Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2023/24 Edition

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Ref very fussy at Worthing today ... I guess implementing the new rules. I lost count of the number of yellows he gave and it was inevitable that someone was going to pick up a second and see red. Fortunately it was a Tonbridge player with around 10 mins + stoppage to go.

1,120 saw Worthing score a 95th minute winner (the only goal of the game) ... which was just about deserved on the balance of play.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Went to see Saltdean United vs Badshot Lea in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round.
Badshot won 4-2. Decent cup tie with some cracking goals.
A Saltdean local was telling me the club are building a £2.5m stand / pavilion next season. Privately funded by local businessmen.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Unbelievable crowd. Glad that Borough got that yesterday and a win to go with it. Hopefully the start of something good!
I was there too and it was good to see the new players and coach welcomed by a crowd that size. I’ll try and get down there a bit more this season I think. Very impressed with the intensity of that first half performance even if Boro didn’t threaten much in the second half.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
1950 at Eastbourne Borough yesterday , not bad considering the weather
Almost as many at Cobham FC (about 70!) for the FA Cup 1st Preliminary Round fixture between Epsom & Ewell and Horsham YMCA, Epsom & Ewell winning a toight encounter 2-1.

Awful weather, got absolutely soaked, the game was delayed for 30 minutes as there was excess water all over the pitch, despite it being 3G.

Bye bye FA Cup for another year.

. Bury FC back at Gigg Lane in front of 5,400 and no doubt that that will fall back somewhat but certainly the Elephant 🐘 in the room of the North West Counties League.
And also in the FA Cup Extra Preliminary Round, where they won 4-1 at Uttoxeter (east Staffs); I'd like to know how many they took to that one. I'll probably go and see them if they visit any of the Mansfield clubs, although two of them have to get through replays.

Last edited:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Potential gonna head to Burgess Hill tomorrow to watch the Cup replay, was tempted to get in a new ground at Thamesmead for Hassocks’ replay but it is literally a transport black hole

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Sadly now The Blue Brazil are non league so thus qualify for this debate, as of course do the whole of the Lowland and Highland league. So a 21 hour day return to the Moo Camp for a 2-2 draw against Civil Service Strollers. (Thanks to National Express for their overnight Gatwick Worthing service as Southern are once again missing in action.) Oddly not the only Brighton fan present. Football slight improvement on last year.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sadly now The Blue Brazil are non league so thus qualify for this debate, as of course do the whole of the Lowland and Highland league. So a 21 hour day return to the Moo Camp for a 2-2 draw against Civil Service Strollers. (Thanks to National Express for their overnight Gatwick Worthing service as Southern are once again missing in action.) Oddly not the only Brighton fan present. Football slight improvement on last year.
Reminds me of a match back in our Withdean days, when l got chatting to a Scotsman from Stirling. I've come down to see what the other Albion are like he said, it's a magnificent set up you have here.

If he was that impressed with the Withdean, it got me wondering what Stirling Albion's Firthbank Stadium might be like.

Perhaps one day l should pay a visit. It won't be up and back in a day though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here