather than wasting my money watching Football at the moment ,when the bottom falls out of the game and some sanity is returned I might have a different view but i won't hold my breath
regards
DR

Yeah listen to the radio , offered a ticket for leeds game but turned it down , more important things to do with my time rather than wasting my money watching Football at the moment ,when the bottom falls out of the game and some sanity is returned I might have a different view but i won't hold my breath
regards
DR
So you're still a fan (follower?) but not a supporter any more; is this a fair description of your "relationship" with BHA now?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
I would rather ST sales remain constant however I just cannot see it given the poor season and squeeze on house finances
Would it not be gratifying to see your take on the situation confirmed, and your powers of prognostication turn out to be better than the club's?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here