Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Open

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
I think Justin Rose could surprise a few people this week, maybe worth an each-way flutter. (66/1)

And you can never discount David Duval, despite his horrendous run of form recently. (100/1)

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Anyone going, what are the odds of you getting your own Withdean seat? (if you're a southstander)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Don't whatever you do waste your money on Tiger Woods. He is totally useless. If I had a £ 100 free bet I would put in on about 20 players ahead of Woods. I expect Woods to finish around 25th this year , with excuses raniging from, someone coughed as I was about to hit a ball, the wind blew as I was about to putt or an aeroplane went overhead was I was about to drive.

He should be around 20/1 to win and not the 11/4 on offer. Anyone that takes 11/4 is mad.

I would back Justin Rose each way 1st 5 at 66/1.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
DTES - My internet account with Victor Chandler are paying 1/4 the odds first 5. Justin Rose is he comes 5th pays 16.5-1.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Justin Rose has had a good year or so, but that doesn't mean he's a world beater.

I reckon the stage is set for Sergio Garcia (40/1) but I reckon Vijay Singh (28/1) and Phil Mickelson (40/1) look like decent each way bets.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs

Fluffster

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham
WATFORD O said:
Its dull. I hate golf.

I have to apologise, the signature of Watford 0 defiantely isn't accurate, as those are the words of somebody very intelligent!
;) :clap2:

I hate golf, playing is ok, although i suck. But watching Golf is about exciting as watching paint dry.

But each to their own i suppose.

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
master, see I am a nice guy. Playing its fun providing its a lovely day and you have a few beers and a large spliff....

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
WATFORD O said:
master, see I am a nice guy. Playing its fun providing its a lovely day and you have a few beers and a large spliff....

Listening to you on a loverly day with a few beers and a spliff might even surpass as fun Watto

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Marshy said:
Any tips for the Open starting thursday ?

Quite fancy Monty each way at 80/1 !

I read in the paper this morning that Monty is warning "Don't write me off". Sorry Monty, but I think I will if it's all the same to you. Your time has passed and you blew it.

In fact, that newspaper headline reminded me of when the Match Of The Day crew were mooting a return to the England fold for a porky Paul Gascoigne after he destroyed the opposition in the FA Cup on his own (they won 4-1) when playing for Everton. The fact that the opposition were a pub team (Leyton Orient) seemed to be of little relevence to Ally McCoist and chums.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
WATFORD O said:
might do redland but you'd probably hate it..........

nope you are probably correct !!! :lolol:

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
CPFC....

Well i like to think I no a bit...I play of 9.

Id like to think that Monty has it in him still.

Was just thinking of something other than the obvious names really.

Darren Clarke could be worth a wager as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here