Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The most expensive pint you have paid for

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
just wondering how much people have paid or are prepared to pay for a pint.

anything like fosters, carling,carlsberg id pay no more than £2.60

nearly fell of my chair when they charged £2.90 for a pint of 4 X ,down the beach!, i could have bought my own cans down and sat 2 yards away from my seat! (whos the pikey now?)

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Paid £6.50 (in Euros) for a pint of San Miguel in Amnesia in Ibiza. After getting into the VIP bit of Pacha we paid £7 each for a bottle of water. :ohmy:

Only prepared to pay that much in Ibiza. £2.50 max in the UK, though if you go anywhere north of Birmingham you'll pay less than £2.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
£3.20 in the Beach at Meltdown.

Most i've paid for a pint is when is bought a pint of Kriek in the Evening Star for £3.60 but thats the going rate seeing as its an 8% beer brewed with cherries.

If you don't want to pay big for beer do not, repeat not, go to Fabric.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I bought a can of red stripe and a bottle of water and in total it came to 6.50 at the Royal Albert HAll

On questioning I was told the waters was three quid and the can 3.50.

Curiously I still paid it..... :shootself

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
I always think £3 is the maximum for a pint, thats what they try and charge in some clubs and various sporting grounds I've been too.

Remember the days when four double vodka and cokes were £5.60 at university, if only the real world was like that :ohmy:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Beeneys gloves said:
I always think £3 is the maximum for a pint, thats what they try and charge in some clubs and various sporting grounds I've been too.

Remember the days when four double vodka and cokes were £5.60 at university, if only the real world was like that :ohmy:

I remember the (now banned) Vodbull nights, which were £3 to get in, and 50p for a double vodka and Red Bull :eek:

Rumour had it that they were banned as somebody died in a uni around the country, but it wasn't confirmed. There was a hell of a lot of paraletic people though, and the QMC up in Nottingham complained to our uni about the amount of casualties on Vodbull night.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
WiltsRoyal said:
I remember the (now banned) Vodbull nights, which were £3 to get in, and 50p for a double vodka and Red Bull :eek:

Rumour had it that they were banned as somebody died in a uni around the country, but it wasn't confirmed. There was a hell of a lot of paraletic people though, and the QMC up in Nottingham complained to our uni about the amount of casualties on Vodbull night.

Which uni were you at?

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Which uni were you at?

Nottingham up to 2002, then Southampton until this June... now getting a job at last, but only in October, feck all else to do in the meantime bar a boring but quite easy dissertation.

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Trigger said:
ORANJEBOOM!!!!!!!! £2.60 Per Go At The Cricket, Its A Nice Drop Though :drink:

I love orangeboom! only sell it at a few pubs, i remember the Gillingham social club used to have it on tap.
£2.60 aint that much 'Trigger' id say that was a good price for cricket.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I paid £3.50 for a bottle of Becks at a hotel function room in Kensington last year. There was no draught beer.

Even though I was on expenses, I soon found a pub down the road.

Last edited:

Hilton

Jul 5, 2003
Norman, Oklahoma
Paid £3.10 for a pint of Grolsch at the Brixton Acadamy, and it was the same price for a bottle of Becks at the Escape a week or two ago.:nono:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
i remember i went to a mates wedding in a posh hotel in oxford,
the lager was well expensive so, a couple of us grabbed loads of debenhams carrier bags that the wedding presents came in ,went to the off licence ,walked in the place as if we had more presents for them. had a great cheap night (i think i am a pikey, im worring myself now!)

JAMC

Jul 5, 2003
Around £3.50 for a pint of Guinness in Amserdam. That was about 4 years ago so I dread to think what the price is now.

:shootself :drink: :drink:

Mr Popkins

Jul 8, 2003
LIVING IN SIN
Safeway Seagull said:
Mr Popkins, we paid £3 at the beach football a couple of weeks back.

Yer pikey!

oh yes i forgot about that! thats why Jamies round consisted of Ice lollys! ,what a tight bastard!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
£4 for a pint of Tiger at Veeraswaamy in Regent Street. I work in Chelsea, so pretty much every pub around here wants over £3 for a pint of cooking lager.

Stick to the Guinness - I've never had to pay more than £2.50 for that anywhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here