Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the bring back Matthew Wicks poll

Should we try and re-sign Matt Wicks

• yes what a great idea!

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • no that's the shittest idea anyone has ever said!

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

nutter

Jul 6, 2003
Brighton
I thought he was great and although injury prone,the guy was a legend.Can't belive PT swapped him for that bag of shite David Lee.Bersides he isn't with a club to my knowledge.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
bad attitude i do believe

although coppell could bring the best out of him

one area we dont need strengthening i think is centre back, i mean we've got

Cullip,Blackwell,Pethick,Mayo,Virgo,Hinshelwood,Butters, and Al-Ebd who can all play at that position

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
while we're at it, should we re-sign Paul McCarthy? he's available on a free:D

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
McCarthy has signed for Oxford. Wicks had a bad attitude here and then an even worse one at Hull. Unfortunately it seems his father (ex Chelsea Steve Wicks) has convinced him that he's better than he actually is.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
i'm sure he is better than Butters
oh, shame about McCarthy, i thought it was just a loan spell
talking of ex-players, is Junior Lewis still available on a free? could he fill brooker's hole?

Van der Gully

Jul 10, 2003
Brunssum, NL
I was more than disappointed when Wicks left as I saw him developing into the type of player that Steve Foster was, he had a reasonable presence on the pitch even at a young age. I guess the bits we don't see as supporters are the behaviour of players either in the dressing room or on the training pitch, if the rumours that his attitude stank are true then perhaps it would be better if he didn't return.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
bigc said:

talking of ex-players, is Junior Lewis still available on a free? could he fill brooker's hole?

Isn't that a personal matter ? Lewis is still available I think but remember that guy was first and foremost a Taylor man. Stevie has his own views on who he wants. Frankly I don't think he was sold on John Robinson from the start. Hopefully his liking for Rouge will bring the big man back down here.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Rouge will definitely be able to fill Brooker's hole;)
I phrased it like that and knew someone was bound to pick up on it, collect your award bhaexpress:clap:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I am suprised to hear about Wicks' bad attitude - sounds more like bullshit posting to me...

Personally I thought his approach was first class & professional and he never once moaned about not being played...

Strangull

Jul 11, 2003
Butters ? Are we still feeding that muppet ??

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
perhaps he had a problem with PT, and thats where the rumours came from.
shame PT followed him to Hull

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here