Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stranger On The Town

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
I'm spending next weekend in sunny Brighton. Arriving on Thursday afternoon, departing on Monday morning. Staying in a small hotel just off the Marine Parade.

Any suggestions regarding things I should do during my visit? Places to go, things to see, decent pubs to drink in, etc?

gonzo666

Jul 5, 2003
southwick
font & firkin down the lanes top pub to go in:drink:

Try not to get raped up the arse.

Seriously though, if you're near the seafront then the marina is well worth a vist. About a 20 minute walk or you can get a number 7 bus on St James's Street (outside Safeway :thumbsup: ).

Also you've got the pier just over the road and of course the Royal Pavillion across the Old Steine. To be honest there are so many things to see/do you'll do well to get bored.

A good walk is the half mile from Brighton Pier to the West Pier (the big pile of rust) and then up onto Western Road and back along to Churchill Square.

Don't get one of those 'City Guide' buses though, they're a f***ing con.

If you do get bored then you can always jump on a 712 from town to Eastbourne: £2.40 return, bargain.

Hope that helps.

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
I've heard the Lord Nelson is pretty banging at around 7pm on the Saturday night :drink:

You might even meet the odd Albion fan... and maybe even Reading and AFC Wimbledon fans...

If you're into any sort of clubbing, then the Zap Club and Honey Club are quality.

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Apparently we have new fountain up the road from the Pavillion... :)

Around the Pav you've got the museum and art gallery - both free, probably worth a look. Just don't miss a wander around the Lanes and the North Laine area - the spirit of the City is captured perfectly within those two areas.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Cheshire Dolphin said:
Apparently we have new fountain up the road from the Pavillion... :)

Thats not new, just been out of commission for the last few years due to the tight fisted bastards at the council not getting thier arses in gear. I got sprayed by it today, great stuff.

Respect due to the old geezer that kept on at the duffers in town hall to get it working again:clap:

Strangull

Jul 11, 2003
Go away from the area you are staying in,avoiding the drunks down at the seafront.
Buy a saver ticket for the Brighton & Hove Buses (2.40p) and go in search on Wetherspoons in Hove,and surrounding areas,before heading back to the Nelson

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Thats not new, just been out of commission for the last few years due to the tight fisted bastards at the council not getting thier arses in gear.

I know, I've just never seen it working before - just marvelled at the big green hunk of metal in the centre of town with seemingly no purpose. :lolol:

Saw it from a distance today - looked quite impressive!

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
berkshire seagull said:
And not forgetting the sea life centre:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:
Im sure bluebird will have a stroll up st james street for a quick bum.:lol: :clap2: :flameboun

I do indeed intend to visit the Sealife Centre, Berkshire. I'm particularly keen on fish as it happens.

St James Street - do any sheep inhabit there? Coz that's all I ever shag. Obviously.

??? :lolol: ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
No but try Sheep Coat Valley - you'll probably feel very relaxed there.

Enjoy the trip through Camptown though on the way there.

:p :p :p :p :p

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Any more suggestions as regards good pubs?

Saturday evening is sorted, obviously. Now I just need places to head for on Thursday evening, Friday evening and Sunday evening.....

Somewhere with a decent jukebox would be nice.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Try the Greys pub on Southover street for some proper (and i mean proper) good food and some top notch belgian beers.They don't serve food on friday or sunday nights and saturday is normally booked up, i'd suggest either sunday afternoon when its nie a quiet or obviously thursay evening when it should be nice and lively. Also in that area is the Charles Napier also on Southover street, great boozer.

Other nice pubs you could try are the Evening Star for some Organic bevvies if that floats your boat, thats up by the station.

If hot get yourself down the seafront to the Fortune of War to watch the ladies walking by.

The Bath Arms in the Lanes is pretty good for some pub grub in the daytime as is the Hop Poles which does a little fancier food and serves Budvar on tap.

If you are out clubbing on the Friday you could do worse than the Ocean Rooms which has a blinding cocktail bar (bit pricey) on the top floor called the Red Room.

Have fun:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here