Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
was an interesting game at Woodside on saturday where 1400 braved the train strikes to be there

Whitehawk were definitely the better team in the first half and were deservedly 1-0 up at the break. Were in not for an exceptional goalline clearance they would have gone in 2-0 up

Worthing did grow into the game and everything changed with Jake Robinson's stunning SCORPION KICK and were in control from that point really. Were later awarded a penalty which Robinson slammed home

Joe Felix the stand out man for Worthing in my view

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Hmmm Horsham YMCA are hosting the Crows in the SCFL this Saturday.

I'm far from confident!
Yes, YM are struggling. I've seen a few of their games over recent seasons. The most recent was Haywards Heath away at the beginning of this season. An enjoyable experience.

In your opinion, do you think Dean Carden should be replaced/step aside?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hmmm Horsham YMCA are hosting the Crows in the SCFL this Saturday.

I'm far from confident!
Most important fixture this season for YMCA is this evening at Horsham District Council Planning Dept.

Absolutely imperative that HDC approve the 3G pitch - let's hope that the new Lib-Dem led council approve it!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Most important fixture this season for YMCA is this evening at Horsham District Council Planning Dept.

Absolutely imperative that HDC approve the 3G pitch - let's hope that the new Lib-Dem led council approve it!
It's sad to see so many lovely grass surfaces being replaced by 3G pitches.
My club, Bognor Regis Town have always prided themselves on the quality of their grass pitch.
However, we're getting left behind by all our local rivals with 3G pitches who receive lots of additional income from renting out their grounds and the increased footfall and money spent taken in their social clubs.

Worthing, Horsham, Havant & Waterlooville all now sit above Bognor, and in addition Chichester City are currently having a 3G pitch laid.
Even Lewes because of their Women's Championship side have a top of the range grass Premier League quality pitch with synthetic fibres in it costing over a million pounds.

Good luck with your planning application, it's a shame to see grass surfaces disappear but I fully understand why you are doing it.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes, YM are struggling. I've seen a few of their games over recent seasons. The most recent was Haywards Heath away at the beginning of this season. An enjoyable experience.

In your opinion, do you think Dean Carden should be replaced/step aside?
It all depends on how ambitious the rest of the committee want to be l guess, are we happy having a manager who will almost certainly keep us up, but have next to no chance of winning silverware or making a promotion push?

Personally l see no point at all in just running a club for the sake of it, football means nothing unless you have ambition to do well. If we aren't careful we will soon become the 4th team in Horsham. The town side of course are flying at the moment, are enjoying a lot of support and playing in front of some very big croeds, Broadbridge Heath were promoted out of our League last season, and even "little" Roffey cujrrently playing in the division below us have big plans for the future, Tonight's FA Vase tie at home to Loxwood is a massive game for Dean and his staff l think.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Yes absolutely right, all of us from the committee will be at the council offices for it, before we go on to Gorings Mead for the FA Vase tie tonight.

Wish us luck, although l'm not overly hopeful as the planning committee has been recommended to reject it. Lets just hope for a few passionate speeches on our behalf.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It's sad to see so many lovely grass surfaces being replaced by 3G pitches.
My club, Bognor Regis Town have always prided themselves on the quality of their grass pitch.
However, we're getting left behind by all our local rivals with 3G pitches who receive lots of additional income from renting out their grounds and the increased footfall and money spent taken in their social clubs.

Worthing, Horsham, Havant & Waterlooville all now sit above Bognor, and in addition Chichester City are currently having a 3G pitch laid.
Even Lewes because of their Women's Championship side have a top of the range grass Premier League quality pitch with synthetic fibres in it costing over a million pounds.

Good luck with your planning application, it's a shame to see grass surfaces disappear but I fully understand why you are doing it.
It's a shame in a way but also great in a way - far fewer games across non-leagie called off over winter and the extra income is keeping a fair few clubs alive and not just surviving!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Yes absolutely right, all of us from the committee will be at the council offices for it, before we go on to Gorings Mead for the FA Vase tie tonight.

Wish us luck, although l'm not overly hopeful as the planning committee has been recommended to reject it. Lets just hope for a few passionate speeches on our behalf.
So decision 'deferred' last night by the planning comittee.

Still hopeful it will get the go-ahead in due course, once a few more details are confirmed.

I thought all those who spoke in favour last night spoke very well.

Good result on the pitch as YM progress to the next round of the Vase.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

What reason can be given for not allowing a 3g pitch

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What reason can be given for not allowing a 3g pitch
Well the biggest problem ahs been a large Ash tree a few feet from the edge of the pitch, it has a preservation order on it as bats are resident in the tree. For the pitch to be built the tree would need to be felled. Although the club have offered to plant ten new saplings in it's place many of the planning committee have been wanting to veto it. The only time in my life l have ever wanted a tree to suffer from Ash Die Back disease!

The Horsham District Council voted to defer a decision at the meeting last night, as two or three concerns still need to be addressed, but we are hoping for a green light when they next meet in November.

Watch this space.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Well the biggest problem ahs been a large Ash tree a few feet from the edge of the pitch, it has a preservation order on it as bats are resident in the tree. For the pitch to be built the tree would need to be felled. Although the club have offered to plant ten new saplings in it's place many of the planning committee have been wanting to veto it. The only time in my life l have ever wanted a tree to suffer from Ash Die Back disease!

The Horsham District Council voted to defer a decision at the meeting last night, as two or three concerns still need to be addressed, but we are hoping for a green light when they next meet in November.

Watch this space.
Publicity in Argus today about a 175 year old tree. What amazed me was Argus said the club cost £120k a year to run. How times have changed since my days of playing County League football when queued up at training for a bit of petrol money including manager. If those figures are right where does the money go

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here