[Albion] Sheffield United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
How accurate was Chris Waddle? Always take him with a pinch of salt, but he said apart from our set pieces and Bassouma we were dire?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
You can watch certain games on the flight these days. That being said I doubt that the blades Vs Seagulls would be high on EKs list of must show games

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

6f79749bc0b54a0c5364a53072c7d2dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
As a fan who was there I thoroughly enjoyed today’s game. Yes it wasn’t a pretty game but too often this season we’ve played attractive football with no reward - Villa away being a classic example. GP set the team up deliberately to combat a big physical side and it worked against today’s opponents. Wilder had no complaints at the result and recognised we had done our job efficiently. Well played Albion including a very healthy away following who clapped the team off very proudly at the end of the game.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
As a fan who was there I thoroughly enjoyed today’s game. Yes it wasn’t a pretty game but too often this season we’ve played attractive football with no reward - Villa away being a classic example. GP set the team up deliberately to combat a big physical side and it worked against today’s opponents. Wilder had no complaints at the result and recognised we had done our job efficiently. Well played Albion including a very healthy away following who clapped the team off very proudly at the end of the game.

That's good to hear. I was almost covering my ears at Chris Waddles assessment, but to be fair I wince at his comments most of the time anyway. It was hard to get a sense of the positives and the reason we set up that way.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Just home, agree with this. We were talking before the game how it seemed obvious we’d left out the ‘lighterweights’. After a dodgy first 20 mins or so GP tweaked the formation and we looked instantly more solid. SU incredibly compact and difficult to break down, so a well-earned point IMO.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Great to see that GP is willing/able to adapt his favoured style against certain opponents. I must admit that I was concerned that we'd drop down without a fight. The main thing this season is now getting over the line whatever way possible. If that means going all Hughtonesque in certain games then so be it. Then GP has another full summer to build further towards the ultimate goal of successful Potterball.

Our fans sounded absolutely brilliant today. If only all those travelling regularly were stood together in the North.
Lots of moaning on the Sheff Utd message board about fans leaving early and average atmosphere from their fans. Sounds familiar... but they're 6th

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great to see that GP is willing/able to adapt his favoured style against certain opponents. I must admit that I was concerned that we'd drop down without a fight. The main thing this season is now getting over the line whatever way possible. If that means going all Hughtonesque in certain games then so be it. Then GP has another full summer to build further towards the ultimate goal of successful Potterball.

Our fans sounded absolutely brilliant today. If only all those travelling regularly were stood together in the North.
Lots of moaning on the Sheff Utd message board about fans leaving early and average atmosphere from their fans. Sounds familiar... but they're 6th

Agree - definitely a ‘horses for courses’ selection and performance so credit to Potter and the lads for that.

Dunno why but I was expecting the team in 5th (unexpectedly but deservedly) to have a properly bouncing atmosphere at home. It really wasn’t at all.......very long periods of almost silence from their lot. We were much better than of late today. Lots of leavers from early 80s mins.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Going by radio, our goal knocked the stuffing out of their Kop’s singing. It never got to earlier levels again. A familiar story at the Amex, bad news on the pitch, a killer in the crowd. We’re not unique after all.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Not just us then...

Game kind of reminded me of Wolves away last season a bit, backs against the wall a lot of the time, but battled well for the point. Seems like the fans played their part too :clap2:

5B9223EC-C3B8-4608-83B6-F462909F00EE.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports