[Albion] Summer clear out

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... šŸ˜Š

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Im with you for signing Barkley on a free if possible. He's played the full 90 for the last 25 games, and looked decent. Wages shouldnt be a problem, and would mean transfer budget could go on another quality centre mid.
Trouble with Barkley is if heā€™s settled on a longer contract is he going to get lazy again?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I've seen a few tweets from this Owen character because of the similar name to the Argus journo. I'm confident that he just makes them up, judging by the content.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Why would Baleba being wanted by those clubs not be true? Iā€™m sure theyā€™re all interested, the kid has a massive future. He won man of the match for us two/three games in a row just a few weeks ago. Heā€™s a brilliant young talent.

The only thing I donā€™t believe about that story is the price. Weā€™re not going to let him go for only Ā£55m after just one season.

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
I've seen a few tweets from this Owen character because of the similar name to the Argus journo. I'm confident that he just makes them up, judging by the content.

He acts as a Brighton news aggregator; if a relevant story is reported, he tweets the key points for Brighton followers. As it says, the Baleba story was reported in Caught Offside.

This is the latest one he's put out...

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
No they werenā€™t but they werenā€™t thrown straight in either. We had the limited but solid Stephens and Propper. It allowed us to bring through better players in our time.
The worst signing of last summer was Milner, on massive wages (for us) and has done f*** all for us. Heā€™s not even based here, he comes down by private helicopter twice a week from the north west. Ridiculous that weā€™ve allowed that situation to occur.
seriously...šŸš?...he should go to Saudi league

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Out: Dahoud, Igor, Milner, Steele, Edit: Lamptey

In (position): RB, LB, CB, DM, ST (only if Undav isnā€™t returning)

I understand we buy potential, but it would be lovely if any new additions could be in first team contention by the second half of the season.

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Personally Iā€™d be looking to move on

Steele - I think RDZ leaving is the final nail in the coffin for him. Verbruggen has to be first choice next season and Rushworth should be competing for his spot.

Lamptey - He just canā€™t stay fit and losing that yard of pace makes him so much less effective when he can.

At least one of Webster, Veltman & Igor - This is probably my most controversial take but weā€™ve slowly sleepwalked in to having a collection of injury prone, aging centre back options. Dunk & Veltman are 32, Webster turns 30 this year & Iā€™m not sure Igor really fits in to a back 4. Whilst CBā€™s normally mature slightly later is a noticeably different age range to the rest of the squad.

Who (and how many) Iā€™d sell depends on the next manager. If they want to play 3 at the back then I think Igor should stay, for example. However if weā€™re going to play a flat back 4 then I wouldnā€™t be opposed to two of them leaving and a younger, faster CB coming in.

A big chunk of the loan army - I think we need a clear out. Is Alzate good enough? Is Moran ever going to be good enough? Is Sarmiento ever going to be good enough? Ayari, Offiah, Turns, Sima, the Polish lad I canā€™t spell, Dahoud, Weir. If they arenā€™t good enough then get rid, get them off the wage bill and clear the path for the youth players who might be good enough. This also applies to the likes of Peupion & Chouchane.

Jury out on Moder & Dahoud, again with it depending on what formation weā€™re going to play next season. If weā€™re going to have a two man midfield and we sign the midfielder we desperately need then theyā€™re potentially behind Baleba, GroƟ, Gilmour & Hinshelwood as well as any new midfielders .

I also wouldnā€™t have kept Milner but itā€™s too late for that.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Anyone else thinking Buonanotte on loan? Could do with the games and not convinced heā€™ll get them here.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Anyone else thinking Buonanotte on loan? Could do with the games and not convinced heā€™ll get them here.
I came here to say this.

Controversial opinion but I think Goodnight is quite crap and gives me Forrestieri vibes. If one of the few outs is him and we sign a better alt we will be considerably stronger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports